Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of PGL and former PGL legends are dumbfounded by the selections.

Some like Mehrdad Minavand are asking that CQ see a psychologist!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      and how can Reza Gucci be there ahead of Kaveh Rezaei?!!! He's not the same player anymore....
      i agree he is not the same player, but gucci has experience and has scored a goal in world cup, i think TM defense is this

ramin rezaein pouralighanghi pejman montazeri milad mohamad

i was surprised karim is midfield, i guess with weak defensive mid they put him there

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
        I don't get it. What was the point of inviting Beitashour if he was just gonna get cut before even showing up to camp?
        Imagine you are on the plane to Turkey and when you arrive you hear that you have been cut. That must be the most shitty feeling ever for a footballer. If I was Beitashour I would feel shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
          Chill guys, I'm pretty sure that this is not the final list. It wouldn't make sense to come up with a final list before our last few friendlies + camp. We have until the 4th of June to send in the final list and I'm sure some things will still change until then.
          the only think i can see is CQ want to test the other defenders against turkey and greece if they dont play well they can replace him with seyed jalal and kaveh can come in for another player, seyed jalal is the surprise for me, but for me i trust CQ. i know what he is doing, hence i will wait and see what happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            Imagine you are on the plane to Turkey and when you arrive you hear that you have been cut. That must be the most shitty feeling ever for a footballer. If I was Beitashour I would feel shit.
            Especially when you don’t get the chance to prove yourself whereas players like Dejagah have been clubless for a good 2 years making the team. Kaveh got hosed big time as well

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
              I don't get it. What was the point of inviting Beitashour if he was just gonna get cut before even showing up to camp?
              He was never invited. 35 man preliminary list is mandatory by FIFA so you only have 12 players to pick from if injuries occur. Some teams announce it some teams just give it to FIFA and name a list of 23. Queiroz chose to announce it but players that didn’t even show up to camp like beitashour, ansari, rafiei, abdollahzadeh, noorafkan, aghaei, are just 3rd/4th string players on the list in case of injuries.

Comment

TM list

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                ??????

you either bring IRAN's flag (SHIR O KHORSHID) or go naked or hold a "dasteh beel" and wave it around. No different than bringing any of those.
                derafshe kavian is NOT Iran's flag.

high time Iranians made a proper, concise stand on such matters.
                not the wishy-washy, noncommittal, maybe-this-maybe-that that many of us have been doing for the past 40 years.
                stand your ground.
                when ppl are doing it INSIDE Iran under that repressive regime, surely you OUTSIDE in the free word can at least do that much
                Its obvious that this poor fellow doesnt know anything about shir o khorshid flag or derafsh kaviani or shah or monarchy

Dont bother explaining knowledge gathered from few thousand pages of history/political books only to have him come back with another wrong statement

Leopard no offense brother, but its better if you stuck with football comments and left your flag comments off of this thread as it will turn the thread into a history class

I still strongly think that comment (Leopard) made was a joke, an outcome of his Saturday night drinking hangover

Cheers
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

The more I think about it, CQ just went off the deep end. Literally all of us and all of iran are struggling to understand the omissions of Jalal (who is an ever present in tM and one of CQ's most trusted players), one of the best player of the year in Vouria, and one of the MVP's of belgian league, Kaveh. He really needs to explain these fucking choices. Whats weird is that all three are on standby, maybe they will all make it.

Comment

Disappointed with the exclusion of Kaveh and Ghafouri, less so about Hosseini, he has slowed down a lot and I honestly do not feel comfortable with him in the back against world class strikers. I think our WC pairing will likely be PAG and Majid Hosseini.

IMO Majid Hosseini will be the surprise of this world cup, fantastic player, physical but also good with his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                      Nobody here thinks that CQ is maybe forced to select some players ?
                      who can force him??????i dont think so, i just think he think pejman and pouralighangi is better combo, also i might think he want to test the defenders agaisnt turkey and greece, if they dont fit change with the standby players

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Then why was this announced? The chances a standby player gets called into the Main squad is very slim I don’t even think Hosseini Ghafouri and kaveh are with TM right now they went to visit rouhani today and none of them were with the team
                        I think it's somehow a way to extra motivate the couple of players that CQ is doubting about and whom did not have really good performances lately, like players like Ghoochannejhad, Khanzadeh etc.

I wouldn't pay that much attention to these terms as "standby players" and all that. I would be very surprised if this was the final list, even before the camp with all players has even started (plus the last few friendlies).

I hope that I'm not wrong...
                        Last edited by Amin_; 05-20-2018, 10:12 AM.
                        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          Honestly I feel like Carlos gave up on the DM issue and is going to take some serious risks this World Cup, wanting to score goals and build for the future with young players. Also he will maximize his attacking options I believe, since there lays our strength.

He might start with a 4-1-4-1:

Abedzadeh

Mohammadi - M. Hosseini - Pouraliganji - Rezaeian

Hajsafi

Jahanbakhsh - Dejagah - Ghoddos - Taremi

Azmoun
                          that can be possible, for the first game, ghoddos can track back and front, and when needed change taremi with masoud and put masoud and dejagah in middle and ghoddos right. also we can bring in gucci. i know seyed jalal should have been selected, but lets wait and see june 4 if the 2 defenders will be taken, lets see if against turkey and greece the defenders can play and do something

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                            Disappointed with the exclusion of Kaveh and Ghafouri, less so about Hosseini, he has slowed down a lot and I honestly do not feel comfortable with him in the back against world class strikers. I think our WC pairing will likely be PAG and Majid Hosseini.

IMO Majid Hosseini will be the surprise of this world cup, fantastic player, physical but also good with his feet.
                            I seriously doubt he'd even touch the pitch.

most probably it's going to be PAG-Montazeri combo for the entire 3-4 (5???? ) games

Comment

Rahman Rezaei also think the list may change and that is CQ way of probably motivating some players...

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1525219...A9%D9%86%D8%AF

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                The more I think about it, CQ just went off the deep end. Literally all of us and all of iran are struggling to understand the omissions of Jalal (who is an ever present in tM and one of CQ's most trusted players), one of the best player of the year in Vouria, and one of the MVP's of belgian league, Kaveh. He really needs to explain these fucking choices. Whats weird is that all three are on standby, maybe they will all make it.
                                He needs to explain nothing, to nobody, especially not to the oghdei guys like Minavand, Branko, Karimi and so on, CQ must deliver nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X