Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higuain is overall a better player but Icardi is currently in better form.

As for us, Kaveh is in form where as Gucci has slipped.
    However, Kaveh hasn't done much TM wise to say he 100% deserves it over Gucci.. It can truly go either way.

Comment

Everyone knows Kaveh is the more dynamic and better player right now. But neither will start. They will be brought on with about 15-20 minutes to play if we need a goal. In that circumstance I understand CQ keeping Gucci over Kaveh.
      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHH48C27qYU
        here CQ explain the reason for vouria and seyed jalal.
        It's his logic and explanation that appear to be question mark.

When he seems to be saying he wants to give change to younger defenders because Hosseini is no longer young ( my wording) he makes good argument even if one disagree.
        Confusion comes when he continue to say But Jalal is on standby list in case...).

Is Jalal suppose to get younger?! .If he is old now he will be older a month from now and damaged because of this shock.

He deserved better specially when decision is to exclude him from WC squad.

Comment

Honestly I don't understand why everyone is freaking out. It's not like he left Jahanbaksh or MilMo off the list. While I didn't foresee Jalal being left off, it's honestly not a bad gamble. Here are my thoughts on the list:

Jalal: Yes he has been our defensive leader for the past 7 or 8 years, but he is 36 and coming off injury. No way he can play all three games and thats not good for a defense that needs to gel. From what I have seen from Majid Hosseini I have been very impressed. I believe he has been impressive in training as well. If he and PAG can gel in the next couple friendlies I think its a smart move and sets us up well for the future. Majid + Taha will be our starting defense for a decade.

Kaveh: I've been saying this for the past month. Kaveh is a much more dynamic and stronger forward than Gucci is at this point in there careers. BUT, neither will start. As a 15 minute substitute CQ trust Gucci more than anyone and who can blame him. Kaveh wasn't going to play much, if at all, anyway. Why take a player just to take him?

Vouria: Maybe the most puzzling omission, but I think CQ has his mind made up that Rezaeian would start and more defensive minded players like Khanzadeh could be used as a RB if needed. There was always going to be some difficult cuts and the similarity between Vouria and Ramin made this cut possible.

In the end, I understand why CQ made these moves. It sends a message to the players, play well and anything can happen. I trust CQ.

Comment

If Azmoun get a suspension or is injuried in the middle of WC, are you really sure Gucci (out of form, even the goals he scores last year were moslty tokhmi ones), Ansarifard (playing in a weak euro league, never seen him score in a high level match) or Kaveh (good season in a decent euro league) will still be a 15 minute subsitute?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              If Azmoun get a suspension or is injuried in the middle of WC, are you really sure Gucci (out of form, even the goals he scores last year were moslty tokhmi ones), Ansarifard (playing in a weak euro league, never seen him score in a high level match) or Kaveh (good season in a decent euro league) will still be a 15 minute subsitute?
              Ghoddos can start as a 9 no problem. So can Taremi. We have a ton of options.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

When he seems to be saying he wants to give change to younger defenders because Hosseini is no longer young ( my wording) he makes good argument even if one disagree.
                Confusion comes when he continue to say But Jalal is on standby list in case...).

Is Jalal suppose to get younger?! .If he is old now he will be older a month from now and damaged because of this shock.

Why is that hard to understand? He thinks that because of Jalal's AGE, the players he picked in his place are better suited for the World Cup. Putting Jalal on the standby list does not put his logic into question; it implies that after the players he has picked, we don't really have anyone left that would be suitable at the World Cup level to call up in their place, so Jalal is the next best thing. In case of emergency, we would have to get Jalal because there isn't anyone else as good as him for CQ's plans.

Comment

The way I see it, CQ has replaced a 36 and a 30 years old defenders with a 21 and a 27 years old defenders hence making the defensive line 18 years younger!!!

Quality wise, M. Hosseini is tipped to be one of the best defenders in Asia (Shaefer said it himself) and Khanzadeh is a decent defender who is taller and physically stronger than Vouria. I think he has a better chance to challenge someone like Ronaldo in the air than Vouria!
                  sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                  >-----------------<
                  Marg bar dictator
                  >-----------------<

Comment

I actually don't find Khanzadeh as bad as some people think. He is quite aggressive on ball, sure his positioning is not the smartest and lack some judgement but he is not going to start in WC as CD anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Or that Vouria is left behind supposedly because he wanted instead a more Stay home RB ...!
                      Now tell who in his list of 24 is such a player !? A more defensive, stay home RB, in better form & fitness ..!? Ramin is sure as shit ain’t it ..!? Pejman is nearly as old & slow as Jallal, especially for RWB position & his best playing attribute as a defender is pushing forward & build up from the back ..! Beita wasn’t even afforded a new trial run before getting unceremoniously dumped ..!..!So who else did he have in mind to replace Vouria with ..!??

CQ’s explanations of these 2 omissions make very little sense & there is no way of denying that fact...!

The only sensible explanation I can think of is that he thinks he can surprise our WC group opponents by going with a 3 backline system !? Or with a highly offensive, counter-attacking, New formation ..!!!
                      In which case he needs to be more honest about it in media & hopefully @ a very least to the players themselves in private ..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        Or that Vouria is left behind supposedly because he wanted instead a more Stay home RB ...!
                        Now tell who in his list of 24 is such a player !? A more defensive, stay home RB, in better form & fitness ..!? Ramin is sure as shit ain’t it ..!? Pejman is nearly as old & slow as Jallal, especially for RWB position & his best playing attribute as a defender is pushing forward & build up from the back ..! Beita wasn’t even afforded a new trial run before getting unceremoniously dumped ..!..!So who else did he have in mind to replace Vouria with ..!??

CQ’s explanations of these 2 omissions make very little sense & there is no way of denying that fact...!

The only sensible explanation I can think of is that he thinks he can surprise our WC group opponents by going with a 3 backline system !? Or with a highly offensive, counter-attacking, New formation ..!!!
                        In which case he needs to be more honest about it in media & hopefully @ a very least to the players themselves in private ..!
                        Makes perfect sense to me. Ramin has always been his preferred starting RB and in terms of fitness he is miles ahead of Ghafouri.

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
                          The way I see it, CQ has replaced a 36 and a 30 years old defenders with a 21 and a 27 years old defenders hence making the defensive line 18 years younger!!!

Quality wise, M. Hosseini is tipped to be one of the best defenders in Asia (Shaefer said it himself) and Khanzadeh is a decent defender who is taller and physically stronger than Vouria. I think he has a better chance to challenge someone like Ronaldo in the air than Vouria!
                          I am confident in Majid Hosseini but Khanzadeh scares me. I am hoping we don't have to depend on him because he will get Boatang'd by Ronaldo and Isco.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                            Makes perfect sense to me. Ramin has always been his preferred starting RB and in terms of fitness he is miles ahead of Ghafouri.
                            Ramin had several good performances early in WCQ but has been missing for the past 6-8 months whereas Ghafouri is in prime form based off what he has done with SS

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                              Ramin had several good performances early in WCQ but has been missing for the past 6-8 months whereas Ghafouri is in prime form based off what he has done with SS
                              Key point, what he has done with SS. Ramin has been playing in a much harder league and his conditioning is probably a lot better as if it wasn't already considering he's a superior athlete. Also, he had a bad game against Tunisia if I remember correctly but besides that he's always put in a good shift for TM. I personally would prefer that he starts over Ghafouri.

Comment

"Confusion comes when he continue to say But Jalal is on standby list in case...).
                                Is Jalal suppose to get younger?! .If he is old now he will be older a month from now and damaged because of this shock."

classic case of someone who hates CQ because of non-football related issues, trying to find some thing wrong by turning over one rock after another. First it was the player selection, then it was the number of days he took a vacation, and now it's his strategy ......

Hate to burst your bubble, but GN and the rest of our useless vatani coaches have proven time and time again that they are not qualified or non-biased enough to coach TM. So give it up.

What does the age of the player have to do with a decision to place him on the standby list. Yes, CQ likes to go with younger players, much like 99% of sane coaches in this world. If he placed Hosseini on the backup list it's because he can potentially be brought back, not because of his age, but because some other player is either not ready because of injuries or is stinking it up.
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X