No announcement yet.

A Realistic Look at Our Chances- How to Approach Group B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Iran and Morocco are known for solid defense. However the game will be very open because both teams want to gain 3 points.

Comment

Ok, I had a Zattar with Veggies and pressed yogurt which has calmed me down a bit.

Obviously, there's no way we aren't going to get 8-0ed by Spain, but I think we might have a tiny chance against Portugal. They're good, but not the strongest Portugal team we've seen, plus Carlos knows the portoguese football style very well, so we have that to our advantage.

Our chances are the lowest compared to the previous world cups, but not impossible.

Comment

We must throw caution to the wind and go all out against Morocco. The ONLY silver lining is this is the fact that we face the weakest team first.

Comment

We play first match in St. Petersburg. 80k capacity stadium against small nation Morocco. Good news for those of us trying to get tickets

Comment

Its the first World Cup we have realistic expectations.

These are actually teams that match up well against us. I was more worried of a France or a Germany or one of the South American teams.

Yes the Morocco game matters alot - we simply have to be 100% ready for that game - mentally, physically, emotionally...
            Can't take it easy and can't let nerves get to us.

Comment

One other thing....I really hope Portugal and Spain don't agree to a Iberian gentlemen agreement to draw the first game and take it easy......that's the last thing we'd want.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                there's no way we aren't going to get 8-0ed by Spain, .
                thats what everyone said before WC14 vs Argentina, didnt happen....
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I know we have a lot of overly-patriots here but it is good to be realistic here. My personal prediction is 3 losses!

Comment

We are the tallest team in our group, spain the shortest at 179.

So we wont have the problem we had when we played sweden or nigeria.
                    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Say we beat Morocco and tie Portugal. If Portugal does the same (Beat Morrocco and tie us) does that not mean Goal differential is also very important? Is that the first tiebreaker?

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                        I know we have a lot of overly-patriots here but it is good to be realistic here. My personal prediction is 3 losses!
                        If we are expecting to lose to Morocco, then we might as well not go to Russia.

Not saying it will be a easy win for us, but if they are the favourites then we shouldn’t even bother with this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                          Did you watch the draw today? Cause if you did, I blame you for our group

Comment

Advancing is very difficult but not impossible.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Guys to be honest.
                              We are a decent team, but nowhere near to advance in Group like this!
                              We had problems against Montenegro, they were able to make big pressure for our defence, same goes for Sweden few years ago. Our biggest problem is, we have no real tough opponents like these in Asia, which means we are not used to stand such a pressure.
                              Secondly we have big GK-Problem, Ronaldo, Isco, Morata, Silva etc. will eat Beiranwand easily especially if they they try it with range shots, which will happen, because we have a solid defence and it won't be easy to go through the lines.
                              I don't see any realistic scenario to survive this lol

Comment

My mind says at best we'll get a draw against Morocco and lose the next two games.
                                My heart says if Costa Rica could top Italy, England and Uruguay four years ago, we at least have a shot at second place.
                                I trust my mind more though.

Comment

Working...
                                X