Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football Before the Revolution or Football After the Revolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    I have seen highlights on some players back then. The talents from 2006 is the best I have personally seen, but the current crop is the most disciplined and thats thanks to CQ
    Would you say you are familiar with the players? For example can you give us strengths and weaknesses of some of the players back then?
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Comparing different eras is basically pointless. Asian soccer was completely different back then as half the Nations playing now didn't even have teams and the teams now are much much better. Iran was a more modern nation back then compared to the rest of Asia so of coarse they did better in Asia.

For me, Iran's two biggest accomplishments to date are its win over the USA in 1998 and the way we played Argentina in 2014.
      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

3 Asian cup wins vs. 0
        4 Olympic qualifications vs. 0
        4 back to back Asian youth championship vs. 0
        Clubs making profit vs. clubs with huge debt
        Getting all world's big clubs and national teams to Iran for friendlies

When you want to compare periods you should compare the management and achievements. Talents occasionally come by even in the poorest of countries.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
          Comparing different eras is basically pointless. Asian soccer was completely different back then as half the Nations playing now didn't even have teams and the teams now are much much better. Iran was a more modern nation back then compared to the rest of Asia so of coarse they did better in Asia.
          For me, Iran's two biggest accomplishments to date are its win over the USA in 1998 and the way we played Argentina in 2014.
          You are clearly young. Did anything happen in the last couple of weeks that you would like to add to your list?
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

*** edited***

You clearly havent read the forum rules!
            Warned! And Banned!
            Use the next 30 days to get some manners! Young Man!
            Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 03-09-2018, 07:03 AM.
            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Before the revolution our football was developed from zero, and that in a very well planned and sustainable manner. When it had started to bear fruits it was already in the mid 70s. That time was too short to make a decent comparison to other periods.

Still I would put that period over anything that came after, just because of the said sustainable and wholesome approach, compared to the coincidence-based approach from after the revolution even to this day.

I advise everybody to watch the documentary on heshmat mohajerani by manototv.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                *** edited***
                You clearly havent read the forum rules!
                Warned! And Banned!
                Use the next 30 days to get some manners! Young Man!

DISGUSTING!
                I am shocked!
                Have some manners guys and refrain from foul language!!!
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I understand that we had more accomplishments before the Revolution and all, but as far as talent goes, I believe we are improving as a country going forward.

The problem we have is resources which the before Revolution time had. If we had the same resources and money from then, then skys the limit for today's TM

Comment

Football today is not even comparable to football back then. Most teams now would walk all over teams using the systems they did back then.
                    Sports science, training and tactics have changed so much the gap is increasing every day.

Comment

I understand that we had more accomplishments before the Revolution and all, but as far as talent goes, I believe we are improving as a country going forward.

The problem we have is resources which the before Revolution time had. If we had the same resources and money from then, then skys the limit for today's TM
                      What resources are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        What resources are you referring to?
                        stadiums, facilities, training programs, unlimited sources of money like Arab counties.

Comment

stadiums, facilities, training programs, unlimited sources of money like Arab counties.
                          How often do you think in the 60s, 70s or 80s we held training camps and had friendlies? How many stadiums do you think we had back then?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            How often do you think in the 60s, 70s or 80s we held training camps and had friendlies? How many stadiums do you think we had back then?
                            The fact that our biggest stadium is still "Azadi" which was built 44 years ago should give us an idea what our football would look like today if there was no change in the system of government. Look around you and see the countries such as Turkey with their "super league" today, which didn't have an airport in Istanbul when Hotel Ramsar in Shomal was built! Imagine what our league would look like!
                            I believe that our football would be way beyond asia in football.

Edited: Hotel Ramsar was built 10 years after Istanbul airport. Still, you get my point!?

Comment

Originally posted by ballhugger View Post
                              The fact that our biggest stadium is still "Azadi" which was built 44 years ago should give us an idea what our football would look like today if there was no change in the system of government. Look around you and see the countries such as Turkey with their "super league" today, which didn't have an airport in Istanbul when Hotel Ramsar in Shomal was built! Imagine what our league would look like!
                              I believe that our football would be way beyond asia in football.

Edited: Hotel Ramsar was built 10 years after Istanbul airport. Still, you get my point!?
                              This thread isn't comparing what we were and what we could have been if there was no change in the system of government. It is comparing what we were and what we are.

Comment

Better management and investment before the 1979 revolution. Without those factors in place, talents will not be developed and tournament results remain inconsistent.
                                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
                                X