A Realistic Look at Our Chances- How to Approach Group B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Honestly - Portugal is an average at best UEFA side wouldn't they had Ronaldo carrying them. I see them declining rapidly when Ronaldo retires! No disrespect to Portuguese people as they are in my opinion one of the kindest and warmest folks of EU.
    portugal without ronaldo is average.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
      Portugal is nowhere near the level of
      Spain and in my opinion only slightly better than Morocco !

And honestly, much weaker than the finalist Argentina side we played in 2014.

Spain is the only team that I say we have an extremely slim chance, portugal is by no means out of our reach.

Especially since we have CQ who knows each and every Portuguese player and knows all of their weaknesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Even against Portugal we only have a slim chance. They haven't lost (and almost not won lol) a game in the Euro 2016 and won nearly all their games in the qualifiers. They're much better than two years ago with the crap like Gomes and Sanches out of the team. I think they may surprise everyone again like two years ago. It's going to be really difficult for Spain against them in the first match and I really see them 50-50 for top spot in the group. Come on guys I thought this was supposed to be a realistic topic...

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
        Portugal is nowhere near the level of
        Spain and in my opinion only slightly better than Morocco !

And honestly, much weaker than the finalist Argentina side we played in 2014.

Spain is the only team that I say we have an extremely slim chance, portugal is by no means out of our reach.

Especially since we have CQ who knows each and every Portuguese player and knows all of their weaknesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Reminds me of a coach who knew korea like the back of his hand before we played them a few moons ago šŸ˜

Comment

Spain's missing XI:

Asenjo
          Bellerin,Bartra,Martinez,Alonso
          Herrera, Roberto,Fabregas
          Vitolo Morata Mata

I haven't even included Pedro & Parejo... their squad depth is incredible.
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Portugal are the most inconsistent team I've ever seen. On one day they can beat teams like Croatia and France and on another day they struggle against the likes of Austria and Hungary.
            If we beat Morocco I see them struggle against us.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
              Iran has been playing better football the stronger the team the play against. i think we wil give them a great fight.
              Or like my grandfather said : "We are strong because, in front of us our opponents start to play as bad as us."

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                Spain 2018> Argentina 2014

And not only because they have really good players in each position but because they are a better TEAM than Argentina.

Iran 2018> Iran 2014

lets not make Unbeatable Giants out of our opponents like many did the last WC.

Comment

Portugal is the European champion with the player of the world right now.. cristinano Ronaldo has the ability to change any game towards his teams direction.. in Iranian league most of our players have ever seen a player like Ronaldo... due to international sanctions our preparations have been really weak. We are the under dogs vs Portugal
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                    Iran 2018> Iran 2014

lets not make Unbeatable Giants out of our opponents like many did the last WC.

I didnā€™t say they are unbeatable nobody in football is unbeatable. I just stated a fact that this Spain team that we are going to face is stronger than Argentina.
                    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                      I didnā€™t say they are unbeatable nobody in football is unbeatable. I just stated a fact that this Spain team that we are going to face is stronger than Argentina.
                      True, but since we are also stronger than 4 years ago it should even things out. Meaning, if we managed to nearly shut down Argentina, we can do so again against Spain.

Comment

Guys the way I see it we need at least one tie and one win to get out of our group. So we have to beat either Morocco or Portugal and tie the other. On paper Morocco is on the same level as us in my opinion, and Portugal might be a little better than us on paper. But before I get too hopeful I want to see how we do against Turkey/Greece and who ends up locking down our CB and CDM spots. If we are able to fill those spots soundly and do well in our upcoming friendlies, then I will be hopeful going into our game against Morocco.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                          Guys the way I see it we need at least one tie and one win to get out of our group. So we have to beat either Morocco or Portugal and tie the other. On paper Morocco is on the same level as us in my opinion, and Portugal might be a little better than us on paper. But before I get too hopeful I want to see how we do against Turkey/Greece and who ends up locking down our CB and CDM spots. If we are able to fill those spots soundly and do well in our upcoming friendlies, then I will be hopeful going into our game against Morocco.
                          Portugal "a litte better"? You think we would've won the UEFA Euro?
                          Sure they're not Spain, but still they have dangerous players like AndrĆ© Silva, JoĆ£o Moutinho, RaphaĆ«l Guerreiro etc. there should be no doubt about it, that they're way better than Morocco and Iran, but our chance will be to fight passionately and CQ knows them very well, but normaly they'll beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
                            Portugal "a litte better"? You think we would've won the UEFA Euro?
                            Sure they're not Spain, but still they have dangerous players like AndrĆ© Silva, JoĆ£o Moutinho, RaphaĆ«l Guerreiro etc. there should be no doubt about it, that they're way better than Morocco and Iran, but our chance will be to fight passionately and CQ knows them very well, but normaly they'll beat us.
                            'Might be a little better' made me laugh.. lol

Comment

#nofear #allforteammelli

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                                portugal without ronaldo is average.
                                Tbh they won the european championship final without Ronaldo playing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                                CITY

Comment

Working...
                                X