A Realistic Look at Our Chances- How to Approach Group B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Realistic Look at Our Chances- How to Approach Group B

Well, let's be honest, it really wasn't the draw we all hoped for, but there are some positive to take. The most important positive for me, is the order of matches:

- We KNOW, we must win the first match in order to have any chance of qualification. There is no ifs or buts....we win, and we will go into that final game in Saransk vs. Portugal with a chance to qualify.

- Spain and Portugal playing each other first, they can't be complacent. All teams want to make a statement in their first matches. Remember last World Cup? Both those teams were ELIMINATED in the group stage, because they suffered heavy defeat in their first matches and never really recovered. Spain lost 5-1 and Portugal lost 4-0. In that match, We must hope for a repeat, and most likely for Spain to beat Portugal, because the latter are more beatable and more prone to dropping points against weaker sides like us.

- It's been historically proven and accurate that top teams tend to play it a bit loosely in their second group match and if they drop any points, it's in that game. For example, Germany lost to Serbia in 2nd match in 2010, Brazil drew Mexico in 2014, Italy lost to Costa Rica in 2014, we almost drew Argentina ! and that's when we're facing the best team in our group.

- I am happy that we got Morocco instead of Panama. Why?? Panama, sure we'd have a better chance of beating, but they'd get pummeled by Portugal, and we won't have a chance of catching up on GD. Morocco is like an African IRAN. They didn't concede a goal in qualifiers....They can easily get a draw vs. Portugal. So it'll be HUGE if we beat them first match...but they are a very good team, but we know our task.

Keep your heads high, Carlos will have us prepared...and just enjoy the ride.

Recipe for progress:
    - Have Spain destroy Portugal first match
    - Beat Morocco
    - Don't lose to Spain by too many goals
    - Get a draw vs. Portugal last match and go up

Exactly. If we beat Morocco, which is not easy by any means, and steal some points from Portugal, and if Morocco also draws Portugal, and Spain wins all 3 games, we can still finish 2nd.

What's annyoing though is that Iran is the only Asian team in pot 3, yet we got the toughest group out of all Asian teams.. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
      Exactly. If we beat Morocco, which is not easy by any means, and steal some points from Portugal, and if Morocco also draws Portugal, and Spain wins all 3 games, we can still finish 2nd.

What's annyoing though is that Iran is the only Asian team in pot 3, yet we got the toughest group out of all Asian teams.. -_-
      The universe knows we are Asia's #1 and only possible Asian team that has remote chance of getting out of this group.
      EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post

South Korea got screwed pretty good also. Japan and KSA should be celebrating right now.

Comment

We must ignore the result between Spain and Portugal, since its not in our control and anything from draw or loss/win for either team can happen.
          The best receipt is:

we must beat Morroco, then we must beat Spain, and afterwards we must beat Portugal, then we must beat no 2. from A group, then we must beat the overrated losers who will be in our QF, then we must beat the Semis suckers, and afterwards we must beat the lucky guys in the final, then we will win the world cup. cheers.
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Iran is in US' position in 2014

Germany = Spain
            Portugal = Portugal
            USA = Iran
            Ghana = Morocco

Final group standing:

Germany
            USA
            Portugal
            Ghana

We can do it guys. Just because we got a tough group doesn't mean we can't make it. CQ will get his revenge on Portugal for firing him. Like a guy who got dumped by a hot girl, but found a better, loyal girl after. We will beat Morocco, lose to Spain, and eliminate Portugal on the last matchday with a tie.

I already foresee it. Somebody save this post and get back to me in June 2018 when we're in the round of 16!

Comment

Hahah thank you for this. Ultra depressed right now and I need that good laugh.

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
              We must ignore the result between Spain and Portugal, since its not in our control and anything from draw or loss/win for either team can happen.
              The best receipt is:
              we must beat Morroco, then we must beat Spain, and afterwards we must beat Portugal, then we must beat no 2. from A group, then we must beat the overrated losers who will be in our QF, then we must beat the Semis suckers, and afterwards we must beat the lucky guys in the final, then we will win the world cup. cheers.

Comment

i knew russia would get SA, so they can at least get a win in this WC.

We have a hard group but like elnino said spain and portugal will possibly be one of the most intense matches, and im sure they will
                1) make each other very exhausted before the second match
                2) possibly rack up injuries or suspensions

Portugal is in good form however their defence isn't nearly as good as spain's and I think we have much more of a chance against portugal than we do against spain.

But don't forget guys, the argentina we faced with a weak ass team was definitely as strong or better than both this spain and portugal, so we can definitely do it guys.
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Bring out your tasbih's guys.. We're gonna need them.

Comment

It's not too crazy to expect progression. We HAVE to beat Morocco, and i don't think that a draw against either Spain or Portugal is too tall a demand for our boys. With 4 points, we might well end up in second place.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                      Iran is in US' position in 2014

Germany = Spain
                      Portugal = Portugal
                      USA = Iran
                      Ghana = Morocco

Final group standing:

Germany
                      USA
                      Portugal
                      Ghana

We can do it guys. Just because we got a tough group doesn't mean we can't make it. CQ will get his revenge on Portugal for firing him. Like a guy who got dumped by a hot girl, but found a better, loyal girl after. We will beat Morocco, lose to Spain, and eliminate Portugal on the last matchday with a tie.

I already foresee it. Somebody save this post and get back to me in June 2018 when we're in the round of 16!

Not to mention that CQ knows portugals strengths and weaknesses while portugals coach probably knows much less about our playing style
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

From what I've seen from Portugal they struggle against defensive teams. There actually is a chance to get a draw vs them if we avoid mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                          Well, let's be honest, it really wasn't the draw we all hoped for, but there are some positive to take. The most important positive for me, is the order of matches:

- We KNOW, we must win the first match in order to have any chance of qualification. There is no ifs or buts....we win, and we will go into that final game in Saransk vs. Portugal with a chance to qualify.

- Spain and Portugal playing each other first, they can't be complacent. All teams want to make a statement in their first matches. Remember last World Cup? Both those teams were ELIMINATED in the group stage, because they suffered heavy defeat in their first matches and never really recovered. Spain lost 5-1 and Portugal lost 4-0. In that match, We must hope for a repeat, and most likely for Spain to beat Portugal, because the latter are more beatable and more prone to dropping points against weaker sides like us.

- It's been historically proven and accurate that top teams tend to play it a bit loosely in their second group match and if they drop any points, it's in that game. For example, Germany lost to Serbia in 2nd match in 2010, Brazil drew Mexico in 2014, Italy lost to Costa Rica in 2014, we almost drew Argentina ! and that's when we're facing the best team in our group.

- I am happy that we got Morocco instead of Panama. Why?? Panama, sure we'd have a better chance of beating, but they'd get pummeled by Portugal, and we won't have a chance of catching up on GD. Morocco is like an African IRAN. They didn't concede a goal in qualifiers....They can easily get a draw vs. Portugal. So it'll be HUGE if we beat them first match...but they are a very good team, but we know our task.

Keep your heads high, Carlos will have us prepared...and just enjoy the ride.

Recipe for progress:
                          - Have Spain destroy Portugal first match
                          - Beat Morocco
                          - Don't lose to Spain by too many goals
                          - Get a draw vs. Portugal last match and go up
                          Best analysis I've seen yet

#dametgarm

Comment

So Telegraph just posted this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...art-predictor/

Edited: its actually a self simulator
                            EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Iran’s gonna win the World Cup if they get through this group lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X