[Friendly] Iran vs. Sierra Leone [Live Report]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
    *Sierra Leone is very poor.. we need better teams like Germany, France or The Netherlands team or Engeland. My wife from Morocco saying *Sierra Leone is poor and war. Carlos Queiroz is saying that he is satisfied with the match I would say ofcourse we would win this, no suprise.
    Other point is where is all our players that playing in Europe and Russia? The players against Sierra Leone is even not the official World Cup team. It is another waste of time.
    What happen because Italy was very interested in playing us in Rome as well Tehran in 2 games.. much better prepaire for our boys! Than a poor team of Sierra Leone
    We need to play against strong teams, that we can see our performance and weak places. Sierra Leone is not a good warm up match for Spain and Portugal even for Morocco team.
    Why do you think we have the money to play against Germany, France, Netherlands or England?
    Iran has no sponsorship deals and no TV contracts. Our only cash flow was from the last world cup that was funneled out by a lady who has no involvement in the IFF.

So no we aren't going to be playing any friendlies against the best teams in the world. Our last friendly at this caliber was in 2010 and it wasn't paid by IFF money.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      will you pay france 1 million with cost of coming to iran and accomedation?IFF does not have money
      How come IFF doesn't have the money. All the other federations seem to have it!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
        How come IFF doesn't have the money. All the other federations seem to have it!
        No TV money and no sponsorships.
        How many other countries have government owned TV channels that don't pay to stream games?
        How many other teams don't have a shirt sponsor?

Article regarding national sponsors from 2014:
        Iran: Uhlsport, Kaspid, Iran Khodro

http://www.sportspromedia.com/insigh...e_to_the_teams

Comment

Sirrea Leone is no better than Iran. Everyone wants to have a say or get a piece of the pie. Let them investigate. I heard their team plus airplane, accommodation, etc., asked for $75,000 cash. They were NOT worth that much.

IFF, similar to other government agencies is corrupt, mostly political corruption rather than financial corruption.

By selling tickets and TV rights, most teams will play Iran. In 2018, Iran will receive money AND play three top teams in the world.
          Another obstacle is illegal sanctions against Iran.
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Iran/Sierra Leone friendly under Match-fixing scrutiny

Recognised Sierra Leone’s FA president, Isha Johansen, has written to World football governing body, Fifa to request an investigation into Iran and Sierra Leone international friendly.

The World-Cup bound side proved too strong when they dismantled a Sierra Leone side largely dominated by local stars 4-0 Saturday, March 17 in an international friendly at the Tehran’s Azadi Stadium.

A brace for Ali Gholizadeh and a goal apiece for Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh and Kaveh Rezaei helped the host to outclass their struggling visitors.

The match was planned by the present SLFA executive under the acting head, Brima Mazola Kamara (though not recognised by FIFA).

“I’d like to suggest the Match-Fixing Enquiry Committee looks into [how] this friendly was agreed upon and conducted by the SLFA,” Johansen wrote to Fifa.

“I was impersonated in this arrangement,” Kamara told BBC Sport in a statement. He says he did not initially see the correspondence.

The FFIRI, which funded Sierra Leone’s flights and accommodation, says it would have cancelled the friendly had it known of its alleged true nature. However, once the players had landed in Iran, the FFIRI felt there was little option but to play the game, BBC reported.

“Cancelling the match will definitely lead to an immense financial loss for our federation, not to mention that all preparations plans will be disrupted ahead of the World Cup,” FFIRI president Mehdi Taj wrote to Johansen two days before the friendly.

The latter says she allowed the game to go ahead in order to preserve “long-term future relations” with Iran but she has had serious reservations since.

“I am gravely concerned by recent events,” added Johansen in her letter, which was copied to Fifa general secretary Fatma Samoura.

“My fear is that activities may have already taken place unknowingly to me for which I may one day [have] to account for.”

Sierra Leone presently facing an investigation into match-fixing into a World Cup qualifier between Sierra Leone and South Africa in June 2008, which ended goalless.

Johansen, who is also under investigation herself now wants the Iran game to be added to the matches being investigated by this Match Fixing Enquiry Committee.

It could be recalled that on October 2017, Isha Johansen and Kamara were both ordered by the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) to step aside following charges of abuse of office and pilfering of public funds. The matter is ongoing.

In spite of the above, Fifa says they recognize the Johansen leadership until Integrity checks and elections are conducted.

http://footballsierraleone.net/2018/...xing-scrutiny/

Comment

Sounds like an internal power struggle in Sierra Leone's FA, unrelated to the IFF. Also, who the heck match-fixes a friendly on a non-FIFA day? Lastly, if we need to match-fix to beat Sierra Leone's C-team in Tehran, then khoda be dademoon bereseh.

Comment

Isha johansen approved the game herself.

However, expect idiotic Iranian media to report heavily on this with lies about CQ and the staff.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
                  I think someone needs to explain the meaning of match fixing to her. She seems to be taking the "fixing" of a match quite literally! LOL

مورچه چیه که کلّه پاچه آاش چی* باشه؟؟

ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                  X