This is the best draw Iran could ever hope for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 If we don't make it to next round we will lose lots of money
    2-Spain is at the level of Pot 1 but is wrongly placed at Pot2. So we are in group with two Pot 1 teams. Many experts predict that Spain would win Portogal at first day.
    3-CQ should make a plan to win Portogal. I don't think his smile means he is happy.
    As compared to KSA and Japan I feel cheated but we manage to go to next round we will gain lots of confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
      strongly disagree. A draw (not even a win) versus Spain or Portugal will be remembered especially if it stops either of them qualifying to the next round
      Yup, exactly. I appreciate your optimism, but you’re logical and realistic at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
        ^ the problem with your argument is that in the world cup, there are no easy groups for a team like Iran.
        we will have very little chance of qualifying no matter which group we are placed in.
        So in the end, I'd rather be in the group of death so that in case of a miracle we manage to cause an upset (or even better, qualify), our name will go down in history.

the Iran-Argentina game is still famous to this day among football fans even though we lost. However our draw versus Nigeria and Angola are some of the most forgettable matches in the world cup.

1- Not necessarily. I would change places with Saudis or even japanese in a heart beat. wouldnt you think we'd stand a better chance of advancing had we been in group A?

( This is just arguing for arguing sake here. nothing serious:
        if you think we are strong/capable enough to cause an upset, then by the same token we shd be strong/capable enough to advance from an EASY group also, right? But in the same para you say "if we're in an easy group, we still play 3 and go home"!!
        so are we strong or are we not?)

2- No. I dont think there are many OUTSIDE IRANIANS, who even remember the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
          How many remember what NZ did in 2010 WC? Three draws against all odds. One of the teams in the group was Italy. Do you remember the rest without googling it? I would think not. Even if some do most wouldnt.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X