Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch the interview with Torabi and Niazmand below just published on Varzesh3 a short while ago. Both so mature, so professional with wisdom beyond their young ages. I am especially happy for Niazmand since it is his first time making the final TM list in a big tournament. he has the personality, the physique and the athletic prowess to be a future leader and solid keeper fo years to come!

Go TM!

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/182...85%D9%84%DB%8C

Comment

Originally posted by Navidi94 View Post
      Very sad ezza and gholi are missinfg but i trust carlos enough that he will bring the best possible result home. is ARJ already practicing with the team after his injury? I wonder if he will start. I am very curious what the line up will be now but i feel like its gonna be something like this. also i dont thunk gafouri wll play RW. he never really did when CQ was coach.

beiro
      ramin morteza majid moharrami
      omid
      ghoddos amiri
      ARJ Azmoun Taremi.

do you agree?
      I think you meant Mohammadi on the left defensive side. Moharrami plays on the right side and he didn't make it due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        I think you meant Mohammadi on the left defensive side. Moharrami plays on the right side and he didn't make it due to injury.
        sorry of course mohammadi. stupid typo haha

Comment

Are you guys sure Gholizadeh was cut from the team ?

CQ in his interview with Fars news is saying that they are keeping him with the team
          And will monitor his condition in the next 12 days ?

Is TM allowed to have one extra player as the #24 in case of a last min injury to a player?

Or could this be a mistake ?

Comment

the squad has been announced, why no thread on this yet???? yeki bere tu kar

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
              Are you guys sure Gholizadeh was cut from the team ?
              CQ in his interview with Fars news is saying that they are keeping him with the team
              And will monitor his condition in the next 12 days ?
              Is TM allowed to have one extra player as the #24 in case of a last min injury to a player?
              Or could this be a mistake ?
              Sarbaz jaan it's official. See the new thread with the link to the IFF site. Gholizadeh was the last one cut due to ankle injury.

Comment

Gholi has apparently been left on standby...

Anyways, with regards to the final list, I am not that impressed. Its not CQss fault, the injuries happened to 3-4 players that I consider starters: Ezatolahi, Gholizadeh, and Moharrami. Kaveh was a potential starter and surely off the bench guy. But injuries happen, its football. We know the reasons why which CQ even himself confirmed (players moving to way higher quality and intensity leagues).

Personally, Im still really disappointed with the inclusions of Karim and Cheshmi. Shojaei is another lame ass choice but after hearing all the interviews its pretty clear he cant be dropped as he is the leader of the team, but personally I dont think he should ever set foot on the pitch again for TM, and this is despite the fact that I still think he can produce a moment of magic and unlock a defence or something. He is just too old and washed up and the new generation deserves a chance after a decade of mediocrity-poor perforamcnes from shojaei for TM. ghoddos should be indispensable for this team, if he needs to be subbed, then it should be dejagah.

Karim and Cheshmi on the other hand arent leaders and are just bad players. I mean to say cheshmi is in the best 23 of your country is farcical. I would say that basically any other player would be a better choice than this guy. any. he has been shit in every game for TM,(except for the most crucial one vs morocco, LOL).

As for Karim he is a hardworking player but just not a good one. He is not technical, doesnt link up well, and can only be considered a PK box player at his best. And he is woefully out of form and has played maybe a combined 10 mins this year for nottingham? How on earth does that warrant a call up? like a crime against humanity to leave out alipour for that guy. Even allahyar would be a more worthy pic than ansarifard. And this is coming from a guy that really likes karim ansarifard as a person, he is fighter and a true example for our younger players of how to keep your head down and work hard in all situations.

Last points. I dont think Ghafouri is being included as RW either, he never played there for TM. Ever. Happy for Niazmand, he deserves it big time over hosseini. and nourollahi also a welcome inclusion as CM backup.

In general, I dont think this squad really has enough individual quality to win asian cup. The only way is if the supposed starts FINALLY step up AKA ARJ, Ghoddos, Azmoun who have underperformed for a while. And Taremi as well needs to produce if we are to have a chance, but again I doubt he will. He is the worst finisher I have seen in a long time. Expect torabi to be the breakout star. Hope I am proven wrong tho.

Comment

Honestly, we could have used Reza Gucci.

His friggin' wife told him to retire because he wasn't used this summer at the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    Gholi has apparently been left on standby...
                    Anyways, with regards to the final list, I am not that impressed. Its not CQss fault, the injuries happened to 3-4 players that I consider starters: Ezatolahi, Gholizadeh, and Moharrami. Kaveh was a potential starter and surely off the bench guy. But injuries happen, its football. We know the reasons why which CQ even himself confirmed (players moving to way higher quality and intensity leagues).
                    Personally, Im still really disappointed with the inclusions of Karim and Cheshmi. Shojaei is another lame ass choice but after hearing all the interviews its pretty clear he cant be dropped as he is the leader of the team, but personally I dont think he should ever set foot on the pitch again for TM, and this is despite the fact that I still think he can produce a moment of magic and unlock a defence or something. He is just too old and washed up and the new generation deserves a chance after a decade of mediocrity-poor perforamcnes from shojaei for TM. ghoddos should be indispensable for this team, if he needs to be subbed, then it should be dejagah.
                    Karim and Cheshmi on the other hand arent leaders and are just bad players. I mean to say cheshmi is in the best 23 of your country is farcical. I would say that basically any other player would be a better choice than this guy. any. he has been shit in every game for TM,(except for the most crucial one vs morocco, LOL).
                    As for Karim he is a hardworking player but just not a good one. He is not technical, doesnt link up well, and can only be considered a PK box player at his best. And he is woefully out of form and has played maybe a combined 10 mins this year for nottingham? How on earth does that warrant a call up? like a crime against humanity to leave out alipour for that guy. Even allahyar would be a more worthy pic than ansarifard. And this is coming from a guy that really likes karim ansarifard as a person, he is fighter and a true example for our younger players of how to keep your head down and work hard in all situations.
                    Last points. I dont think Ghafouri is being included as RW either, he never played there for TM. Ever. Happy for Niazmand, he deserves it big time over hosseini. and nourollahi also a welcome inclusion as CM backup.
                    In general, I dont think this squad really has enough individual quality to win asian cup. The only way is if the supposed starts FINALLY step up AKA ARJ, Ghoddos, Azmoun who have underperformed for a while. And Taremi as well needs to produce if we are to have a chance, but again I doubt he will. He is the worst finisher I have seen in a long time. Expect torabi to be the breakout star. Hope I am proven wrong tho.
                    With players getting injured left and right, I feel that this window for Asian Cup championship has closed.

Apparently, Azmoun is latest to get a knock during training.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      With players getting injured left and right, I feel that this window for Asian Cup championship has closed.
                      You guys gotta relax with those pessimistic views.

Those injuries are a little set back but we still have quality enough to make it to semis or the final. I'm sure CQ knows what to do. We performed very well in the WC so I think with the Asia cup beeing a much weaker level we should be fine. It's not that te other favorites are absolutely killing it. I think we have a good chance.
                      Trust in CQ and our boys. This time it's our turn. dudurudu Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

That is why i still don't get and pissed at Montazeri's selection, that extra spot could have gone to Alipour, who is in a pretty good shape. The gap between Azmoun and Ansarifard as target forward is HUGE, and Taremi is Taremi, you can't really count on him to score in games when we don't have as many as chances,

Comment

Latest video of today's training session:

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/182...%8C-(05-10-97)

Comment

Carlos shows some class, honestly with tons of shit Karimi said about him, i wouldn't include his name if i was in his place but one more time he showed the success of TM stands higher than anything for him. He asked Daei, Kia, and Karimi to join TM in UAE during the competition. Damesh Garm!
                            از علی کریمی، علی دایی و مهدوی کیا برای حضور در کنار تیم ملی دعوت می*کنم
                            ببینید ما به خوبی می*دانیم و توقعی نداریم که تصمیماتی کمک کننده به سمت ما بیاید و برای ما گرفته شود. هم*چنین اتفاقی برای ما به خصوص از سمت داوران اتفاق نخواهد افتاد و فقط به دنبال این هستیم تا منصفانه برخورد کنند. مهم*تر این است که می*دانیم خودمان باید بر روی کار و هدفمان تمرکز کنیم و به این واسطه به موفقیت خواهیم رسید. حالا زمانی است که ما باید به فکر خودمان باشیم و هیچ بهانه و توضیحی قبول نیست و قدم رو به عقب نخواهیم گذاشت. البته توقع ما این است که متحد باشیم و در همه حال فدراسیون کنار ما باشد. باید با تمام سلاحی که داریم در امارات حضور پیدا کنیم. ما احتیاج داریم که بزرگترین بازیکنان تاریخ ایران در امارات کنار ایران باشند. علی دایی، مهدی مهدوی کیا و علی کریمی باید کنار ما حضور داشته باشند. ای اف سی باید ببینید که این بزرگان کنار تیم ملی هستند. نایب رییس ای اف سی باید به صورت تمام وقت و با تمرکز کامل راجع به همه مسائلی که خارج از زمین است کنار ما باشد. هیچ راهی برای نادیده گرفتن نایب رییسی آقای کفاشیان وجود ندارد.
                            https://www.varzesh3.com/news/157911...B1%DB%8C%D8%AF

Comment

Anyone know is saman is there at the camp yet? He is always the very last person to get to TM camps!
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                Anyone know is saman is there at the camp yet? He is always the very last person to get to TM camps!
                                Yup, already there.

Comment

Working...
                                X