CAN IRAN SHOCK THE WORLD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No!

We could have shocked the worked if we had started our preparation a month earlier, but dumb-ass people like Branko and GN and stupid IFF gave priority to the shitty AFC competition.

Our hope is to have a decent performance and with some luck on our side to make out of the group, but realistically, our chances are not very high.

Comment

we should not hype up expectations. we need to go have a good showing at the world cup.
      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Intresting video, thank you for posting it
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
          No idea who the guy is, although i have seen some threads posted by him (I only recently started following this forum again) - And anyways, I am not sure what your point is?
          Are you trying to mock me? Have some faith in your nation - I feel embarrassed to have countrymen like you.
          relax bero. We are all Team Melli fans here. If you haven’t been active, then yes, you don’t know the problems we’ve been having with DJPedram opening a new thread for every thought or dream that pops into his head. No need to attack my faith in my own country

Comment

Portogal, Spain is ranked 4th and 8th in the Fifa ranking but every one predicts Spain in the world cup would top Portogal and Morocco will top Iran. Therefore Fifa ranking gives os no credible info. If Iran goes to next round it can suddenly go far than that maybe to Final since the teams we will meet are not specially stronger than Spain and Portogal.
            CQ talks always of good preparation. Good preparation was the key to our good game against Argentine. Last world cup he had bunch of amature players. This time we
            have many top scorer in Europa. Our first game against Morocco is a must win. Spain will be difficult but if Portogal is already qualified before the game with us they will
            play relax and we can win. If not then they have to win Iran in the last game come close to our goal to score and with 3 good forwards we can play contra. I am not disappointed at all. Then remember we still don't know how good Spain and portogal really is. Last world cup Holland humiliated Spain 5-1. Portogal has lately lost to Holland 3-0 too.

Comment

This group is a copy of the US group in 2014. Strong African team (Ghana/Morocco), Portugal and a World Cup favorite (Spain/Germany). We are in USA's place. USA was able to do it by beating the African team in their first game, losing to the favorite and tying Portugal.

Comparing the two teams, I see a lot of similarities. USA had a great coach (Klinsmann) who had been managing them for a long time, 3 years. We have had CQ for much longer than that. Klinsmann also went out and recruited many German-born Americans into that team and other quality foreign-based American players, just like CQ has done with players like Ghoddos, etc., and has pushed our players to get better abroad. I also think our team is more impressive than that US team because their better players like Dempsey and Bradley had made their way back to the MLS from Europe while our best players are only just beginning to hit their best years. Therefore, I think we have a great chance to emulate or even eclipse that US team performance. I really don't see why we can't.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                get you a nice cold glass of doogh and some alaf and RELAX lol.
                !

Comment

Hmm we hardly scored against the likes of China, Qatar..I don't think we can against Spain or Portugal.

I mean Belgium scores 8 past Estonia, 4 past Bosnia, 4 past Saudi. But even they struggle against Spain.

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                  CITY

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin K View Post
                    Hmm we hardly scored against the likes of China, Qatar..I don't think we can against Spain or Portugal.

I mean Belgium scores 8 past Estonia, 4 past Bosnia, 4 past Saudi. But even they struggle against Spain.
                    Argentina barely scored against us.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                      True, but still we lost and did not score, we could not defeat Nigeria and losy to Bosnia.

In 2006 we lost against Mexico, could not win against the worse african team, out against Portugal.

1998 we only won to the poorest usa team.

Maybe in offense we are better than 2014 on paper. But still we almost NEVER score more than 1 goal.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                      CITY

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        This Argentina game (game we lost) is becoming the exception confirming the rule. We lost against Bosnia, couldn't beat Nigeria, lost to Sweden, barely won against the world class of China, Syria, SK, Algeria, Montenegro, Tunisia, etc.. No way an unproven team like us can mess with Spain. Since 2008, Spain like Germany is a team that do the job 100% against smallest teams.

Portugal can still be upset but seriously we have too many holes in our squad (DM, CB, GK, Amiri). Our team can put a good performance against Spain and portugal but I see someone (Beiranvand, Amiri, etc..) killing us like Rezaei against Mexico on WC06.

Comment

Some people here will hate me but still I am going to say it...

The question is "WHY should Iran be possible to shock the world?"
                          Someone said Iran has the same position like US, CostaRIca,... But I dont see us in this position.
                          This teamsplayed with heart and gheyrat. And in the last years I miss this gheyrat. 1998 we played with heart and could go to the WC and won against USA. But just watch the game against Ghana or Bosnia of the last WC. We were so nervous i could feel it!
                          It is not important to have players in Top leagues. It is more important to play with 110% energy. Perhaps we can have one draw or win. But Spain will take us apart. perhaps we can have a good game against Portugal like in 2014 against Argentinia and we lose cause of a brilliant moment of CR7. But I dont see more for our boys.

I am just waiting for the wc18 and will enjoy every minute and will have 0 expectations.
                          sigpic

Comment

We always get hyped up before world cup and think we can beat everyone. Truth is that will lose all three games and come back IMO. if you go back and watch our games against nigeria and bosnia, you will see we failed to make 4 consecutive passes. we failed to do anything against not world class team. Dont get your hopes high buddy. what you have to understand is world cup is not just one game, rather three games in a short time. That's why we failed miserably against Bosnia.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darvish_gorgali View Post
                              We always get hyped up before world cup and think we can beat everyone. Truth is that will lose all three games and come back IMO. if you go back and watch our games against nigeria and bosnia, you will see we failed to make 4 consecutive passes. we failed to do anything against not world class team. Dont get your hopes high buddy. what you have to understand is world cup is not just one game, rather three games in a short time. That's why we failed miserably against Bosnia.
                              Live and hope mate!
                              We might do a cheeky Leicester city...

Comment

amaaat can shock the world, but not Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X