Vahid Amiri
    Ali Karimi

Karim Ansarifard
    Kaveh Rezaei
    Sardar Azmoun
    Mehdi Taremi

Missing from my list:

Reza Ghoochannejhad because of his current form

Alireza Haghighi because I think we should give that spot to a younger and solid PGL keeper like Akhbari. Who by the way progressed a lot under coach Gaspar (God bless that man).

Saeid Aghaei because if Milad is good to go and knowing that Hajsafi can compromise in desperate times, I thought it’s better to give another an opportunity.

Daryoush Shojaeian was hard for me to leave out because it’s a great opportunities for him to showcase his talent while helping us at the same time. I picked Masoud Shojaei over him for Masoud’s experience which will come in handy.

Sasan Ansari because I haven’t seen much from him lately. The other reason is the same as Shojaeian. I chose a veteran.

Mohammad Ansari was also another difficult one for me. This is why doing this is just for fun. Because we’re not the head coach and we don’t analyze them in training, know their personality, their confidence, and etc. All I know is that Pouraliganji has shown his good form in the recent friendlies and at Al Sadd. If I have to cut a CB it might be Cheshmi, but again, we only judge from what we see. There are a lot of things we don’t know and miss because we are not coaching these players 5 days a week.

And a few others like Pourghaz, Noorafkan, and Imani for the same reason.

Comment

I wish all the boys very good luck but Hajsafi is not TM material, he dosen't become a big player we expected just a mediocre player, don't think he will get any playing time in WC so better to take a younger talent...
      sigpic

Comment

CQ told Ferdousipour tonight on the 90 show that domestic Iranian players are only fit to play for 60-65 minutes hence he wants to have the players for extra training 1-2 days after their league matches every week.

That made me think what about Seyed Jalal?? I mean this guy is rock solid but he is already 36 years old. I can hardly imagine he can be fit for a high intensity match against any of our opponents in our group matches. Are there still young CD´s that CQ might try out? What about Khanzadeh? Or that young defender M. Hosseini in Esteghlal??
        sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
        >-----------------<
        Marg bar dictator
        >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
          H

Attacker: Taremi, Azmoun, K. Rezaei, Ansarifard, Gucci.
          I can guarantee you that CQ won't take 4, let alone 5 strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            I can guarantee you that CQ won't take 4, let alone 5 strikers.
            I beg to differ. The reason he took only to forwards with him in 2014 was the fact that we had no quality forwards at all!! We only pretty much had Gucci 4 years ago. And then there was Ansarifard but he didn't have half the experience and quality back then as he has today.
            Right now we have 5 and some of them can be used as wingers as well like Taremi or Ansarifard in a 4-3-3 formation.
            sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
            >-----------------<
            Marg bar dictator
            >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
              Alireza Beiranvand
              Rashid Mazaheri
              Mohammadreza Akhbari
              Jalal Hosseini
              Pejman Montazeri
              Roozbeh Cheshmi
              Morteza Pouraliganji
              Vouria Ghafouri
              Ramin Rezaeian
              Milad Mohammadi
              Ehsan Hajsafi
              Saman Ghoddos
              Alireza Jahanbakhsh
              Masoud Shojaei
              Saeid Ezatolahi
              Omid Ebrahimi
              Ashkan Dejagah
              Vahid Amiri
              Ali Karimi
              Karim Ansarifard
              Kaveh Rezaei
              Sardar Azmoun
              Mehdi Taremi
              Missing from my list:
              Reza Ghoochannejhad because of his current form
              Alireza Haghighi because I think we should give that spot to a younger and solid PGL keeper like Akhbari. Who by the way progressed a lot under coach Gaspar (God bless that man).
              Saeid Aghaei because if Milad is good to go and knowing that Hajsafi can compromise in desperate times, I thought it’s better to give another an opportunity.
              Daryoush Shojaeian was hard for me to leave out because it’s a great opportunities for him to showcase his talent while helping us at the same time. I picked Masoud Shojaei over him for Masoud’s experience which will come in handy.
              Sasan Ansari because I haven’t seen much from him lately. The other reason is the same as Shojaeian. I chose a veteran.
              Mohammad Ansari was also another difficult one for me. This is why doing this is just for fun. Because we’re not the head coach and we don’t analyze them in training, know their personality, their confidence, and etc. All I know is that Pouraliganji has shown his good form in the recent friendlies and at Al Sadd. If I have to cut a CB it might be Cheshmi, but again, we only judge from what we see. There are a lot of things we don’t know and miss because we are not coaching these players 5 days a week.
              And a few others like Pourghaz, Noorafkan, and Imani for the same reason.
              CQ's list wont differ much from yours. Very good calculated list.

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
                I beg to differ. The reason he took only to forwards with him in 2014 was the fact that we had no quality forwards at all!! We only pretty much had Gucci 4 years ago. And then there was Ansarifard but he didn't have half the experience and quality back then as he has today.
                Right now we have 5 and some of them can be used as wingers as well like Taremi or Ansarifard in a 4-3-3 formation.
                We had a very exciting Azmoun who we were all surprised that CQ didn't invite. And of course in attacking mid Khalatbari was a surprise omission.

But it kinda made sense when we saw how TM set up shop with a combo of box-swarming and gegenpress. If our players just had the fitness left for Bosnia then who knows.

I for one do hope that he takes at least four forwards and he may do, but I doubt we'll see 5. Either 1 or 2 out of Gucci, Kaveh and Ansarifard won't make it. Especially if he takes Amiri and Torabi as wing-forwards. For tournaments with smaller teams whether Iran or for South Africa he only took 3 forwards each time,.

Comment

Beiranvand, Haghighi, Mazaheri

Ghafouri, Rezaeian, Montazeri, Hosseini, Pouraliganji, Cheshmi, Mohammadi

Ezatollahi, Hajsafi, Ebrahimi, Karimi

Jahanbakhsh, Dejagah, Shojaei, Ghoddos, Amiri, Taremi

Azmoun, Gucci, Ansarifard

Comment

Haghigi, Beiranvand, Mazaheri

Rezaeian, Ghafouri, Montazeri, Hosseini, Pouraliganji, Mohammadi

Ezatolahi, Karimi, Hajsafi, Cheshmi

Jahanbakhsh, Dejagah, Ghoddos, Amiri, Taremi, Torabi

Azmoun, Gucci, Ansarifard, Rezaei

Comment

Unlike most lists in this thread, we will most likely bring 2 natural LBs to Russia so either one of Mohammad Ansari or Aghaei will make it I would think

Comment

Originally posted by STYX View Post
                        I wish all the boys very good luck but Hajsafi is not TM material, he dosen't become a big player we expected just a mediocre player, don't think he will get any playing time in WC so better to take a younger talent...

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
                          Lol. Agree that hajsafi is an average player but he is a real workhorse and covers a fuck ton of ground, can support attack will with crossing and shooting, and has more experience and is frankly a better option than anybody else to partner Saeid. Plus he has been ultra solid in europe and is attracting concrete interest from league leaders PAOK. He will start every game in WC lol. The reality is that we dont have any better CM's coming through. One could argue for Noorafkan as a young emerging central midfielder but he starts on and off for SS, and was poor for U20's at WC. If we consider taking him we might as well consider Shekari who far and away their best player lol. I really hope we find some new central midfielders in the years after WC.

Comment

GK: Beiranvand, Mazaheri, Akhbari

DF: Hosseini, (Montazeri/Cheshmi), Pouraliganji, Rezaeian, Ghafouri, M.Mohammadi, (M.Ansari/S.Aghaei)

MF: Hajsafi, Dejagah, Jahanbakhsh, Ezatolahi, Karimi, Ebrahimi, Amiri, Ghoddos

FW: Azmoun, Gucci, Taremi, Rezaei, Ansarifard

Alot can happen until june but for now this is what I would go wit.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              Lol. Agree that hajsafi is an average player but he is a real workhorse and covers a fuck ton of ground, can support attack will with crossing and shooting, and has more experience and is frankly a better option than anybody else to partner Saeid. Plus he has been ultra solid in europe and is attracting concrete interest from league leaders PAOK. He will start every game in WC lol. The reality is that we dont have any better CM's coming through. One could argue for Noorafkan as a young emerging central midfielder but he starts on and off for SS, and was poor for U20's at WC. If we consider taking him we might as well consider Shekari who far and away their best player lol. I really hope we find some new central midfielders in the years after WC.
                              Hajsafi plays an influential role for TM. He may make some mistakes playing at left back but just like you said he is a work horse in midfield and covers alot more ground then most of our players plus he can shoot cross and dribble past players. A younger player taking his place? Hajsafi is 27. That would make no sense what so ever.

Comment

Do you guys really think that Shojaie will make the final WC squad even if he haven’t
                                Had the issue with IFF ??
                                and is he truly good enough at 34 to be there ????

I doubt it very much

Comment

Working...
                                X