Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Carlos Queiroz turned Iran into Asia’s best World Cup hope

https://www.theguardian.com/football...up-2018-russia

Nothing new or radical but a good summary of our progress and current state of affairs in a high-profile news outlet.

That article should just be:

He inherited the most talented generation of Iranian footballers

Comment

How Carlos Queiroz turned Iran into Asia’s best World Cup hope

Deleted comment.

Comment

What Carlos Queuiroz has done for our football is similar( albeit on a much smaller scale) to what Reza Shah did for IRan in 1935 ; taking a Backward fragmented Iran into a modern Country we knew in 1979!

Keeping in mind, its not a unilateral success, as CQ has been successful ONLY because he manages people rich with talent, but in need of discipline and direction, This is an Iranian trait in general, as people we are highly talented immensely smart, and have conviction and ambition, we just lack direction and a stable democratic secular form of rule to channel this 'talent' into turning our society into a modern, progressive nation with no drama ( Khomeini, Islam) and no drastic turn of events ( Islamic Revolution) . If we can have a CQ as leader, we as a nation will be catapulted into the ranks of Western European powers.... Sadly we dont and we only have a CQ in football, for now....

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
          What Carlos Queuiroz has done for our football is similar( albeit on a much smaller scale) to what Reza Shah did for IRan in 1935 ; taking a Backward fragmented Iran into a modern Country we knew in 1979!
          Keeping in mind, its not a unilateral success, as CQ has been successful ONLY because he manages people rich with talent, but in need of discipline and direction, This is an Iranian trait in general, as people we are highly talented immensely smart, and have conviction and ambition, we just lack direction and a stable democratic secular form of rule to channel this 'talent' into turning our society into a modern, progressive nation with no drama ( Khomeini, Islam) and no drastic turn of events ( Islamic Revolution) . If we can have a CQ as leader, we as a nation will be catapulted into the ranks of Western European powers.... Sadly we dont and we only have a CQ in football, for now....

Y'all need to chill with this cult... like real talk the dude is a solid coach, but not the 2nd coming of christ (or Reza Shah in you analogy). Just remeber that we haven't won a WC game under him, nor have we made it past the quarter finals of the Asian cup. In 6 months, Schäfer has basically manged to do with esteghlal, what CQ has done with TM (Park the bus for 90 minutes, play khers vasati, and rely on set pieces to get a lucky bounce and score a goal).

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            That article should just be:
            This is non sense
            2014 was not talented at all
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Y'all need to chill with this cult... like real talk the dude is a solid coach, but not the 2nd coming of christ (or Reza Shah in you analogy). Just remeber that we haven't won a WC game under him, nor have we made it past the quarter finals of the Asian cup. In 6 months, Schäfer has basically manged to do with esteghlal, what CQ has done with TM (Park the bus for 90 minutes, play khers vasati, and rely on set pieces to get a lucky bounce and score a goal).
              Look at the qualification we just had...Compare it to other years. End of conversation. He is doing a good job. Look at last world cup and the players we had, are you surprised we didnt win a game? SAF couldnt win a game with the team we had last world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                This is non sense
                2014 was not talented at all
                Dejagoh At his prime, Nekonam, Ando, Gucci, Haghighi at his prime, Masoud, Seyed Jalal... Yup, no talent at all.

Originally posted by JamB View Post
                Look at the qualification we just had...Compare it to other years. End of conversation. He is doing a good job. Look at last world cup and the players we had, are you surprised we didnt win a game? SAF couldnt win a game with the team we had last world cup.
                The Qualification group was easy, we faced the weakest Korea team in years, coudln't even win against a Syria who's n middle of a civil war.

and yes, I'm surprised we didn't win a game last WC. We were in a group with Nigeria and Bosnia and considering the decent squad we had (see my post above), we should've at least won at one game. I'm not saying CQ is a bad coach, I'm just pointing out that other coaches (probably for less money) can do what this Dollar store Mourinho has achived with Iran's level of talent.
                Last edited by The; 03-21-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
                  The 1978 team also qualified undefeated and with only one team qualifying from all of Asia and Oceania. Much harder than today's campaign where 5 teams qualify from these 2 continents.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Dejagoh At his prime, Nekonam, Ando, Gucci, Haghighi at his prime, Masoud, Seyed Jalal... Yup, no talent at all.

The Qualification group was easy, we faced the weakest Korea team in years, coudln't even win against a Syria who's n middle of a civil war.

and yes, I'm surprised we didn't win a game last WC. We were in a group with Nigeria and Bosnia and considering the decent squad we had (see my post above), we should've at least won at one game. I'm not saying CQ is a bad coach, I'm just pointing out that other coaches (probably for less money) can do what this Dollar store Mourinho has achived with Iran's level of talent.
                    Bruh, our best striker was Gucci, who was barely scoring for what, Charlton athletic? dont compare the level of talent we have now to then. I agree, I think this world cup is important to show how good of a coach CQ is. The morocco game is huge

Comment

^^^ Well said "the"
                      i just dont get why we are so freaking gharibe parast!
                      I support Quiroz but some the members on this site act like he is god and that he has achieved something with us.
                      the only thing that matters is results and the reality is his results in big tournaments are nothing to write home about.
                      Making the world cup is a good but again a country like Iran in Asia should ALWAYS make the world cup. Just be cause we had some incompetent coaches that didnt achieve this simple goal doesn't mean that Quiroz has done miracles.
                      I will judge Quiroz after this world cup, we need to win a game at least for his stay to be any kind of success.

Comment

Never fails, once Again we under appreciate something someone has done so amazingly great! ( 2nd back to back WC qualification, no loss, 2 goals conceded, 2 games to spare) Much Like how we took The Pahlavi dynasty, turned them into Saddam like dictators, and then brought in Khomeini hoping an Akhund can do one better! Typical Iranian mentality of grossly under appreciating whats been good!

Comment

Guy did something Iranians are usually garbage at...long term planning...our team is secured talentwise for at least another 5 years.

He went head to head with IFF when no other coach Iranian or foreign had the balls.

Taught our players proper structure which I honestly dont see GN or Mayeli capable of.

Comment

We should have never conceded those 2 goals ba Syria anyway

It was a meaningless match and honestly I think it was set up for the Brother Syria to make the playoffs

Comment

2014 team was a HUUUGE amount less talented than 2006 team.

We had players who in squads of the year in bundesliga, serie a defenders, players starring in the champions league...

Our depth of the team was more in 2006 as well. The player of the year in the iranian domestic league, a 2-footed 23 year old midfielder, didn't even get picked for the final 23!

What CQ has done is nothing short of miraculous - more than anything changing the mindset of TM into a disciplined outfit from the deimi shit we got used to for a long time

Comment

Working...
                              X