Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TM List for Algeria & Tunisia matches - Shojaei is back :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
    no country in the world would take a player that has not played competitive club football for more than 1 year to the world cup. his spot would be wasted if not given to a young talent with perspective...No to Ashkan for the WC!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
    Germany? Manuel Neuer?

Comment

Masoud Shojaei played very poor in the game against Bosnia WC 2014. We have got much better players.

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
        Masoud Shojaei played very poor in the game against Bosnia WC 2014. We have got much better players.
        He played excellent against Argentina except the ball which he gave away to Messi.
        Ha has the experience of two World Cups and currently in decent form. We definitely need him because of his international experience and playmaker skills.

Comment

Amiri is the only player that shouldn’t be on that list. He can only run without knowing how to cross or finish. A very one dimensional winger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            Amiri is the only player that shouldn’t be on that list. He can only run without knowing how to cross or finish. A very one dimensional winger.
            I agree, CQ will completly waste his good work with TM in keep using him as a starter or first sub. Only a injury can save TM from it.

Comment

Great that Shojaei is back! I'm also curious to see how Ghoddos does as CAM

Comment

I rarely ever question CQ but is this man high?! Giving khanzadeh and Aghaee a spot is a scary thought. Granted khanzadeh did not play bad yesterday I think that was the first semi decent performance I have ever seen from him. Aghaee didn’t look at the level of the rest of the team either idk why he gets getting called up and given a spot - noorafkan is WAY more deserving.

I really miss kamyabinia and noorafkan from this list but I’m glad to see that Hossein Hosseini made the cut and that Masoud is back.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Moharrami > Khanzadeh
                  Noorafkan and Hajsafi > Aghaei (even as LB)
                  Kamyabinia > Karimi

Shame that Kamal suffered two stupid injuries.

Not the best list, but the rest is okay.
                  Last edited by 04041374; 03-18-2018, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Most notable absentee is Haghighi btw, now we know for sure that he's out of the picture.

Comment

As CQ said: "We will work on this 35 list until the last moment." So nothing & nobody for granted yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        I rarely ever question CQ but is this man high?! Giving khanzadeh and Aghaee a spot is a scary thought. Granted khanzadeh did not play bad yesterday I think that was the first semi decent performance I have ever seen from him. Aghaee didn’t look at the level of the rest of the team either idk why he gets getting called up and given a spot - noorafkan is WAY more deserving.
                        I really miss kamyabinia and noorafkan from this list but I’m glad to see that Hossein Hosseini made the cut and that Masoud is back.
                        As a LB: Aghaei > Haji Safi.

That makes him the best replacement we have for Mohammadi.

Nourafkan did deserve to be called up.

Comment

Why on earth is Ezatollahi in this squad??? It makes no sense! Both of these games are preparation for the Morocco game, which he is ineligible for.

We know he's going to make the final squad and we know he's gonna start in the Portugal and Spain games. He should have been left in Russia to train with his club and CQ should have kept one of Kamyabinia, Noorafkan or Abdollahzadeh in his squad from the Sierra Leone game. Inexplicable decision.

On a side note, I see Abedzadeh's been included again (after the Venezuela call up). If he gets capped in one of these games and if he can remain as number 1 at his club for the remainder of the season, I'm certain he'll go to the WC with Beiranvand and hopefully Hosseini (who I think is probably the best keeper in Iran). Haghighi is finished. Hard luck on Mazaheri and a shining example of why you need a good agent and to move to Europe to make a CQ squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                            Why on earth is Ezatollahi in this squad??? It makes no sense! Both of these games are preparation for the Morocco game, which he is ineligible for.

We know he's going to make the final squad and we know he's gonna start in the Portugal and Spain games. He should have been left in Russia to train with his club and CQ should have kept one of Kamyabinia, Noorafkan or Abdollahzadeh in his squad from the Sierra Leone game. Inexplicable decision.
                            That could be because CQ already knows who will be selected as DM for the Morocco game. Probably none of the names you mentioned will be included. Ezatollahi is still needed to train with TM as much as possible for the last 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              That could be because CQ already knows who will be selected as DM for the Morocco game. Probably none of the names you mentioned will be included. Ezatollahi is still needed to train with TM as much as possible for the last 2 games.

Maybe you're right that he's already made up his mind, rendering all of those players surplus to requirements for TM this summer. He'll look a fool if he calls any of them up, even as a result of injury to one of the players he's made up his mind about, because they haven't been tested in these games. Just a totally weird decision.

I disagree that Ezatollahi needs to train with TM. He's not some untested kid, he's got 23 caps so he's more than familiar with the squad, formation and tactical approach. Playing either of these games is not going to help him in preparation for Spain or Portugal. His club career has long been suffering and until recently, he hasn't played regular club football, which is a travesty for a young international footballer. Were he more of a professional, he would have made himself unavailable for these games to show some commitment to his club situation and improve his chances of selection for their 8 remaining games this season. Playing regular competitive football is far more important for him than these 2 friendlies.

Comment

i think i was the first one, who meantioned Gholizadeh´s quality here in the forum, when i saw his matches in IPL this season (at the begining) and now i am really happy that he continued his good performance and can be a competitve player. if he makes the squad, wonderful, and if not, we know we have him also for the future.

hosseini is very good goalkeeper. beiranvand must improve a lot. want to see abedzadeh, did not see matches of him. wonder how he really is...

Aghaei is not bad left back. he can be replacement for Mohammadi, i did not see him bad, specially in the first half vs. SL he was okay/good. probably we can build him till the world cup. But Hajsafi vs. speedy wings in left back gives me headache. probably aghaei is/can be better as hajsafi in left back back up, but hajsafi better in defensive middlefield, good replacement for ezatolahi first match vs. morocco.

alipoor not convincing CQ is sad, but we have the most quality and amount of players up front. probably this is dilemma for alipoor. and gholizadeh can play also as winger/striker..
                                World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X