No announcement yet.

2018 Fifa World Cup Draw Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To figure out the exact probabilities - we'd need to be clear on a couple of the assignment rules - anyone remember how this has gone in the past/will go now?

We know they'll assign the pots in order. Russia goes in Group A.
    Now - do we (a) Draw a team at random from the pot then B assign it to the first available pot it can go to? or (b) determine what groups a team can go in then randomly draw that? or
    (c) randomly draw a spot then randomly draw teams that can go in that spot?

I think it's A but it could be B? - A causes some interesting dependencies to determine the exact probabilities and figure out if the simulator is working correctly.

Scenario: Iran is in Group C - we are drawing pot 4 teams. so group A has 4 teams, group B has 4 teams, everyone else has 3 teams.
    Next team drawn - Japan. Does Japan now go to Group D? or draw from the rest? or do they get replaced and keep randomly drawing until group C gets a team it can get?

Comment

Originally posted by rjafari View Post
      To figure out the exact probabilities - we'd need to be clear on a couple of the assignment rules - anyone remember how this has gone in the past/will go now?

We know they'll assign the pots in order. Russia goes in Group A.
      Now - do we (a) Draw a team at random from the pot then B assign it to the first available pot it can go to? or (b) determine what groups a team can go in then randomly draw that? or
      (c) randomly draw a spot then randomly draw teams that can go in that spot?

I think it's A but it could be B? - A causes some interesting dependencies to determine the exact probabilities and figure out if the simulator is working correctly.

Scenario: Iran is in Group C - we are drawing pot 4 teams. so group A has 4 teams, group B has 4 teams, everyone else has 3 teams.
      Next team drawn - Japan. Does Japan now go to Group D? or draw from the rest? or do they get replaced and keep randomly drawing until group C gets a team it can get?
      In the example you drew up Japan would go to Group D.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        In the example you drew up Japan would go to Group D.
        great, thanks. So they draw the team from the pot and slot them in the first available group ordered A->H.

Comment

Germany
          Colombia
          Iran
          Morocco

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            First attempt and I got this one:
            [ATTACH]17585[/ATTACH]
            lol.

Plz turn off your TV and digital devices on the day of the draw.

In fact we all will chip in to send you & ATA to a lovely holiday on a remote island somewhere near Madagascar.

I got:
            Poland
            Colombia
            Iran
            Morocco

mehhh!
            I see a whole lot of us have got Morocco as the 4th team. Given that 3 of the 4th seeds are asians, chances of this is very very high.
            CQ must definitely try to play egypt, tunisia, algeria, ... in the near future

Comment

Well - if we get Serbia as a pot 4 team, the highest likelihoods are Panama, Morocco, Nigeria, followed by Serbia (lower due to a few conditional scenarios where two European teams in Pots 1 and 2 are drawn together with us).
              If New Zealand squeaks in, then it's an equal chance 4 ways.

I'd be ok with any except Nigeria.

Comment

one good thing about group of death for us, we will have better friendlies and preparation cause media will kill the iff if they dont.

Comment

Lol. I got:
                  ARGENTINA
                  SPAIN
                  IRAN
                  NIGERIA
                  That would be a fun but painful group.
                  I actually think we match up well against all of them. Teams that love possession and move slowly are TM's khorak.
                  Its the fast teams I worry about.

Comment

Poland
                    Uruguay
                    Iran
                    Morocco

Comment

I keep getting nigeria from pot 4.

that would be horrible
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Belgium
                        England
                        Iran
                        Nigeria

Nigeria is the only team from pot 4 that I would like to avoid. Not only are they the best team in Africa right now, they also won't underestimate us anymore because of 2014. Serbia and Panama would be awesome.

Comment

No way serbia! they would be real tough. Of all 4 teams we can get from pot 4, morocco and panama are our best chance for 3 points.

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                          Belgium
                          England
                          Iran
                          Nigeria

Nigeria is the only team from pot 4 that I would like to avoid. Not only are they the best team in Africa right now, they also won't underestimate us anymore because of 2014. Serbia and Panama would be awesome.

Comment

Germany

Switzerland

Iran

Nigeria

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
                              No way serbia! they would be real tough. Of all 4 teams we can get from pot 4, morocco and panama are our best chance for 3 points.
                              Serbia will underestimate us and go for attack. Also I watched their match against Austria and they aren't special.

Comment

From Pot 4, we want Panama or Morocco 100%

Serbia or Nigeria is the worst case scenario especially Serbia.
                                I personally think Iran vs Morocco would be very fun to watch

Comment

Working...
                                X