Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andranik Teymourian be called up again as an answer to our DM problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Andranik Teymourian be called up again as an answer to our DM problem?

He has the World Cup experience, played in 2006 and in 2014 so six group games in total. Ando never disappointed me in any game, he always gives full effort and is very dedicated, his corners are fantastic and mostly result in goals as we have seen in the 2015 Asian Cup.

We just need a solid and reliable DM against Morocco, IMO Ando is very suited to fill in this role. He just gets the job done. The only issue is his age, but if he still has the form of few years ago I don't mind...

Now we have the DM problem with Ezatolahi being suspended, Ebrahimi / Karimi falling short in many aspects I think it's logical to consider Teymourian again as a temporary solution, at least try him out in the friendly games.

He still plays regularly for Gostaresh being a captain of his team, he even performed with Team Melli when he was in Qatar so club should not be an issue.

Should he be called up again, yes or no?
    Yes, he should at least be in the 23-man squad
    0%
    No, he isn't worth a place in the team
    0%

The poll is expired.

The ony problem is fitness and form of Teymourian. Can he provide the same quality as in the past which you describe?

I did not watch his matches, and i do not know if he is slow.....without knowing this, i do not know to give the best answer, but my answer now is NO but if Dejagah won´t make the world cup, probably yes..
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

Comment

Although Ando may be too out of shape at the moment but we have called up the old boys at least a couple of times in the recent past to fill empty spots.

In 1997 Namjoo Motlagh was called up for the game against Japan and in 1998 Mohammadkhani for world cup. Both did very well specially Mohammadkhani who was solid as centre D.

Comment

yes times 1000.

In terms of fitness he's in a better shape than Dejaghe. More heart than any in the team, and better defensively than all other DMs combined. If a dude(dejageh) who has played less than 5 games in two seasons is going to get invited, I don't why Someone like Ando can't be.

Ali Karimi is shit and shouldn't even be in the final 23, Ebrahimi kheyli sooti meedeh, and Ezzi is just ok.
        Last edited by The; 03-25-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

2.5 months is enough time to get in top shape ..

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
            2.5 months is enough time to get in top shape ..
            Agreed

He can’t be worse than ebrahimi and karimi

And his corners and FKs are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Experience is to a certain extent. Physique is just a certain aspect to look at, but mental awareness is another. Ando lost his shape dramatically after he came to PGL from QSL, and he hasn't played a lot of games since. Therefore, I do not believe he can contribute as a player, but I'm sure he can as a mentor to the players in that role.

The game against Tunisia was a risky move, because we haven't played with a singular Defensive Midfielder in quite a while. Hence, this thread has been opened up to critisize our current available players.

I can only acknowledge that after the last world cup, we lost two great midfielders - Ando and Nekou - but life goes on. Ezzatolahi is good alongside another DM/CM, but the fact that he is not going to be played in the first game because of his incident we are forced to either play offensively or seek out our current options for the game against Morocco.

In conclusion, No to Ando.

Comment

No. We are going young and have to ride with our young players. Only thing they need is experience, which they'll
                Get at the WC.

Comment

I wish he was fit enough. Technichally,experience and IQ wise is way above our current DMs, but unfortunately, physically he has only been a shadow of Ando.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                    Comparing him to Dejagah is so lol. One's 35, required to play in one of the most physically demanding roles in our system and currently plays alongside some of the world's finest carpet makers having been phased out by CQ. The other is 31 and walked into a English Championship side's team off the back of his sheer natural ability. Lay off our team captain, people, it's not big and it certainly isn't clever given he remains one of the most gifted and intelligent players to have ever represented TM and any minute we can milk that man for is going to prove valuable.
                    Don't get me wrong, Ando will go down as a great once he retires (and rightly so, what a player he was) but he effectively already has as far as TM is concerned. I haven't watched his current performance levels but his legs were going 2 years ago, if he's the answer then we're asking the wrong question. Realistically, if we couldn't trust any of the young guns and we were going to resort to simply relying on an experienced individual in that role, we'd shift Masoud deep but that isn't going to happen, we need energy in that role for the pressing game we so clearly are working towards for the Morocco game. We need to get behind the likes of Karimi and Ebrahimi, they've got it in them to put in a solid 90 minute shift.
                    Get at me when your 31 year old porcelain doll manages to play at least a quarter of a season and not run out of breath after being on the pitch for 50 minutes. If Dejaghe is considered to be in good enough of a shape to be in team melli, then I don't see why Ando can't be. BTW, Ando managed to play in the English Championship as well.

Age isn't always the biggest factor. Dwayne Wade is 36 and right now he is a way more reliable player than a 29 year old Derek Rose(Who at his prime won an MVP, something Wade hasn't done).

At the end of the day I wish we had options not to have to invite a fossil like Ando, or a filter like Dejageh, but unfortunately everyone else sooti zeeyad meedan.
                    Last edited by The; 03-25-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

It's funny, this actually came into my mind a couple of days ago.

If Ezzat wasn't suspended, I would say not necessary - but missing him in the most vital game of the WC changes things.

The last I saw of Ando was about 2-3 months ago I believe.... he definitely isn't as good as he was, but something about big games just makes this guy such a beast.

At the end of the day, I don't know what I would do...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash
                        He has the World Cup experience, played in 2006 and in 2014 so six group games in total. Ando never disappointed me in any game, he always gives full effort and is very dedicated, his corners are fantastic and mostly result in goals as we have seen in the 2015 Asian Cup.

We just need a solid and reliable DM against Morocco, IMO Ando is very suited to fill in this role. He just gets the job done. The only issue is his age, but if he still has the form of few years ago I don't mind...

Now we have the DM problem with Ezatolahi being suspended, Ebrahimi / Karimi falling short in many aspects I think it's logical to consider Teymourian again as a temporary solution, at least try him out in the friendly games.

He still plays regularly for Gostaresh being a captain of his team, he even performed with Team Melli when he was in Qatar so club should not be an issue.

Should he be called up again, yes or no?
                        YES !!!!

Comment

Great question ... has anyone seen his recent play? How has he been? Ando can be the answer.

Comment

Not a bad idea. Karimi was so poor against Tunisia. Gave away easy passes and was so slow. Ebrahimi also had shocking turnovers and he too was unable to control the midfield. Ando shows up for big games and we could use his leadership, sometimes we look like we are severely lacking guidance on the field to reassure the rest of the boys.

Comment

CQ is always good for a surprise call up or 2 right before a tournament.... who knows, maybe Ando will be an ace up his sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                              X