No announcement yet.

Saudi club Al Hilal refuses to observe a pre-game moment of silence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a shame all the Arab countries can't join Africa...
    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Typical of Ayrabs
      Like school in summer
      No class..!

Comment

Come on guys. Skip the racist comments. It's an ugly act by the players in this case but to blame the whole Arab world for it is just childish.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
        And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

After doing the same thing against Australia they and their Dutch coach had a lame excuse of them not knowing anything about this and it wasn't deliberate. What kinda lame excuse they gonna use now?

Comment

Edited by Haf3z.
            Last edited by Haf3z; 02-23-2018, 01:53 AM. Reason: Very inappropriate.

Comment

i actually think its cause they dont believe in the 1 minute silence , maybe for them its haram in islam ???
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unique football View Post
                i actually think its cause they dont believe in the 1 minute silence , maybe for them its haram in islam ???
                Then explain this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/timesofom...3579012853760?

Comment

I have repeatedly heard that Saudis cannot do it due to their "culture" and religion, but being honest, they have other signs of respect for the dead that they 100% can do, but choose not to.

Saudis are 100% capable of putting their hands in the air, palm up and saying prayer for the dead. They aren't all just standing around at funerals. They have plenty of ways to respect the dead. They could just as easily stand across from the Iranian players or Australian players, quickly put their arms to the sky and pray to Allah for safe passage of the dead. This would not be a "moment of silence", and would be in line with their culture while respecting the dead.

The problem is they don't respect the dead when they are Iranian. The reason they didn't line up against Australia was because that moment of silence was for Iranians as well in a different tragedy, along the London terror attack.

I don't agree with that narrative that Saudis don't know or they are incapable of respecting the dead. They can, they just choose to be disrespectful to Iranian dead over politics.

If only they had some players with balls to push back against politics like Shojaei and Hajsafi. These guys don't get enough credit for defying IR politics. Al Hilal and their foreign players have NO BALLS. They didn't do it because they want to stay in good graces with the House of Saud. That and the Saudi players likely hate Iranians, and are happy with the tragedies.

Comment

Iran and other non-Saudi Arabs who have history and culture,are also mostly muslims.

The only explanation, is lack of culture and respect for other human beings.

I bet even Neanderthals would have behaved more civilized, if they were in the 8-0ers place.

Comment

yes in the salafi ideology of the suni gulf states specially saudi its haram.
                      PERSIA FOR EVER

Comment

Originally posted by sheerkhan View Post
                        Nah, not really. They have held a minutes silence before.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-silence.html

When they were "friends" with the Qataris, they even called for a minutes silence for their deceased king:

https://www.gettyimages.dk/detail/ne...re-id462013676

The explanation is very simple. They are rude and don't care. The sad thing about it all (for the Saudis) is that we don't expect anything more from them.

Comment

Let me fix that for you:

"yes in the salafi ideology of the suni PERSIAN gulf states specially saudi its haram."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                            Stuff like this makes me hate humanity more and more.
                            what have these morons to do with humanity?
                            pls dont insult humans by relating them to these species.
                            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

where is this? Gulf of Mexico?

Oh.., you mean PERSIAN Gulf...
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Lets have a moment of silence for Al Hilal's coaching staff who are no longer with us after the ass beating esteghlal gave them

Comment

Working...
                                X