No announcement yet.

Iran vs Tunisia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that missed it (like me), here's the own goal "highlight". It was really just a case of bad luck (although should have been avoided at this level of football). But even if another TM defender was there, or it wasn't fumbled, the other Tunisian attacker was right there, and could have put it in. In the end, if TM would have gotten the PK it was owed, it should have ended in a tie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLM1qmUi7us

Comment

We need to understand that CQ probably already has his 1st team lined up. He need to confirm the backup players. And he needs to do this early on so I am not surprised with the line up today. The two players who confirmed their position were Shojaei & beinavand from the starting line up. Amiri, Hajsafi, Gucci, Karim and Mohammadl are already in, others now are in doubt after this performance.

How bad was the referee, I am impressed that the TM players were not getting frustrated and carrying on. Also they didn’t try to play act.

The loss was unfortunate and a draw would have been a fair result. I am pretty satisfied with the friendly and I think it did serve its purpose.

Comment

A 100% penalty against Ansarifard in the 1st half, the defender was puling on his shirt at the same time he was kicking him on the leg.

Iran: nervous-hurried
        Tunisia: confident-relaxed

Too many unforced errors (ball giveaways) by Iran.
        Friendly game, learn, adjust, move on.
        "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

we put a B team and CQ got too see who is good and not good, also the algeria game will give him time to gel players and finalise his players also.

Comment

The game was so wrong in many levels. I did not see football by the Tunisians. I saw a game of laser tag. Everywhere on my TV set were green lights moving from point A to point B to point C and so on...

Its like they wanted to win against us so badly just to get a better a FIFA ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
              He has physical tools, but he is not a smart footballer at all.
              I would say the problem may be the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                I'm inclined to agree that Ghafouri is the more solid defender but Ramin's quality of delivery really is an asset that we could exploit so I'm still very much in two minds as to who should start. Happy to go with either, frankly.
                I am sorry, but if Ramin's "quality of delivery" is really considered an asset for us, then we are screwed at the WC, in more than one way!!!

Ramin needs 10 tries to get one decent one. in any case, our full backs aren't going to be crossing the ball in the box much. they are going to bust their asses on defense, and maybe if all goes well, two or three counter attack situation, in a game. Voria is better than Ramin right now, but neither are very good and carlos has no better option, it seems. Khanzadeh has played RB for carlos before. He may actually be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                  I am sorry, but if Ramin's "quality of delivery" is really considered an asset for us, then we are screwed at the WC, in more than one way!!!
                  Ramin needs 10 tries to get one decent one. in any case, our full backs aren't going to be crossing the ball in the box much. they are going to bust their asses on defense, and maybe if all goes well, two or three counter attack situation, in a game. Voria is better than Ramin right now, but neither are very good and carlos has no better option, it seems. Khanzadeh has played RB for carlos before. He may actually be an option.
                  ramin had so many damn crosses and I barely remember any find a target. Vouria really is a much better option, so is moharrami. and its not just this match, ive watches most of his games in belgium as well and im saying it now this guy is a liability and will be exposed in WC.

Comment

There were certainly elements of this line-up that could consider it as a "B" team, definitely in the CB position. Keep in mind our strongest asset is our defense, and lacking PAG/Hosseini in the center means that we are never showing its full potential. Khanzadeh and Cheshmi showed that they lack the composure and intelligence to be effective in the back line. Cheshmi especially made me want to rip my eyeballs out with how easily he got dribbled in the goal they scored.

I would consider Ansarifard, Rezaei, Shojaei, Karimi, Ghoochannejad, Rezaeian, and Torabi as rotational players mostly based on how they've been used in the past and based on their pretty particular attributes that they bring. Among these guys I think it is abundantly clear that A: Karimi has no place in our starting lineup as our central midfield was practically absent and mistakes were a plenty and B: Torabi lacks the composure and effective play style necessary to create good chances in big games. The rest showed some positive light in this matchup and would be great assets to the final world cup roster.

If i were CQ, the cuts I would make to the roster after this game would be Torabi, Karimi, Chesmi, and Khanzadeh. I am 50/50 about whether Ramin Rezaeian also belongs in the group of those who should be cut, as he's a very on and off player. There's not too much of a reason to be upset with the result, it is actually excellent that this match highlights some of the flaws of these guys. The goal was extremely frustrating to see as were a couple opportunities that should have been executed better offensively + the clear as daylight penalty that wasn't called. BUT, looking forward to the next friendly and i hope we use a lineup that shows the full potential of our team so that we can see the much more probable final roster mesh well together.

Comment

I give Beiranvand and Ramin Rezai 8

The rest 5 on average.

Not too bad but I'm sure we can be better. If Azmoun or Taremi were in we could have won. Guaranteed
                      sigpic
                      SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                      IRAN
                      - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

We love CQ and he has been great but this disaster of a game is on him unfortunately.
                        Yo don’t even invite crappy players like cheshmi, khanzadeh, karimi and you never play this kind
                        Of players from start AT the SAME TIME. When our best player on the field is a clown
                        Like Beiro, it shows what huge disaster the rest of the players were.

Comment

Well, after Tunisia scored I couldn't watch the match anymore... not that before then TM's performance was any "eye candy" as Ontario's finance minister Sousa would call it.

So I got up early in the morning and watched the entire 2nd half and until minute 78 I was thinking there was at least one positive thing in this match: Beiranvand... then he tried to pick a fight in a friendly and I thought well, there goes that!

MasterCard is working hard on ads for both Iran and Tunisia and this is what they have so far... please bear in mind that,

a) They don’t understand football
                          b) They're not a real Team Melli fan
                          c) They're just a troll
                          d) All of the above + pea brain idiots + imbecile + yada yada yada

M/C Ad for Tunisia:

- Small Tunisian Flag: $2
                          - Match ticket: $20
                          - Winter Jacket to keep you warm for 90 minutes: $200
                          - Watching your team make Asia's best team look like chickens running around with their heads cut off: PRICELESS.

M/C Ad for Iran:

- Cost of all the time taken off work to watch TM matches: $2,000.
                          - Cost of purchasing the rights to broadcast the Tunisia match: $20,000.
                          - Cost of a world class coach: $2,000,000
                          - Watching your money go down the drain: PRICELESS!
                          Last edited by Bi-honar; 03-23-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

P.S. I have now seen two of the shittiest TM performances since I started watching them when I was 6 years old before the '78 WC since we qualified for this WC!

Anyone who is suggesting that CQ, with all his knowledge of the cosmos and insights into the inner workings of the universe (matched only by the late Stephen Hawking [RIP]), if not divine powers, did not ought to know by now that Cheshmi, Khanzadeh, Ali Karimi (Rev. 2), and Amiri are NOT TM, let alone WC material, either,

a) Don’t understand football
                            b) Are not a real Team Melli fan
                            c) Are just a troll
                            d) All of the above + pea brain idiots + imbecile + Probably supported Brexit!

As Forest Gump would say, "that's all I got to say about that".

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
                              I didnt like what I saw.
                              1. We lost against a team that was in no way stronger than us.
                              2. By playing the 2nd team we wasted the best oppurtunity we are going to get to simulate Morocco
                              3. Once again our team was out of sync (goes back to no. 2). When the defense does bad as well, naturally we loose.
                              The problem in the first half was our defensive midfield that failed to win us control over the game. Hajisafi was OK, but Karimi was invisible. Karimi was the one to support the defense, and he showed that defense is not his strenght. With the introduction of Ebrahimi in the 2nd, it first looked better, but he was way off in a few scenes, especially on the goal conceded. Generally our central defense and defensive midfield showed poor defensive skills throughout the entire match, and that's what cost us imo.
                              On the offense Shojaei and Ansarifard didnt look too bad as they tried, Gucci had it hard, Amiri was invisible. In the first half and up untill the goal we seemed to lack the urgency to cause danger. After the goal we did manage to pressurize Tunisia, but also showed the usual hastiness. Ghoddos was too much on the wings, he is supposed to be in the center distributing the ball.
                              All in all this was a prime example of a bad Team Melli game. It was the little things that caused us to loose this - too shy defending, sloppy and hasty plays and sloppy crosses (Rezaeian for instance) that made us waste our oppurtnities and ressources, had us loose momentum, unnecessary fouls and especially a lack of a center.
                              My conclusions:
                              -start K. Rezaei over Amiri.
                              -dont play 2 inexperienced central defenders at the same time. Stick to the proven concept to experience+youth.
                              -we need at least one defensive midfielder with solid defensive skills (is it too late to call up Ando?)
                              -we need a solid core in our team - 2 solid defensive midielders plus a creative offensive midielder with composure on the ball (both Shojaei and Ghoddos are good in that matter)
                              -we need to stop experimenting and start to give our first team real world experience.
                              cq knows what he is doing and always keeps a few aces up his sleeves.
                              biggest negatives were the weather and the referee.
                              positives. simulate a game against arab speakers who seem to hit a nerve with our players. hopefully they will be more composed against morcco in wc.
                              beiro was confident and besides the one dribble he had a very good game.
                              masood was very good, except the unnecessary fouls.
                              karim, vahid, saman, arj, mimo, kaveh were all very good.
                              ramin was decent but has room for improvement, same with ehsan and karimi.
                              cheshmi, khanzadeh, ebrahimi, pejmann were terrible today. I am hoping omid and pejman just had a bad day, cuz we need them.
                              overall a very good friendly in bad weather and horrible officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                                P.S. I have now seen two of the shittiest TM performances since I started watching them when I was 6 years old before the '78 WC since we qualified for this WC!

Anyone who is suggesting that CQ, with all his knowledge of the cosmos and insights into the inner workings of the universe (matched only by the late Stephen Hawking [RIP]), if not divine powers, did not ought to know by now that Cheshmi, Khanzadeh, Ali Karimi (Rev. 2), and Amiri are NOT TM, let alone WC material, either,

a) Don’t understand football
                                b) Are not a real Team Melli fan
                                c) Are just a troll
                                d) All of the above + pea brain idiots + imbecile + Probably supported Brexit!

As Forest Gump would say, "that's all I got to say about that".

I get you're in a sarcastic mood - but take a second to think about what you are saying here.

Look, we know that Jalal, PAG and Montazeri are basically locks for the WC. So that leaves a spot for 1-2 more CB's for the bench. It's not that CQ does not know that Cheshmi and Khanzadeh are not ideal, but its that he needs to decide who will be his 4th or 5th CB. He can't just take 3 - this game and possibly the next 1-2 will be a chance for Khanzadeh or Cheshmi to make an argument for themselves. They won't start, but we still need someone for reserve or god forbid injury coverage. Simple as that, don't know what is so difficult to grasp.

It's not that CQ doesn't know that Ali Karimi is not ideal (btw he had a few good games in a row for TM, today was his only weak game I can remember... not sure where the hate for him comes from) - its that he KNOWS Ezzat will not be playing. So, our two DM for first match will 100% consist of 2 of Hajsafi, Karimi, Ebrahimi. Of course he was going to test them all. Hajsafi and Ezzat are a great combo, but unfortunately Hajsafi with the other 2 leaves something to be desired. So again, this match and the next will be their chance to fight for a spot.

Amiri is good defensively and covers lots of pitch - whether you agree with the philosophy or not, he is likely a lock for the team, unless he really drops off in the next couple months.

It just blows my mind...

** CQ asks for friendlies for preparation and experimenting
                                ** In said friendlies, he tests players to see who is the best bet for the WC
                                ** Experiment shows that some players maybe shouldn't be taken to WC
                                ** Fans get upset at experiment

Would you rather we never played Cheshmi and Khanzadeh?? Then we could throw them into a WC match and be pleasantly surprised at their performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X