Iran vs Tunisia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
    As a fan of Esteghlal, it's hard for me to say this but Montazeri is not good enough any longer.
    bro this was the weakest ever Pejman but to his defence he grew older and had 2 or is it 3? serious injuries lately

Comment

well, first off, we really miss Ashkan, not just for his playing style, but also for his leadership on the field. We sorely need someone to step up and be that field general that we used to have with players like Nekounam and Mahdavikia. Without Dejagah, we don't have that player.

As for the player ratings, I don't understand all the low ratings given to Amiri. The guy is a workhorse. As a two way player, he is all over the field. This is why CQ likes him. You put him out there and he hustles and fights for every ball. He was the most active player in the first half and in the 2nd half until the 70th minute. I think at one point I saw him help out as a RB :-) . His scrappy style of play doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but, a good coach respects it.

The positive from this game was that we were able to test our GK and our defensive line. Beiranvand's performance was solid and it looks like the number 1 GK spot is his to lose. Cheshmi is shaky and I hope he's not our starter come WC time. Missed some defensive stops and would make me super nervous if I saw him handling the ball on the backside with a Portuguese or Spanish striker closing in on him. Mohammadi is coming back from an injury, so I didn't expect him to be in game shape. He needs to work on his crosses. He has the speed to run up the line, but his crosses are weak. RGN is at best a sub and should sit on the bench unless we have Azmoun injured. Ghoddos played well, but he needs more time to build chemistry with this team. Hopefully a Jahanbakhsh/Ghoddos/Dejagah lineup becomes a possibility in the WC.

Ebrahimi and Hajsafi were both average. There is nothing special about Ebrahimi's game, but he is a dependable backup.

Overall we played a friendly in bad weather conditions against a strong home team. If the Ref had give us that penalty, this would have been a different game
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

It is not so much the loss that hurts, but this team just was half of the team that played against Korea, Argentina, and Chile. Our biggest strength was our defense, and today it was barely holding it together. No team could enter our penalty area. They were hassled and toughened well before getting there. Today our defense was our goal keeper. It just does not make sense. I am not sure what happened. I think it is a mistake to break it down into individual mistakes. Individually, they performed really well. They ran, passed (as much as you can in a swamp), and created opportunities. But there was a lack of good shifts from defense to offense and vice versa. Again we came back to our original plan of getting the ball and cross it high hoping someone will do something with it.

Comment

- Karim & Gucci are our reserve striker. Far far from our lazy superstar Azmoun and well behind our hungry Kaveh.
          - Ebrahimi, Hajsafi and Karimi are far below WC level. The problem is we have nothing better than them except Saeid. the DM position is a big hole
          - With today performance, Ramin should be at best a sub, at worst out of WC squad for a younger Moharrami. Hopefully Ghafouri won't shoke in the next game.
          - PAG-Hosseini is set to be our CB duo (36 y.o + a qatar expat!), we have literally nobody in case of suspension/injury of one of them. reserve CB is a big hole.

We have several big problems :

- We are very very light in DM position. Except Ezzi, the rest is no WC material.
          - Amiri please stay in Tunisia. The only thing that can justify Amiri presence would have been to hope he got injuried by one of the tunisian or the weather condition.
          - CQ stop complaining with lack of friendlies. Your starting line up is shameful. Stop you obsession with garbage player like Amiri. Stop your obsession with out of position players. It was shameful to see heydari RW instead of JB in WC14. Stop these kind of nonsense or leave ASAP in Uzbekistan or one of the only other garbage selection that want your service. So much of your training in the hotel lobby!
          - IFF doing a decent job with providing ok friendly. Too bad the rain that we wait for Iran, just come to f*** us in a country just at the north of Sahara desert.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            - Karim & Gucci are our reserve striker. Far far from our lazy superstar Azmoun and well behind our hungry Kaveh.

- CQ stop complaining with lack of friendlies. Your starting line up is shameful. Stop you obsession with garbage player like Amiri. Stop your obsession with out of position players. It was shameful to see heydari RW instead of JB in WC14. Stop these kind of nonsense or leave ASAP in Uzbekistan or one of the only other garbage selection that want your service. So much of your training in the hotel lobby!
            This is why I wish friendlies before WC were not broadcast.

Comment

Well there you have it we have so much work to do that realistically with the way I saw all our other group opponents play realistically even with our team at full strength this will be another repeat of the previous two world cups Ronaldo single handled a strong Egypt in 2 minutes of extra time, Spain just tied the world champs at their house, and Morocco played beautiful against a strong Serbia beating them 2-1 so idk what Quieroz has up his sleeves but it better be good because our opponents are extremely strong even the Saudis scrapped a tie against a well formidable opponent being Ukraine idk I’m speechless atm we’ll just have to wait and see it’s better to be happy about being at the World Cup since the draw completely fucked us tbh so I’ll just be excited to see my nation being up there and if they manage to pull anything off it’ll be euphoric if not then that’s fine too since that’s what I’ll be expecting

Comment

Beiranvand - 9 (He was our best player by far sadly)

Rezaeian - 5 (I hope he gets playing time in his club by the WC)

Khanzadeh - 3 (I didn't even know he was that good in Padide to be called up to TM)

Cheshmi - 4 (Not ready for this WC, honestly he was too shaky and nervous)

Mohammadi - 5.5 (Wasn't the usual MM, that own goal although there wasn't much he could have done to prevent from happening, but still an own goal)

Hajsafi - 5 (Far from his good old days)

Karimi - 5 (Mediocre at best)

Shojaei - 7 Definitely one of our better and more effective players, his absent was clearly felt in the second half)

Ansarifard - 5 (Not sure why he often doesn't shine with TM)

Amiri - 3.5 (Not good at all, he has been on a decline in the past year)

Ghoochannejhad - 5 (Not much to offer sadly. I love him and really want his old form back ASAP)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                Montazeri - 3 (He seriously needs to be crossed off. Just a shadow of his old brilliance)

Ebrahimi - 3 (Terrible display, not sure why he was invisible and scrappy today)

Ghoddos - 6.5 (He definitely had an impact on the team upon coming on. He needs to be played in all our friendly to get synced-in with the team, and not just the last 20 minutes of each friendly. C'mon the guy is an excellent player, however his little experience and acquaintance with the team and its players need to be strengthened)

Torabi - 3 (He was just poor, although little time given to play, but a good player proves his merit even with minutes. That one on one blunder is just not justifiable for a player at national team level)

Jahanbakhsh - 7 (He also showed his positive effect and effectiveness in the very little time he was given to play. I predict him to rise and shine in our WC games, being our best player, thus getting transferred to a top European club)

K. Rezaei - 5.5 (He was better than his previous games with TM, for sure performed better than Karim and GN in today's match)

Anyway these 2 friendly matches proved CQ and all of us that there are at least 6-7 clear cross out candidates. We all know who they are!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Neither are Cheshmi and Ebrahimi.
                  The persons that should have been there are the Hosseinis (Majid and Hossein). Although Beira was excellent today.

Honestly, whether we won, drawn or tie these friendlies, it means nothing. The game play, understanding of tactics going forward etc. is important.

Comment

Originally posted by loveandpeace View Post
                    It is not so much the loss that hurts, but this team just was half of the team that played against Korea, Argentina, and Chile. Our biggest strength was our defense, and today it was barely holding it together. No team could enter our penalty area. They were hassled and toughened well before getting there. Today our defense was our goal keeper. It just does not make sense. I am not sure what happened. I think it is a mistake to break it down into individual mistakes. Individually, they performed really well. They ran, passed (as much as you can in a swamp), and created opportunities. But there was a lack of good shifts from defense to offense and vice versa. Again we came back to our original plan of getting the ball and cross it high hoping someone will do something with it.
                    Please do not be mistaken. The core of our defense (Seye Jalal Hosseini and PAG were absent today) Also I would definitely take Vouria Ghafouri over Rezaeian at this point. With all of the above taken into consideration, I won't be as worried as you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                      Please do not be mistaken. The core of our defense (Seye Jalal Hosseini and PAG were absent today) Also I would definitely take Vouria Ghafouri over Rezaeian at this point. With all of the above taken into consideration, I won't be as worried as you are!
                      You are right. Seyed jalal was so missing there. But I still did not see the same cohesiveness between our defense as in prior games.

Comment

Iran vs Tunisia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

I think people including myself are overreacting.

The lineup was weak, and I never expected to win with that.

Khanzadeh was so sloppy that he was subbed out so quick.

I’m confident that with our normal defensive line, and if the pitch wasn’t a pool, we could have won.

I definitely don’t think they were better.

They scored an own goal and we gave them way too much space on the right side.

Mohammadi did a much better job than rezaeian

Shojaei was great and provides passes that nobody else can, everyone else had horribly weighted passes.

Our midfield was a disaster and Hajsafi was decent but karimi and ebrahimi really let him down.

Ansarifard was putting in great effort but he was ineffective.

Kaveh was much better and so were Ghoddos and Jahanbakhsh

I hate amiri because he plays with his head down.

He must have passed the ball to the Tunisian players like 10 times

I hope that we learned from this game, and I think it was really important to play North African teams, they are very physical and we saw some of our players struggled with that.

This is the importance of players like Ezatolahi who can keep control of the midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                          People need to chill.. There's like 3-4 players from that line up that will start for TM in the World Cup.

Not sure what CQ was trying to achieve with that line up though lol.
                          I know what he was trying to achieve. Do you sincerely believe he doesn't know who is worthy and who is not worthy of being in the final squad? He is playing a secure and smart strategy to silent his critics, while doing his best to be fair and square to all TM players, by giving every single player a fair share of playing time (Giving the possible cross-out candidates more playing time) so that us (Fake fans) see with our own eyes who deserves to be on the WC final squad, and who does not deserve such honor!

Had he not let Cheshmi, Ebrahimi, Rezaeian, Amiri, Ali Karimi, etc play a good portion of these past 2 games, we would have been calling for CQ's head, should he have crossed out any of these players from the camp in the coming months. I am sure a big majority of people who till today were rooting for these above mentioned underperformed players, now and after 2 back-to-back friendlies have had a change of heart about their options...

These friendlies results don't matter, what matters is what we learn from these matches, and how we utilize what we have learned from there friendlies in our final destination called Russia World Cup 2018. 'Yeah baby bring it on!" (Margot joon and Mila joon together chanting)

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                            Ramin coming in for a lot of stick but it's important to note he was left way more exposed than Milo thanks to relying on the likes of Masoud and Karim to provide him with cover which neither can do.
                            Yeah but his positioning is just poor for a defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Beiranvand - 6 (That yellow card was so unnecessary he should not have come out of the penalty area and it is not wise for a keeper to drible a striker)
                              Rezaeian - 4
                              Khanzadeh 2
                              Cheshmi - 2
                              Mohammadi - 1 (I never give high rating to some one who makes an own goal it was his fault that we lost)
                              Hajsafi - 5
                              Karimi - 4
                              Shojaei - 5
                              Ansarifard - 5
                              Amiri - 3
                              Ghoochannejhad - 5
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Montazeri - 2
                              Ebrahimi - 2
                              Ghoddos - 7
                              Torabi - 4 (good in getting the ball bad in using opportunities)
                              Jahanbakhsh - 7
                              K. Rezaei - 6

Comment

BTW please correct me if I am wrong. Today's Portugal against Egypt did not seem a much stronger side than Tunisia/Egypt. They trailed most of the match till almost the end of the match. Thanks to their star Ronaldo for 2 late goals at 92' and 94' to win the game

Comment

Working...
                                X