No announcement yet.

Iran vs Tunisia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a fan of Esteghlal, it's hard for me to say this but Montazeri is not good enough any longer.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

beiranvand ---8

chesmi-2

khanzadeh -2

milad - 6

ramin-1

hajsafi- 3

ali karimi-4

shojayi 7

amiri- 4

karim -5

gucci-5

montazeri- 2

ghoddos -7

ebarahimi- 2

AJ- 8

torabi 5

kaveh 5

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
        My thoughts on today’s friendly match against Tunisia:
        1. First of all if you’re bashing Team Melli because of this loss then a) You don’t understand football b) You’re not a real Team Melli fan c) You’re just a troll d) All of the above
        2. I’m actually glad that we lost early on because this is the PURPOSE of a friendly match. It’s meant to prepare a team. Now some of you pea brain idiots may think “But but but Ghoddos played umm and umm Jahanbakhsh played, what about now?? We suck!!” No you imbecile, this team has finally begun its process of molding together as a cohesive unit. Tunisia may not have the best ranking but they are a tough side with quality players who qualified to the World Cup. I’m not ashamed of our performance today as it is an EYE OPENER for the players + coaching staff to work on what needs to be worked on. And again, our players are building chemistry which solidified through being together week in and week out. Training together, watching film together, playing friendly matches together. Please don’t jump to conclusion over a loss we obtained in a friendly match which is meant to prepare and shape our scattered legionnaires and domestic players together to be as ready as can be for Russia 2018.
        3. As far as our performance is concerned, we didn’t play well in the first half. We showed signs of offense on a few occasions and had a couple of opportunities here and there but it wasn’t a good performance. It was an okay performance and that is OKAY. Because as we have learned, Carlos works hard to diminish and eliminate weaknesses in our team. The guys have started to get used to one another. We played better in the second half but our mistakes ultimately cost us the match.
        4. The Tunisians played well. Although they did play dirty and grass roll at times, they weren’t as bad as how the Persian Gulf Arabs are when we play them. They were also respectful and sportsmanlike the majority of the game. I felt maybe we were a bit rough in the game which could have induced them being aggressive, or vice versa. But I didn’t feel they were intentionally being unsportsmanlike. The different between North African teams as opposed to Persian Gulf teams.
        5. Lastly, to sum it up, obviously I’m not content with the result but as I said before I’m glad this happened NOW than in the World Cup. Which is why we play friendly matches. The game was dull because of the rain and the defensive/counter attacking tactics from both sides but it picked up towards the end. All in all, let’s MOVE ON and please try to THINK and be mature with what you post.
        i agree losing early is better and once alireza and ghoddos gel will be a deadly force, i hope the friendly matches gel them

Comment

If anything, this match showed me how important Masoud still is to Team Melli.

Masoud has that undeniable creative trait that is very rare in Iranian football. He can unlock the opposing defense with a swift one-touch pass or with a beautifully weighted through ball. Also, there's no questioning his commitment, effort, and love for Team Melli. He really leaves it all out there.

One negative trait about Masoud is his temperament. Once again, he stomped on an opposing player which could've easily been a straight red card. Masoud has gotten sent off in important TM matches before (e.g. South Korea), and if he does play in the WC, he needs to control his emotions before it really hurts our team.

I love Saman and Ashkan more than the next person, but they can't open up a defense like Masoud can. After today, I once again feel Masoud needs to start in the WC.

----Azmoun---
          -Ghoddos---Masoud---ARJ

Comment

Good practice.
            The rain and pitch condition really added to the amount of errors but it was good exposure to a team that will be physical and is trying to improve as well for the World Cup.

For me, the constant stables were good as always.
            Referee was an embarrassment.
            On a better pitch I think we would have won.

Beiranvand - 7 - he did what he was supposed to... nothing more or less
            Rezaeian - 5 - way too inconsistent. Bring in Ghafouri or even Moharrami.
            Khanzadeh - 5 - strong, but not great.
            Cheshmi - 2 - One of the worst today... he can't handle players who run at him.
            Mohammadi - 7 - awesome player... own goal wasn't his fault. Even on the flanks which were soaked, he is boss.

Hajsafi - 4 - get this guy out of TM. Can't stand him. 1 step forward, 3 steps back.
            Karimi - 2 - as bad as Cheshmi. So shol o vel and can't fight. You're a DM, not a right winger!
            Shojaei - 4 - violent and slow... He made some good passes but against a team like Morrocco he will be useless. Our best hope for him is to play against a team that wants lots of possession aka Spain.

Amiri - 5 - did nothing wrong, did nothing great
            Ansarifard - 5 - same as Ansarifard
            Ghoochannejhad - 6 - made the most of nothing.

Montazeri - 2 - poorly coordinated and slow as heck... really fallen apart
            Ebrahimi - 2 - no. This guy couldn't handle the pace and strength of Guam, he was even worse today. His touches were the worst on anyone in TM.
            Ghoddos - 6.5
            Torabi - 6.5
            Jahanbakhsh - 7.5 - best player for me today. Great passes and had a huge appetite.
            Rezaei - 7: hard worker and really coordinated well. Big respect

Again, overall a really good friendly. Boys need to rest and get ready for Algeria. The physical component is really important and I'm glad TM is getting this exposure now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
              As a fan of Esteghlal, it's hard for me to say this but Montazeri is not good enough any longer.
              Neither are Cheshmi and Ebrahimi.

Comment

Edit: Browsing through this thread I now understand much better, why CQ fielded the team the way he did. He is really a master and greatly admire him. So take my post with a grain of salt

I didnt like what I saw.

1. We lost against a team that was in no way stronger than us.
                2. By playing the 2nd team we wasted the best oppurtunity we are going to get to simulate Morocco
                3. Once again our team was out of sync (goes back to no. 2). When the defense does bad as well, naturally we loose.

The problem in the first half was our defensive midfield that failed to win us control over the game. Hajisafi was OK, but Karimi was invisible. Karimi was the one to support the defense, and he showed that defense is not his strenght. With the introduction of Ebrahimi in the 2nd, it first looked better, but he was way off in a few scenes, especially on the goal conceded. Generally our central defense and defensive midfield showed poor defensive skills throughout the entire match, and that's what cost us imo.

On the offense Shojaei and Ansarifard didnt look too bad as they tried, Gucci had it hard, Amiri was invisible. In the first half and up untill the goal we seemed to lack the urgency to cause danger. After the goal we did manage to pressurize Tunisia, but also showed the usual hastiness. Ghoddos was too much on the wings, he is supposed to be in the center distributing the ball.
                All in all this was a prime example of a bad Team Melli game. It was the little things that caused us to loose this - too shy defending, sloppy and hasty plays and sloppy crosses (Rezaeian for instance) that made us waste our oppurtnities and ressources, had us loose momentum, unnecessary fouls and especially a lack of a center.

My conclusions:

-start K. Rezaei over Amiri.
                -dont play 2 inexperienced central defenders at the same time. Stick to the proven concept to experience+youth.
                -we need at least one defensive midfielder with solid defensive skills (is it too late to call up Ando?)
                -we need a solid core in our team - 2 solid defensive midielders plus a creative offensive midielder with composure on the ball (both Shojaei and Ghoddos are good in that matter)
                -we need to stop experimenting and start to give our first team real world experience.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                  My thoughts on today’s friendly match against Tunisia:

1. First of all if you’re bashing Team Melli because of this loss then a) You don’t understand football b) You’re not a real Team Melli fan c) You’re just a troll d) All of the above

2. I’m actually glad that we lost early on because this is the PURPOSE of a friendly match. It’s meant to prepare a team. Now some of you pea brain idiots may think “But but but Ghoddos played umm and umm Jahanbakhsh played, what about now?? We suck!!” No you imbecile, this team has finally begun its process of molding together as a cohesive unit. Tunisia may not have the best ranking but they are a tough side with quality players who qualified to the World Cup. I’m not ashamed of our performance today as it is an EYE OPENER for the players + coaching staff to work on what needs to be worked on. And again, our players are building chemistry which solidified through being together week in and week out. Training together, watching film together, playing friendly matches together. Please don’t jump to conclusion over a loss we obtained in a friendly match which is meant to prepare and shape our scattered legionnaires and domestic players together to be as ready as can be for Russia 2018.

3. As far as our performance is concerned, we didn’t play well in the first half. We showed signs of offense on a few occasions and had a couple of opportunities here and there but it wasn’t a good performance. It was an okay performance and that is OKAY. Because as we have learned, Carlos works hard to diminish and eliminate weaknesses in our team. The guys have started to get used to one another. We played better in the second half but our mistakes ultimately cost us the match.

4. The Tunisians played well. Although they did play dirty and grass roll at times, they weren’t as bad as how the Persian Gulf Arabs are when we play them. They were also respectful and sportsmanlike the majority of the game. I felt maybe we were a bit rough in the game which could have induced them being aggressive, or vice versa. But I didn’t feel they were intentionally being unsportsmanlike. The different between North African teams as opposed to Persian Gulf teams.

5. Lastly, to sum it up, obviously I’m not content with the result but as I said before I’m glad this happened NOW than in the World Cup. Which is why we play friendly matches. The game was dull because of the rain and the defensive/counter attacking tactics from both sides but it picked up towards the end. All in all, let’s MOVE ON and please try to THINK and be mature with what you post.
                  ??? building chemistry for 6 players who will not play in the world cup...Every single other team is trying to prepare for the world cup. Every single other team has scattered legionnaires and domestic players and they make it work. What is the point, please tell me, what is the point of starting a shit line up against the only team we are playing that is in the world cup. Try to build a cohesive unit for the players who will actually play. The players who will actually play need to play together. This was an embarassment. Typical mentality to just say this is a friendly. As i sit here watching morocco beat serbia with subs in too, makes me really nervous about what is going to happen in the world cup. Honestly, besides calling us imbeciles, maybe understand our viewpoint. Your arguement of a cohesive unit doesnt make sense. It would only make sense if it was our starters and maybe one or two subs playing together, not 80% scrubs who wont get any minutes in the world cup. Just a friendly, but if we would have won it would have been more than just a friendly.

Comment

All i was thinking was how many goals we would have conceded anytime Tunisia attacked, if it was Spain or Portugal.

Some of the defending was Atrocious and Midfield was non-existant

Comment

Carlos still experimenting and a few injuries in our ranks.

Let’s be patient and not jump to not conclusions too early.

Of course no one is satisfied with our performance as a team, but this is just the beginning of the road.

The big main positive from this game was Beiranvand! He single handedly saved our ass many times. I hope he remains consistent.

Comment

People need to chill.. There's like 3-4 players from that line up that will start for TM in the World Cup.

Not sure what CQ was trying to achieve with that line up though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                          People need to chill.. There's like 3-4 players from that line up that will start for TM in the World Cup.

Not sure what CQ was trying to achieve with that line up though lol.
                          he was trying to remove the bad weeds, and he has spotted them, he know our attacking front, but we saw chesmi and khanzadeh are poor, omid is poor, we need eztolahi, however firsr game, play omid and ali karimi, ehsan is poor also, the friendlies show CQ who is good and bad

Comment

Plain and simple, the boys were not ready. They were second to every ball, no effort AT ALL.

Comment

What worries me terribly is Saeeds absence for the first game why tf did fifa give him a 2 game ban wtf
                              This should be the line up they should put ghoddos on the wing he fits all the perfect categories to match as a winger
                              Beiravand
                              Ghafouri PAG Hosseini Milad
                              Ezatolahi Ehsan(his experience and chemistry better than anyone else)
                              Jahanbaksh (Shojae,Dejagah) Ghoddos
                              (Azmoun, Kaveh, Ansarifard no more trying this guy on the wing bs)

Comment

We got 3-4 key players injured, I wouldn't either taking the risk to get more injuries under conditions like this. Algeria game coming up plus a couple of more good friendlies. What I know from Cq is that he never plays full strength squad and give away his tactics before important tournaments plus he always have a couple of ace's up his sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                                X