No announcement yet.

Iran vs Tunisia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amiri is 99% gonna make the final squad because he does some things much better than any other players.

CQ knows that and that’s why he’s been starting so many games for Iran the last couple of years. He is a team player (rare for a winger), has incredible work rate, the best player when we're pressing, actually pretty formidable defensively for a winger which enables him to win many balls back, and as someone said he’s much more intelligent than he is made out to be.

For the game style that we are playing and especially that we are gonna play in the WC, Amiri has to be a CQ favorite.

That being said, it was far from his best game today, I found him quite poor, but so was the case for many other players

Comment

My player Ratings:
      - Khanzadeh? Seriously don't ever dare put a TM shirt on ever again.
      Cheshmi not TM material either. Way too slow for a CB, and too sooti prone. Maybe at best 4th or 5th backup at DM.
      We played horrible in 2nd half. Overall, if anyone scores against us first, we are screwed.

Note: If I was CQ, I would have crossed off Torabi right there after that miss. We have no room for missing opportunities like that.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
        My player Ratings:
        Cheshmi not TM material either. Way too slow for a CB, and too sooti prone. Maybe at best 4th or 5th backup at DM.
        We played horrible in 2nd half. Overall, if anyone scores against us first, we are screwed.

Note: If I was CQ, I would have crossed off Torabi right there after that miss. We have no room for missing opportunities like that.
        It's true that it seems like CQ's TM never knew how to react when they were a goal behind. We score the first goal so many times that it makes that scenario too rare and difficult to work on. I think we still do not have a "plan B"

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          It's true that it seems like CQ's TM never knew how to react when they were a goal behind. We score the first goal so many times that it makes that scenario too rare and difficult to work on. I think we still do not have a "plan B"
          That is true we end up scoring first in most of our games and we are in business. However I personally don't even think we have enough firepower offensively to to turn a 1-0 defecit to a 2-1 victory even if we have a plan B. I really don't know why we insisting on crossing the ball so much when the only person who can score headers for us is Azmoun. I guess its the only way we can hope to score.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
            I get you're in a sarcastic mood - but take a second to think about what you are saying here.

Look, we know that Jalal, PAG and Montazeri are basically locks for the WC. So that leaves a spot for 1-2 more CB's for the bench. It's not that CQ does not know that Cheshmi and Khanzadeh are not ideal, but its that he needs to decide who will be his 4th or 5th CB. He can't just take 3 - this game and possibly the next 1-2 will be a chance for Khanzadeh or Cheshmi to make an argument for themselves. They won't start, but we still need someone for reserve or god forbid injury coverage. Simple as that, don't know what is so difficult to grasp.

It's not that CQ doesn't know that Ali Karimi is not ideal (btw he had a few good games in a row for TM, today was his only weak game I can remember... not sure where the hate for him comes from) - its that he KNOWS Ezzat will not be playing. So, our two DM for first match will 100% consist of 2 of Hajsafi, Karimi, Ebrahimi. Of course he was going to test them all. Hajsafi and Ezzat are a great combo, but unfortunately Hajsafi with the other 2 leaves something to be desired. So again, this match and the next will be their chance to fight for a spot.

Amiri is good defensively and covers lots of pitch - whether you agree with the philosophy or not, he is likely a lock for the team, unless he really drops off in the next couple months.

It just blows my mind...

** CQ asks for friendlies for preparation and experimenting
            ** In said friendlies, he tests players to see who is the best bet for the WC
            ** Experiment shows that some players maybe shouldn't be taken to WC
            ** Fans get upset at experiment

Would you rather we never played Cheshmi and Khanzadeh?? Then we could throw them into a WC match and be pleasantly surprised at their performance.
            Believe me Ando jaan, I read EVERY comment before I post and I get what you are saying.

As I commented before the match, I did actually want both Cheshmi and Khanzadeh get a chance to gain some experience in this match but beside someone more experienced (i.e. Jalal or Pejman).

You're not doing anyone any favors by putting them in a match where they're going to make mistakes and cost the match like both of these guys did - exactly as it was predicted.

You think either of them is better off [or more confident] coming off a mistake that cost TM its first loss in ages or do you think they would have both been better off and more confident coming off a win against Africa's highest ranked team?

Results do matter at this point... not because of points but because of the confidence building and the team/national psyche going into the tournament - the belief that you can cause an upset is actually 50% of the work to be done [and imagine how Morocco is feeling right now after beating Serbia 2-1... you think they are more confident or less confident going into the 1st match with us?!

I don't mean to be pessimistic, I really am an optimist at heart [but a realist at mind] and I have bought tickets to every WC we qualified for since 1978, including this one, but my best "hope" for this tournament is that CQ beats the number of goals we scored under Talebi (a high school football coach) or Heshmat (i.e. 2 goals), never mind the number of points we got under Talebi.

That's not much to ask for if you really think about it, is it? And we ALL need to start thinking, given our performances thus far since qualifying, whether we will be able to score 3 goals against Spain/Portugal/Morocco, let alone get 3 points.

There's an inherent flaw in our history and national psyche that's preventing us to be more than we are (not just in football) and that is the constant question of are we good enough to be good enough?

We certainly were at some point in our history and we certainly are in many other sports at this juncture in time... IMHO it's time to stop hoping and believing in demigods (e.g. CQ) pulling miracles and just believe in actually going in there and getting the results because we deserve it - like Costa Rica did in the last WC without any major legionaries, 1/20th of our population, almost 1/25th of our size and a fraction of our GDP.
            Last edited by Bi-honar; 03-23-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
              Yeah we should work on Plan B’s or even C’s but with those group of players last night (who never played together) we looked clueless in attack. I am not worried though as i think with our best attackers we can get good counter attacks(just like the Russia match)
              Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

I am sure we all agree now, that contrary to what we all thought and believed, we do not have much depth in players position, especially in Defense and Defensive midfield.

We cannot afford any injury to our main players and they have to be fully fit to play 4-5 games at the WC, if we are to have any chance of advancing from the group.

Comment

Iran vs Tunisia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  Khali naband.
                  If I ran the CIA you would be my first pick as an agent, you have been keeping secrets all these years without exploding

Thats why you have my outmost respect!

And I am not talking about club teams

Good job brother!
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Torabi cheshmi khanzadeh karimi are going to be crossed off for sure,

if they hammered against Tunisia they will be holed against Spain and Portugal

Lets just hope our injured players like Dejagah get well before the WC

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
                      My player Ratings:

True he should have pulled out torabi immediately and sent in a one of them ball thrower kids hanging around the field that would send a message to every forward in Iran including guys that play goal kochik on the streets

Seriously Who would miss a sure 1 on 1 like that

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        For those that missed it (like me), here's the own goal "highlight". It was really just a case of bad luck (although should have been avoided at this level of football). But even if another TM defender was there, or it wasn't fumbled, the other Tunisian attacker was right there, and could have put it in. In the end, if TM would have gotten the PK it was owed, it should have ended in a tie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLM1qmUi7us
                        This video clip just proves how SHIT cheshmi is at 1vs1 defending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

CQ did not know how jack ass some egyptians are. Having a redneck arab just like in the persian gulf games can result the same. A Tunisian referee whould have been put on spot if he did not call the penalty foul. We should have asked for any other referee.

At lease some people learned not to bash Beiranvand. without him the score could have been 3-0

Alipour would have been better than any of the forwads, but CQ may know this and just wanted to show others that they were not good enough.

Cheshmi needs 2 more years of experience so for now cross him out. Rezaeiyan has deteriorated. He was better with Bronko as his coach.
                          Mohammadi definitely showed that he has a fix spot.
                          Omid Ebrahimi made some horrible passes in the center. I was not expecting that and he proved that Dejagah is far above him. Shojai also proved he is better than Omid. Ghodos although was not bad but he had difficulty to go through 2- 3 players in a row. That is where our old Ali Karimi/Azizi is missed. Every team needs a guy who can dribble well. But we fumbled the ball many times. The high balls were are repelled by the Tunis defenders. so log crosses will not work unless Taremi is playing. I would say with Azmoon , Dej and Taremi we would have defeated Tunis. Those 3 are essentially the main skeleton of the team with Beirnvand and Hosseini and Mohammadi. Tunis guys were tall and ran fast and that was one thing they could do anytime they wished. you cannot have slow thinkers and sow defenders. our mid field was less than perfect so good old days when Ando and Neku were there.....

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                            This video clip just proves how SHIT cheshmi is at 1vs1 defending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            True but the real culprit was Montazeri with his childish defending which started the danger.

I expect a lot more from a veteran defender with WC experience.

Comment

Unlike what most people here are saying about Khanzadeh and Cheshmi , many of Iranian football analysts are saying that

Those 2 did a good job !!!!

Source Varzesh3 website

Comment

I agree very much with what Ando Teymoiran Said here , but what bihonar is saying is also valid
                                That why should we loose this game if we had the tools to win it even if it’s just a meaningless friendly
                                Well the reality is that CQ is going to send another experimental squad vs. Algeria to test out different new players and honestly
                                We will not see the reall TM till the Turkey and Greece matches.
                                And those 2 games will be harder than these 2 African teams we are playing

Thank god we have 6 more friendlies left for CQ to find his men

Comment

Working...
                                X