This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
    They're professional athletes and coaches. It's what they signed up for. If they couldn't handle criticism, they wouldn't be where they are.
    What has been going on inside Iran with Perspolis fans against CQ is not "criticism". It's nonstop bashing to the point of openly saying they hope the team loses now that JH is crossed off! I don't know how many of you can read Farsi, but the garbage in social media and comment sections of sports sites have been nothing short of disgusting. Most of them don't even hide it. They're hoping this team loses so CQ gets embarrassed.

Yes, professional athletes should be able to handle criticism, but anyone who understands sport psychology or even basic human nature can understand that it's horrible for a team's morale to go into the world cup feeling like millions of their own countrymen are routing against them! I've reached a point where I honestly hate Perspolis now. I had no idea there were so many idiots in that country willing to turn against their own national team so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
      lol, so me and some PFDC members discussing the possible reasons why Vouria Ghafouri wasnt invited to TM creates hashieh for TM? thats a new...

like Baggi said, if TM is actually sitting and reading Yashar from Toronto's comments and losing their concentration at training or losing sleep over it, we are in big trouble...
      1. I'm not sure why you're defending yourself, I never addressed any individual member.
      2. You are arguing against a straw man, as I clearly wasn't telling you or anyone else that your specific comments alone have any bearing on TM success. Instead, I am arguing that overall, we are tacitly accepting our media and fans to be negative by being negative ourselves. The list is done, and being negative provides nothing for TM, and even though Taremi himself might not read your post to Azmoun tonight, the arguing here is reflected on Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, etc. All of these social media's negative bickering going into the World Cup gets picked up by our media, international media, and CQ will be fighting off questions of "Where is Hosseini" for the next 3 weeks instead of all focus on TM.

You can minimize the argument to your own little nucleus, but ignoring that your comments compounded upon thousands of others will get to CQ and the players. You are mistaken if you don't believe that the arguments we have here do not have any impact. I wish Messi, one of the greatest players in the world was a professional and wouldn't be phased by hashieh and media bs surrounding his Argentina participation, but alas, he is apparently not professional enough, unlike our TM players...

Comment

Originally posted by krol View Post
        What has been going on inside Iran with Perspolis fans against CQ is not "criticism". It's nonstop bashing to the point of openly saying they hope the team loses now that JH is crossed off! I don't know how many of you can read Farsi, but the garbage in social media and comment sections of sports sites have been nothing short of disgusting. Most of them don't even hide it. They're hoping this team loses so CQ gets embarrassed.
        Yes, professional athletes should be able to handle criticism, but anyone who understands sport psychology or even basic human nature can understand that it's horrible for a team's morale to go into the world cup feeling like millions of their own countrymen are routing against them! I've reached a point where I honestly hate Perspolis now. I had no idea there were so many idiots in that country willing to turn against their own national team so easily.
        Sure, except once again, they're athletes. It comes with the territory. It's not like Iran is the only country that deals with this. Italians root against the nt all the time because it's dominated by Juventus players. In fact in the 1990 world cup Maradona got the city of Napoli to root against the Italian nt in their own country.

The players should be avoiding social media imo. But if they're not, I'd hope they'd be strong enough mentally and mature enough to use any negative comment as fuel/motivation to put in a good performance and prove them wrong. It's all a matter of how they decide to look at it. It's a lot easier for 23 players to work on how they react to these things than to try and alter millions of ignorant peoples' behavior.

Regardless, in these forums for the most part everyone is trying to have a productive conversation about TM. I haven't seen any overtly negative or malicious comment. People are just trying to understand CQ's decisions. Productive conversations and rational back and forths help everyone get an understanding of different perspectives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
          Regardless, in these forums for the most part everyone is trying to have a productive conversation about TM. I haven't seen any overtly negative or malicious comment. People are just trying to understand CQ's decisions.
          Sorry. For SOME this may be true. But there are just as many who have hated this coach, refused to give him a fair shake and tried to twist around everything he does, and they do it for the dumbest reasons ranging from xenophobia to childish notions of what "good football" has to look like.

Comment

Great pic - look at the guys, Ghoddos just behind Jahanbakhsh. Azmoun with Taremi. Milad looking badass. Gholizadeh looking like an excited imp. They look like a confident bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              Great pic - look at the guys, Ghoddos just behind Jahanbakhsh. Azmoun with Taremi. Milad looking badass. Gholizadeh looking like an excited imp. They look like a confident bunch.

[ATTACH]17988[/ATTACH]
              where can I get the shorts ? lool

Comment

[ATTACH]17988[/ATTACH]
                LOOOL Gucci is the only one with a typical Irooni seating style hehe
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

lol at Karim's face haha

Comment

they're a family. i expect a big surprise at this world cup. we've had one win in four WC's. who knows maybe we'll double that this time around
                    SHOW TIME!

Comment

[ATTACH]17988[/ATTACH]
                      Wow, Taremi is the last I would have expected to be rocking the New Balances.

And why is Ramin wearing some orthotics from the 1950’s?

Comment

i love the pic, it show how united the team is, and i am having high hopes for tm

Comment

Wait, isn’t Kaveh with the team anymore, in Turkey?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                            Wait, isn’t Kaveh with the team anymore, in Turkey?
                            He got cut.

Comment

Taremi looks funny with his naazeh looking hair style and goofy smile..!
                              love that pic though, everyone happy and in good spirit and excited..!!
                              at the same time makes me feel sad for the Kaveh, Seyed Jalaal and Vouria..!! they must be gutted .....!!
                              especially so Kaveh who worked his ass off this year and gave it a great go for Russia and same with Vouria..!
                              i guess, Jalaal been there done that, his possible phase-out and omission was a long while coming .... !!
                              he still is such a Defensive Beast and was the Anchor to TM defense for sooo many games in the past...!
                              him and Ando are both so deserving of a proper Retirement, Sent off game..!! but knowing the jackass khasis assholes running IFF im not so sure we would ever see that happen..!!
                              Last edited by BacheLot; 05-25-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                                He got cut.
                                Wait what?! How the F is that possible, a guy who teared the Belgian league apart?! And an injured Dejagah is with the team?

Comment

Working...
                                X