No announcement yet.

A Realistic Look at Our Chances- How to Approach Group B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow some of you are suggesting that Iran doesn't even have a chance at 3 points against Morocco... Are you guys for real? If we have a mentality that we cant even beat the weakest of the 3 teams in our group why even go to the match? Let's call FIFA and announce our forfeiture right now. It is really unreal the way some of you think.

The group is undoubtedly hard and Iran will need to perform its best to advance but to suggest that TM doesn't even have a shot against Morocco is asinine.

Comment

2nd Prediction for our group:
      Spain 1-0 Portugal
      Iran 0-0 Morocco

Portugal 0-0 Morocco
      Iran 0-0 Spain

Spain 2-0 Morocco
      Iran 0-0 Portugal

Spain 7
      Iran 3
      Portugal 2
      Morocco 2

R-16 Iran 0-0 Russia (win in penalties)

QF Iran 0-0 France (win in penalties)

SF Iran 0-0 Brazil (win in penalties)

Final Iran 0-0 Argentina (win in penalties)

We will be the first team to win the worlcup without scoring a single goal ))))
      Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
      http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
      [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
      Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
        We must ignore the result between Spain and Portugal, since its not in our control and anything from draw or loss/win for either team can happen.
        The best receipt is:

we must beat Morroco, then we must beat Spain, and afterwards we must beat Portugal, then we must beat no 2. from A group, then we must beat the overrated losers who will be in our QF, then we must beat the Semis suckers, and afterwards we must beat the lucky guys in the final, then we will win the world cup. cheers.
        Maaaaast ....is most likely with that scenario amoo..!!

Comment

This is ESPN take on it. Makes me angry...but looking at it from a non TM fan it is accurate:
          http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-worl...n-iran-morocco
          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
            Wow some of you are suggesting that Iran doesn't even have a chance at 3 points against Morocco... Are you guys for real? If we have a mentality that we cant even beat the weakest of the 3 teams in our group why even go to the match? Let's call FIFA and announce our forfeiture right now. It is really unreal the way some of you think.

The group is undoubtedly hard and Iran will need to perform its best to advance but to suggest that TM doesn't even have a shot against Morocco is asinine.
            you get what you put in to it buddy..!! and we can't be dreaming and refuting the simple facts
            1) WE MUST BEAT Morocco to have any legitimate chance of advancement.
            2) They are just as formidable Defense as ours and on paper they their Squad > than TM..!
            3) Their WC Preparations will very likely trump ours, due to the historic and expected gedaBazi of IFF.. !! so no chance of catching up and surpassing them on that front either ..!!

sure Miracles happen and bizarre results are part of the game, but Logic says we are out in groups with maximum 1 point earned again.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
              This is ESPN take on it. Makes me angry...but looking at it from a non TM fan it is accurate:
              http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-worl...n-iran-morocco
              One thing for sure I've noticed is that US-based Sports networks have absolutely no idea about world football. I would take anything from ESPN/Fox Sports or whoever else with a pinch of salt.

Comment

the key is to beat morroco, it is fundemental

Comment

Another interesting note is Argentina and Nigeria being grouped together for the third world cup in a row! They've been drawn in the same group in 5 of the last 7 world cups!

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                    Gabon and Mali? Let’s be honest. If we played friendlies against those two teams, 99% of people on this forum would be like “khak bar saremoon. What are these friendlies against shit teams??”
                    In all honesty, one of the world's best strikers plays for one of them and the other has a very strong unit with players littered in Ligue 1. For Morocco to have an 11/0 GF/GA ratio against Mali, Gabon and Ivory Coast is pretty impressive.

I am more worried about Morocco than Spain and Portugal.

Comment

we have to play egypt a friendly, they are good, we have to face them

Comment

This is the best possible group for TM players...
                        This is their chance to prove their worth in front of a national audience. Scouts pay attention more to the big games than if we played sissy teams.

If Sardar, JB, Ghoddos shine against Portugal/Spain, then expect big offers from them after the WC.
                        Luckily Ezza will only miss the Morocco game which is a game we need to attack

Comment

games are in russia, it should be an advantage to us.

Comment

In round of 16th we would be facing either Russia or Uruguay and I think we have a good shot against both of those teams. My only concern is facing France in Quartefinals

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              I screamed so loud in my apartment hamseye fekr kardan yeki mord!

But then when I actually broke this down the way some here have, I realized it is not as impossible as we all initially thought. Playing Morocco first is huge for us bc that’s a game on a good day we can win. It will be really tough because they will be looking at this game the exact same way we are but we have prepared well enough so far to take on an opponent of their level.

CQ will put us in the best position to snatch points from Portugal I know it.

And the best thing is, when game 3 comes vs Spain, we won’t be in the same situation we were in during the 2014 WC bc CQ will be able to look at his bench close his eyes and pick 11 players who will be ready.

It’s a big, big uphill battle there is no doubt about it but it’s not nearly as bad as we all initially thought. Nobody expected Costa Rica to even get 1 point in 2014 and they shocked the world.

Quality friendlies are needed now more than ever!!! And speaking of quality....our QUALITY players AKA Masoud Shojaei are now needed more than ever as well.
                              Actually, the game 3 is against Portugal.

Comment

I just sometimes think their is a force at work here that says, " Ok Iran, you have a great coach, you were unbeaten in 18 qualifying games, I will give you the challenge of your life Spain -Past WC winners and Portugal-Current Euro winners and let me thrown in an UNBEATEN African team! , now go and try to shine!" .....

Comment

Working...
                                X