Iran vs Tunisia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And oh BTW

You can be %100 sure that one of either Khanzadeh or Cheshmi will be included in the 23 man final roster

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
      And oh BTW

You can be %100 sure that one of either Khanzadeh or Cheshmi will be included in the 23 man final roster
      Yes, there are going to be 4 central defenders (plus Ansari), and so far we have 3 - Hosseini, PAG, Montazeri.
      CQ is giving Cheshmi and Khanzadeh a run for the last spot. Cheshmi has the advantage that he can be used as defensive midfielder as well.

Comment

Yes that’s right

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          The only conclusion I can draw from this game is that no matter what Arab country we play,.
          Tunisians aren't really arab though...?

Comment

Based on CQ's records in previous world cups for Iran and S Africa, one of Gucci, Ansarifard and K.Rezaei won't be travelling to Russia, and possibly even two!

I've got a suspicion that it may be Gucci!

Comment

CQ is very smart!

... He knows he has options up front and perhaps not getting Sardar or Taremi involved in these early friendlies, is part of his strategy of not revealing too much all at once. His is concentrating on where he has problems and he is testing different options. Perhaps starting Gucci in the game with Tunisia was indicative of him not caring too much at this stage to win every game. He is testing to see how much pressure our mid field and defense line can sustain. In the game with Spain and Portugal it will be all defense that is going to make the difference.

He is looking for Pejman-Hossini-Sadeghi-Pooladi of 2014.

Comment

As CQ said these young players are the soldiers who need to experience fighting in the front line. They will be prone to mistakes and failure.

When an engineer builds an engine, one does not judge his competence as he assesmbles the engine, but wait till the engine is fully functional and operational.

Some of us forget the CQs caliber and level of expertise. He has turned a generation of Iranian players without any super talents into the best Asian team. Let’s trust him, remain patient and rational and let the master complete his task.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Tunisians aren't really arab though...?
                  Last time I checked, the "Arab Spring" started in Tunisia!

Comment

I forgot to add, the best player on the field was Tunisia's goalie. He was solid and made the right decision every time. And he's apparently the backup goalie. Lucky Tunisia.

Comment

cq tested players on his cut list in this match and will test them
                      one last time on tuesday.
                      based on their performance i think these players will be cut:

khanzadeh,torabi,ebrahimi.

these players past the test:

ghoddos,rezaei,karimi.

these players are on the bubble:

gucci,ansarifard

Comment

Guys do you really think in this day and age you could hide your tactics or starting line up from your upcoming opponents?
                        If it was the 60s or 70s I would ok, but you think the Moroccan coaching staff wouldn't have access to tapes of our WCQ games?

I get the trying new players argument, but saying that CQ is smart and is hiding his starting 11 is just a bit silly.

Comment

Iran vs Tunisia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                          Are you kidding me or what ????

Ali Daie can’t touch Ronaldo in a 1000 years man , even if he doesn’t break Daie’s record

Scoring 6 goals vs Maldives and 5 vs Guam is an absolute joke

When it comes to a god of a player like CR 7
                          Iran scoring goals against maldives or guam, at the time Iran wasn’t particularly brazil or portugal either, was it?

Its all relative, also how many times iran played maldives or guam ? Did daei score all of his 110 goals against guam or maldives? Or did he score the rest against teams that were relatively as strong as Iran at the time ?

If Iran’s football was as strong as portugal or brazil playing against saudi arabia bahrain oman maldives and guam sure I would buy your logic, but we were not brazil or portugal by any standard,

There are relatively weak teams in europe aswell to name a few Andorra and san marino for example why isnt christiano scoring 110 goals ?

Your logic is wrong and your comparison is flawed, just like many Iranians in the past 15 years
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Beiranvand did much better than usual but he has proven yet again he lacks basic fundamentals of goalkeeping with his ridiculous slaps of the ball....for crying out loud if Macedonia was able to capitalize off of that what do you think Spain Portugal and Morocco will do?

Cheshmi looked really below average. Khanzadeh I’m not even going to talk about because everyone here knows he’s absolute sh!t it’s really a shame CQ selects him over Majid Hosseini. Also the young ali Karimi has regressed a lot IMO he doesn’t have that sharpness to his game he used to, be looked really lost and full of error. Vahid Amiri is also a waste of space in TM I get why CQ likes him but pretty soon these garbage players need to be cut out.

Now that the rant is over.....that’s exactly why friendlies like this are needed and important. We need to find out these weaknesses now rather than later. Tunisia showed that they are stronger than most Asian teams and are on par with the 5 Asian representatives of the WC so anyone saying this was a shit or useless friendly you’re absolutely out of your mind.

Shojaei, Mohammadi and Rezaeian looked pretty good they were the brighter points for me. I hope CQ continues to give Masoud a big role in the team he is pure class
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I think Cheshmi needs to be reinstalled as DM. At top form and at the right position he can be a beast. After many many matches, we can also forget Rezaeian as RB for crucial international matches. I think Ghafouri is the much the saver option. Keep Rezaeian for the offensive boost. Even at Perspolis he was killing it much more as a RW. He really is turning into a new Hajsafi, who was wasted as LB for a long time. Beiranvand played his best game of the last 2 years. Finally, we saw some passion and fire.

But the most important and interesting part to focus on was the pressing. We were pressing hard, which made Tunisia have couple of turnovers. The is the ultimate sign that CQ is preparing the team for WC, as we saw the same tactics being used in the last World Cup - mostly with Ando doing it back then. None of the teams expects Iran to be that aggressive and I think this is CQ's idea behind it. Even the defenders of Argentina got nervous and blindly kicked the ball out as they were afraid to give the ball away

This requires a lot of stamina and was the reason why we couldn't keep it up against Bosnia. Watch the game again and compare it to the other 2 games. I remember watching the game and realizing in the first times that something is wrong with TM. Our players were too tired from the Argentina match and weren't pressing as usual. However this time we have the squad and can rotate!
                              Formerly known as Persianking!
                              Follow me @
                              instagram/iranscout
                              instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

I don't understand why everybody praising Beinovard. Did he do anything outstanding? He saved a few balls like any other goalkeeper would.

Comment

Working...
                                X