Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TM List for Algeria & Tunisia matches - Shojaei is back :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    I rarely ever question CQ but is this man high?! Giving khanzadeh and Aghaee a spot is a scary thought. Granted khanzadeh did not play bad yesterday I think that was the first semi decent performance I have ever seen from him. Aghaee didn’t look at the level of the rest of the team either idk why he gets getting called up and given a spot - noorafkan is WAY more deserving.

I really miss kamyabinia and noorafkan from this list but I’m glad to see that Hossein Hosseini made the cut and that Masoud is back.
    Agree that Khanzadeh was half decent yesterday and Aghaei definitely not TM material at the moment and after the performance yesterday.

I thought Nourafkan would have been no-brainer after the way he played yesterday. As they say, one swallow don't make it summer but both his ball control and vision were phenomenal, not to mention his out swingers... world class. I can honestly say no new-comer to TM has impressed me as much as him since Ezi.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
      Overall this is a good list. Would have loved to see nourafkan play against these 2 quality teams but oh well! Glad goli got the call, he has really had a great season w siapa.
      Sardar did not get to go to 2014 WC and he was already doing good in Russia.
      Nourafkan should just keep working hard and me to Europe. He should be ready for 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
        Germany? Manuel Neuer?
        air jaan what is the proof of that? Neuer is not nominated for the upcoming friendlies and there is no proof but just discussions whether he should be called up.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Great List. I wonder who the remaining 7 players are.

We know that Ashkan Dejagah tops that list at (1). Six players were also dropped from the Sierra Leone game - Hamed Lak (2), Mohammad Ansari (3), Kamal Kamaybinia (4), Omid Nourafkan (5), Ahmad Abdollahzadeh (6), and Ali Alipour (7).

Does this mean that the players listed above are the remainder of the final 35 list or the potentials listed below also have a chance of being in the list:

1- Alireza Haghighi
          2- Ryan Tafazolli
          3- Steven Beitashour
          4- Daniel Arzani
          5- Ezatollah Pourghaz
          6- Hossein Kanaani
          7- Ehsan Pahlevan
          8- Hossein Mahini
          9- Akbar Imani
          10- Mohammadreza Akhabari
          11- Others?

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
            Great List. I wonder who the remaining 7 players are.

We know that Ashkan Dejagah tops that list at (1). Six players were also dropped from the Sierra Leone game - Hamed Lak (2), Mohammad Ansari (3), Kamal Kamaybinia (4), Omid Nourafkan (5), Ahmad Abdollahzadeh (6), and Ali Alipour (7).

Does this mean that the players listed above are the remainder of the final 35 list or the potentials listed below also have a chance of being in the list:

1- Alireza Haghighi
            2- Ryan Tafazolli
            3- Steven Beitashour
            4- Daniel Arzani
            5- Ezatollah Pourghaz
            6- Hossein Kanaani
            7- Ehsan Pahlevan
            8- Hossein Mahini
            9- Akbar Imani
            10- Mohammadreza Akhabari
            11- Others?
            Queiroz did say this 35 man squad list is open so yes those mentioned also Majid Hosseini who I think is way better than Khanzadeh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              Agree that Khanzadeh was half decent yesterday and Aghaei definitely not TM material at the moment and after the performance yesterday.
              I thought Nourafkan would have been no-brainer after the way he played yesterday. As they say, one swallow don't make it summer but both his ball control and vision were phenomenal, not to mention his out swingers... world class. I can honestly say no new-comer to TM has impressed me as much as him since Ezi.
              The way I understand Behrou jan CQ wants to keep several players ready in each positions. If a player can't play he has trained some other players.

Comment

Welcome back Captain Shojaei - the one with the biggest khaye and heart, the only hero & legend of the team No doubt he was kept away from the Syria game for a reason...

Anyway, seems like even after 50 years we wouldn't understand CQ's philosophy in building up a squad. He never invites the best or most "in form" players. If that was the case there would be quite a lot of changes - every time. He cares much more about unity, consistency, discipline, dedication...- and this is what sets him apart with other coaches and the main reason why we have the best TEAM ever. btw. remember Pooladi...injured and months away from football. Back then everyone asked why the hell he was part of the team, but he turned out to be our best player...

That being said:

- I do hope likes of Haghighi or Kamyabinia make it to the team later on, while likes of Karimi or Khanzadeh don't add anything special to the team IMO.

- I am not a fan of Dejagah. Currently he is the most overrated player and unfortunately, due to his name on paper, is immune to any kind of criticism. Other than 2 games he never performed as fantastic as people constantly try to claim. BUT I still would want him in the squad as a substitute. He is well loved by the fans and teammates, experienced, respected and gives us a mental boost. He should at least be capable of playing the last 20 or 30 minutes.

- Amiri. I used to dislike and get annoyed by him, but have to admit that I finally understand why CQ and Branko think so highly of him. This guy is acutally one of the best crosser of the league! Those who have seen Perspolis games this season know what I mean. He doesn't blindy cross the ball, but instead chips/crosses the ball with pinpoint accuracy. His passing level fits perfectly to CQ's counter attacking tactics. Other than that, he is one of the most loyal and down to earth players I have ever seen in TM + one of the few who isn't a money whore. I do believe he will surprise us in the World Cup.

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
                Masoud Shojaei played very poor in the game against Bosnia WC 2014. We have got much better players.

Glad to see you are still around here. Have to admit it, you must be the longest surviving troll on this forum.
                Formerly known as Persianking!
                Follow me @
                instagram/iranscout
                instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Karimi is so crap, the only reason he get's called up is likely because of his fraudulent name of the great legend: ALI KARIMI!!!

Comment

anyone knows when the next 2 friendlies are?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                      Karimi is so crap, the only reason he get's called up is likely because of his fraudulent name of the great legend: ALI KARIMI!!!
                      haha

Comment

Do we know if Tunisia & Algeria are bringing their best teams? I really hope so.

Comment

Where is the Tunisia game taking place? I know we play Algeria in Austria .

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                            Where is the Tunisia game taking place? I know we play Algeria in Austria .
                            Stade Olympique de Radès

Comment

Great list!! We have an amazing squad with so many options, especially in our attacking positions. We can change the lineup around very well based on our opponents. And it is balanced between young and experienced players, as well as players who play in European league. Carlos will lead us to the second round I’m sure of it.
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                                Do we know if Tunisia & Algeria are bringing their best teams? I really hope so.
                                Algeria is pretty much 100% of the team(some of their legionnaries are not regulars in the team). But their best players like Mahrez, Brahimi, Slimani are there)

Tunisia looks like they have everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X