Iran vs Algeria Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how I saw the match today.

* We can play well vs Morocco and possibly against Portugal if Taremi. Ghoddoos, Azmoun, and JB play in our offense and Milmo, Ghafouri, Jalal, and PAG at our D line

* Omid Ebrahimi, Khanzadeh, Pejman Montazeri, and Vahid Amiri should say good bye to NT

* Shojai is not as effective as we thought. He lost the ball so many times.

* We need to work on DM/CM position now. It seems our biggest challenge will be to find few creative and solid players there.

* We need to give some time to Torabi or Alipour to cover our LW. Amiri is out of shape and not effective. Perhaps use HajiSafi

* CQ should let Rashid Mazaheri and Hossini to play for other friendlies. Beiro is ok but not perfect. We need a better back up.

Comment

We have great problems in the midfield and Defense

CQ better pull out a few tricks out of his hat now
      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

As quiet as Azmoun has been this season in Russia, he is deadly in the air and if he gets the right assist, I don’t see many teams defending well against him in the air, including Spain and Portugal

Comment

where is igotlovefor8-0 ? Interesting hes no where to be seen once we return to our typical winning ways.

Comment

The good: Beiran, Hajsafi, Azmoun, Taremi, ARJ, Ghoddos
            The bad: Amiri (the dude runs...but that is it -- CQ should just have him run where ever he sees the ball -- go fetch?)
            -Khanzadeh was better than last game in my opinion. But keep in mind the last four this game was complete different than last four from last game with exception of Khanzadeh.
            *I don't want to rate Montazeri because this guy was in a very bad position. Next to a brainless Giraffe and inexperienced 2nd choice LB. I think he still goofed in some parts though (might be his age? Idk).
            *Ansari is decent the guy needs match practice and STAMINA. He is literally breathless in one clip at around 6 minute mark (WTF?)
            *Khanzadeh...this guy is my last last...last ... last ...last choice (i missed another last). Like if PAG, Hosseini, Cheshmi, Montazeri, and few other CD from PGL are injured then I would invite him. There is a huge hole were he plays. And when he gets some action he fucks it up with the most 'WTF just happened pass'.
            *I miss when there was nice build up from defense to attack. The defense was a mess and a lot of bezan ziresh bebin koja mireh. But I understand we are playing rookies and testing stuff out so its okay.
            - Ezza was okay. In some scene he is a true DM...in other scenes you wonder if he mistook football as water polo.
            -Ansarifard = meh. needs to show up.
            CAN CQ PLEASE PLEASE INVITE BARZAY OVER AMIRI?? PLEASE? I will even opt out for Payam at this point.
            EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Honestly our weakest links as CQ said are our PGPL players.

Ali Karimi in previous friendlies very shaky and unreliable

Khanzadeh nothing special, plus inconsistent and faulty defending

Aghaei was below average

Cheshmi way below average and nerve racking

Montazeri has been disappointing lately

Omid Ebrahimi a shadow of what we see of him with Esteghlal

Amiri below average and a declining player with TM

Taremi and Sardar are definitely two of our most effective and influential players up front. They can be our game changers. Taremi in particular with his physics and great hustling often creates opportunities both for himself and the team. And Azmoun with his precision and last touches are our biggest hopes in WC

Comment

Our front 3 must consist of Taremi, JB and Azmoun for the WC.

Karim and Ghodos can be impact subs.

Khanzadeh and Aghayi arent TM level. Milad Mohamadi and Cheshmi should replace them,

Hajsafi should be starter for sure. However rest of our midfielders are pretty close to each other and in fact, that will be the position which we will struggle.

Comment

CQ does things in such a way that people see he is right. The only thing is that he is the coach of Iran should work with this league and this condition. We can't send every player to Spanish league.
                  On the other hand Amiri, Khanzadeh, Ghafouri, Aghaei and .... were not ready for the world cup. Branko and other clubs should be blamed too. CQ wants to have the players for 40 days.
                  Does he get this time? I say they better give him the players since it is shown that they can't keep them inform.

Comment

Quite disappointed by Masoud yesterday.

The rest was pretty good except for Khanzadeh and Ebrahimi.

In no way Ebrahimi should start alongside Hajsafi, our midfield will be non existent in Russia.

Comment

I am afraid that Masoud is gearing up to perform the way he did in Brazil.

The fans in the stadium were cursing him really badly for all three games, it was not pretty! Just for his lack of hustle and not moving into positions. I think it's much more obvious when you see in the stadium than on TV because you can see the movement of individual players at all times.

It was most obvious in the Argentina game when the other outfield players were all running and fighting, I'm not sure why but Masoud looked really lethargic and, dare I say it, almost lazy. It just was a dichotomy between his drive and the rest of the team.

I want him to go to WC to send a big bilakh to IR I don't think its fair for fans to have heart attacks again shouting at him to do some running and off-the-ball play.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                        Our front 3 must consist of Taremi, JB and Azmoun for the WC.

Karim and Ghodos can be impact subs.

Khanzadeh and Aghayi arent TM level. Milad Mohamadi and Cheshmi should replace them,

Hajsafi should be starter for sure. However rest of our midfielders are pretty close to each other and in fact, that will be the position which we will struggle.
                        We badly need Dejagah in CM. Hopefully he will be fit for the WC.

Comment

Apart from Masoud we don't have a single player who can hold the ball in the middle. Unfortunately Ashkan may not make it, so we are really stuck.
                          My only concern with Masoud is his attitude fluctuations which could cost us in big games. Someone needs to remind him that as a captain he needs to control his temper.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                              LOL what has Algeria achieved in the 21st century besides having a good match against Germany which they lost anyway?
                              They had the easiest group in 2014, they shouldn't brag too much. He talks like they're Brazil LMAO

Comment

^ Iran did not play either of these games to just win. Otherwise Iran would have scored another 2-3 goals on Algeria. Tunisia were more organized Granted they too did not play Iran’s first team.

I expect CQ to test and work with different groups of his players at a time until later before the WC. Unlike Spain Iran cannot show its hands before morocco game.
                                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Working...
                                X