No announcement yet.

A Realistic Look at Our Chances- How to Approach Group B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morocco has only one player born and raised and playing in home country out of all their midfielders and strikers. all others are raised in europe.

Comment

How to win vs Morroco:
      Let them attack, let them exhaust themselves. African Teams do a lot of unecessary running and dribbling. Let them fall into that trap of thinking they will win this in the first 15 mins of the game. Try counter attacks in first half. Attack from 70 mins onwards when they have ran out of steem.

How to win vs Spain:
      Defend with 10 men. Try to score from counters and corners. Have some luck.

How to win vs Portugal:
      Jurgen Klopp Gegenpressing from the first Minute. Portuguese players hate being pressured. Watch their games vs Germany, see how the Germans pressure them and force them to do errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
        How to win vs Morroco:
        Let them attack, let them exhaust themselves. African Teams do a lot of unecessary running and dribbling. Let them fall into that trap of thinking they will win this in the first 15 mins of the game. Try counter attacks in first half. Attack from 70 mins onwards when they have ran out of steem.

How to win vs Spain:

How to win vs Portugal:
        Jurgen Klopp Gegenpressing from the first Minute. Portuguese players hate being pressured. Watch their games vs Germany, see how the Germans pressure them and force them to do errors.
        yes i must agree you have a valid point here

Comment

How to win vs Morroco:
          How to win vs Spain:
          How to win vs Portugal:
          Problems:
          Morocco:
          Irans Team Melli doesn't like it to be under pressure and then take the control of the game. When we are under pressure we will not be able to take controll in that half. Especially when we play defensive and deep and the Moroccans attack.
          The other thing is, that the north African Teams plaz an other style than the rets of Africa. Just watch the games of Algeria WC14.

Spain:
          Luck 100%

Portugal:
          Dont you think the squad for 2018 changed so much that uts not possible to compare them to their squad of 2014?
          They have a lot of new and perhaps better midfielders compared to the last worldcup.
          Mario for example. He is a beast.
          sigpic

Comment

Take a look at Spain's final 23 .. it is going to be very tough to play against the best of best. I hope our boys can learn a lot from the experience.

Full squad

Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United), Pepe Reina (Napoli), Kepa (Athletic Bilbao)

Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Nacho (all Real Madrid), Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique (both Barcelona), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Odriozola (Real Sociedad)

Midfield: Sergio Busquets, Andres Iniesta (both Barcelona) Saúl, Koke (both Atletico), Thiago (Bayern) David Silva (Manchester City),
            Isco, Marco Asensio, Lucas Vázquez (all Real Madrid)

Forward: Iago Aspas (Celta), Rodrigo (Valencia), Diego Costa (Atletico)

Comment

To win against Morocco is to be aggressive and playing an attacking football. Defending is the worse strategy for that game. If we defend we will conceed at least 3 goals. I have watched many of their games. Any team that tries to defend against them gets pounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                To win against Morocco is to be aggressive and playing an attacking football. Defending is the worse strategy for that game. If we defend we will conceed at least 3 goals. I have watched many of their games. Any team that tries to defend against them gets pounded.
                I agree Kavian. I think that we will have a strategic press. Not the bullshit press we have been trying in these friendlies where we look disjointed and the they can pass right through a mid field. I think CQ is working on an insync press in addition to keeping Ziyech off the ball. We have strong offensive players and will take advantage of this.

Comment

this spain roster is something other compared to argentina 2014. please guys, do not compare this countries and their football. we will defend all the way, run a lot. this spain is stronger as argentina 2014..
                  World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                  sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                  If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                  -

Comment

I agree with the assessment that we can emulate USA in 2014. I think their 2014 team was worse than our current team, and they qualified among Ghana (pretty strong at that time similar to Morocco now), Portugal, and Germany who won the whole cup.

This group could go similarly, don't know why everyone is already predicting disappointment. We need to be positive, this team can do great things! Until we lose to Morocco and Spain, I won't believe we are out. Even with a tie and loss in first 2 games, I think we can have a chance going into the final match to qualify for Rof16.

Be positive people, this team is very talented, and underrated. I think those dummies from CBS and NBC sports who don't watch TM and think we are on Panama's level have gotten to some of you.

Iran has always been a team that plays to its opponent's strengths, and in my mind, has not had an embarrassing loss since like 1954. We won't lose heavily to anyone. We play with gheyrat, and all games will be close. Be proud of the progress our TM has made! Don't believe the bs from reporters who only watch EPL and think England will win the cup!

Comment

Iran Fierce Rival for Spain in 2018 FIFA World Cup: Lopetegui

http://ifpnews.com/exclusive/iran-fi...cup-lopetegui/

Lopetegui says he and his assistants have gained a good knowledge of the Iranian national team and its head coach.

Speaking to IRNA’s correspondent in Madrid, Lopetegui s`aid Iran’s head coach Carlos Queiroz has been working with Team Melli for many years, and during these years, Queiroz has launched an interesting plan for the country’s football which has led to significant growth of the team in technical areas.

He went on to say that the Iranian national football team has a great sense of belonging which prompts its players to work within a regular plan. “This has led to a competing sense among them and this will put us in trouble during our competition.”

Head coach of Spain went on to say that Iran also has the experience of attending world cups in the past and performed well during those competitions. “Iran has made great progress in football over the past years and will emerge as a fierce rival for Spain.”

Iran’s national football team is in Istanbul to hold a training camp in the country. The team will face Turkey football team on May 29 in a friendly match as part of its preparation for the 2018 World Cup.

The Team Melli has been drawn in Group B of the 2018 World Cup along with Morocco, Spain and Portugal.

It will open the campaign with a match against Morocco at Saint Petersburg on June 15. Team Melli will later face Spain in Kazan on 20 June before meeting Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal in Saransk five days later.

The matches of the 2018 World Cup will be held between June 14 and July 15 at 12 stadiums.

Comment

How to win vs Morroco:
                        How to win vs Spain:
                        How to win vs Portugal:
                        for me beating morroco, is all about controlling thier 3 key players, i am sure we can attack , if we can score first i will be more confident, and also hit them fast on counter attacks.
                        spain:
                        we need to fight 100 mins, play simmilar to the argentina game, but the good thing is CQ know spanish football very well, i am sure he will be fully ready.
                        portugal
                        for me control ronaldo, and they are done. the rest of them are good, but the key is ronaldo. control him and we have a good chance

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                          exactly just look at the line of attackers they have , ziyech, amrabat, boussoufa and belhanda , I have high expectations for that game still because I know Team Melli can beat them

Comment

Can’t wait to see the two mehdis go at it looooool

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              for me beating morroco, is all about controlling thier 3 key players, i am sure we can attack , if we can score first i will be more confident, and also hit them fast on counter attacks.
                              spain:
                              we need to fight 100 mins, play simmilar to the argentina game, but the good thing is CQ know spanish football very well, i am sure he will be fully ready.
                              portugal
                              for me control ronaldo, and they are done. the rest of them are good, but the key is ronaldo. control him and we have a good chance
                              First off, if controlling Ronaldo was easy, he wouldn't be who he is. Second, the way to keep CR relatively in check is to cut off his service. He's evolved from a winger/CAM to target man. We need to cut off the balls to him and suffocate their mids (literally if necessary). That being said, he's the type of player that pull a tokhmi goal out of his ass, and god knows the refs are going to cater to him.

Comment

I watched the game Iran vs Algeria and the way Iran scored the two goals. I am sure it was practiced before. CQ should teach TM how to score against these teams. It is not just defend and play contra algoritme. The second goal in Iran Algeria game looked exactly like the goal Serbia scored against Morocco. CQ teaches our players to force the opponent to play areal football against us then he has lots of tall defenders in front of the goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X