Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing is he would've probably started for Sweden if he chose them.

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
      Seriously doubt it! He would have been a bench warmer just like in TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoust View Post
        During the few minutes that he got to play for Iran in all the three games, he managed to do something positive in the offensive zone, which raises the question of why did he not get more playing time?
        Watch CQ do the same thing he did with Beitashour to Saman. Sometime I wonder about CQs decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
          Watch CQ do the same thing he did with Beitashour to Saman. Sometime I wonder about CQs decisions.
          im sure he will do the same thing he did to an average right back that plays in MLS and is over 30 years old and by no means better than sadegh moharrami or vouria ghafouri, let alone ramin rezaeian, to arguably our most talented player who is about to transfer to a major league that we fought off the interest of Swedish NT to get. CQ was trying to bed him in without disrupting defensive chemistry. In my opinion this was the incorrect and safe decision, but that doesnt mean CQ holds a weird grudge against Saman lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Seriously doubt it! He would have been a bench warmer just like in TM!
            I think Saman and Milad are totally underrated. If they played they could've been the deciding factor of Iran going to the round of 16. Even Gucci should've been used as a substitute i think. He would've buried that chance that Taremi missed in the dying minutes of the Portugal game (the same chance that Saman created). Saman undoubtedly completed our front line. If we weren't gonna advance we might as well put our attacking talent to a little bit of a test. Our players could've actually scored a goal or two and moved to some better leagues in Europe. All CQ planned offensive wise was to put really physical player up front and have them man mark the opponents midfield during defence. We basically waited for the opponent to score and then gave ourselves a chance to actually attack and equalize. It's obvious the opponent will attack and score. Ghoddos isn't the right player for this type of play but if CQ had played just a little more offensively Saman would've fit right in and shined. It was cruel what CQ did to Saman and Milad.
            Anyways... I know this has nothing to do with if Saman would've started for Sweden or not but in the end that's my personal opinion. I think he's way too underrated.

Comment

I think Saman and Milad are totally underrated. If they played they could've been the deciding factor of Iran going to the round of 16. Even Gucci should've been used as a substitute i think. He would've buried that chance that Taremi missed in the dying minutes of the Portugal game (the same chance that Saman created). Saman undoubtedly completed our front line. If we weren't gonna advance we might as well put our attacking talent to a little bit of a test. Our players could've actually scored a goal or two and moved to some better leagues in Europe. All CQ planned offensive wise was to put really physical player up front and have them man mark the opponents midfield during defence. We basically waited for the opponent to score and then gave ourselves a chance to actually attack and equalize. It's obvious the opponent will attack and score. Ghoddos isn't the right player for this type of play but if CQ had played just a little more offensively Saman would've fit right in and shined. It was cruel what CQ did to Saman and Milad.
              Anyways... I know this has nothing to do with if Saman would've started for Sweden or not but in the end that's my personal opinion. I think he's way too underrated.
              Being underrated I totally agree with! but I think he wouldn't have been a starter in Sweden because of that fact. Plus they had more experienced players in his position. He would have been a super sub though.

As for CQ....I remember back in 2014, he said he had to base his strategy and tactics on the players he had at his disposal. At the time, our best players were 2 defensive midfielders in Nekounam and Teymourian. So he chose to play defensively and rightly so. This year, among our best players were also our attacking ones. Not only Ghoddos but also players like Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, Taremi, etc.! but he still chose to go with all defensive tactics. Sure, if he started attacking in the world cup, even against Morocco, we would have probably become KSA, receiving 5 - 8 goals. but he could have at least attacked a bit more and put more emphasis on it. But I guess it's difficult to carry out all your plans when you don't have all your players at your disposal and friendlies get cancelled.

but if you have already decided to go with all defensive tactics, then I think Taremi is to prefer compared to Ghoddos. Specially against physically strong European and African players. I thought Taremi was fantastic while defending and also he was the only one creating danger against Spain! As for Mohammadi, I think he's a beast defensively as well as offensively. I think Haji Safi was used more because of his experience. and he actually turned out to be one of our best players in the field. If Omid Ebrahimi hadn't suddenly turned out to become a beast in his position, I preferred Haji Safi there and Milad Mohammadi as LB.

Having said that, I have to repeat my earlier post that Ghoddos was part of the fault in the situation where Taremi missed his chance in the end of the Portugal game. If he had directly passed the ball to Taremi, he would have put him one on one with the keeper and in a much better position to score. but he chose to dribble and take a shot which lead the ball to luckily reach Taremi but this time in a worse position.

Anyways, I think it's time for CQ to start thinking about other tactics than just parking the bus. Now we have the players for it.

Comment

He's not big enough or physical enough for the Swedish coach. He doesn't like Saman's style of play. Maybe with another coach, not this one.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  im sure he will do the same thing he did to an average right back that plays in MLS and is over 30 years old and by no means better than sadegh moharrami or vouria ghafouri, let alone ramin rezaeian, to arguably our most talented player who is about to transfer to a major league that we fought off the interest of Swedish NT to get. CQ was trying to bed him in without disrupting defensive chemistry. In my opinion this was the incorrect and safe decision, but that doesnt mean CQ holds a weird grudge against Saman lol.
                  Arguably our most talented player? Then why didn't he start and simply warmed our bench during this WC? Saman is an extremely talented player, and should've started.

Based on the tone of your reply, I will assume that I'm going to get another snide reply, and while you might rate Beita as an average MLS player, I give him more credit than that. We were all criticizing Cheshmi (average player from IPL) and look how he performed. Can't really judge Beita since he really didn't get a chance to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    Arguably our most talented player? Then why didn't he start and simply warmed our bench during this WC? Saman is an extremely talented player, and should've started.

Based on the tone of your reply, I will assume that I'm going to get another snide reply, and while you might rate Beita as an average MLS player, I give him more credit than that. We were all criticizing Cheshmi (average player from IPL) and look how he performed. Can't really judge Beita since he really didn't get a chance to prove himself.
                    Your original comment was snide and weird, implying that CQ has some personal vendetta against Saman. I also thought it was the wrong desicion, but I wont accuse CQ of that, he gave the guy minutes, he must have his reasons. I tried to hypothesize those reasons in my above post.

Comment

We need to put this World Cup behind us now and look to the future with the Asian Cup. This gives time for Saman to integrate himself into the team and make it so that CQ has to pick him. I Am interested to see where he moves to, he has shown that he is level headed about his future and will go somewhere not for the money but to play first team football in a strong league.

Comment

Ostersunds are playing Malmo right now. Losing 0-1
                        Saman is on. 70min in

http://dabsport.com/streams/?d=14/07/218&s=17&p=1

Comment

WHAT A FREE KICK BOYS
                          From 30 yards out. Man this guy is GEM!!!!

Now its 1-1 20 mins left.

Comment

goallllll saman

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Samans wonderful goal.

Comment

Imagine if saman was given more minutes in the World Cup and was in charge of our free kicks!
                                Damn it!

Comment

Working...
                                X