This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
    Disappointed with the exclusion of Kaveh and Ghafouri, less so about Hosseini, he has slowed down a lot and I honestly do not feel comfortable with him in the back against world class strikers. I think our WC pairing will likely be PAG and Majid Hosseini.
    IMO Majid Hosseini will be the surprise of this world cup, fantastic player, physical but also good with his feet.
    Very true. About Ghafouri I think friendliness against African sides has been the reason. He loses the ball when he is against Strong African player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      I still think they're going to change the list on June 4th.
      When members such as yourself say such things - it gives me hope.

Comment

Kaveh deserved it more than Gucci. Anyday

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
          F**k Karimi

Let’s just focus on TM from now on
          he always does this. such a bigheyrat. He ruined TM atmosphere back in 2006. IMO, that TM was by far the best squad we had and he ruined it. Now again Indirectly doing it. KOSKHOLE
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            When members such as yourself say such things - it gives me hope.
            I don't think they can change the list. This is why there are reserves. This list is final and has been submitted to FIFA!

Comment

Some thoughts: young Hosseini replacing old Hosseini is very surprising, but as much as I love Seyed Jalal, I was very worried about his declined speed when facing such quality opposition. Like in 2015, when he suddenly very successfully introduced Pouraliganji for Asian Cup, I hope the same can happen with Majid and what I saw from the young man so far makes me very optimistic.

While I share the concern about Cheshmi, I understand his height might be useful in some situations. And I simply do not share the hatred towards Khanzadeh. He's a solid defender and was always better than Cheshmi in recent games, also impressed me with his technique when lined up as right-back yesterday. The combo of two offensive full-backs would have always surprised me against Spain and Portugal, so I am expecting him to be an option for these games, exactly like Montazeri was playing as right-back four years ago.

Upfront we all knew it wouldn't be Gucci and Kaveh, considering we have so many good center striker options (still wondering how anyone thought Alipour could make it). Looking at what Gucci has delivered in crucial moments and that he scored as many goals as Kaveh on club level this year, I would have taken almost any bet he'd get the nod - at least until yesterday when he showed an extremely poor display.

So overall, despite being surprising and despite the fact that I would have selected a slightly different squad, there is nothing crazy about this selection.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                I don't think they can change the list. This is why there are reserves. This list is final and has been submitted to FIFA!
                I agree. Some members here are smoking some good stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

I am leaving the forum . we have enough shaholaai with long term dreams here. They make a great company together. One can play dohol and another santoor and others dance to the music. enjoy your dreams.

Comment

I am extremely shocked and disappointed that Seyed Jala and Ghafouri are not on the list. Truly shocking, both are completely deserving of starting. Seyed Jalal is still a good defender and not to mention the intangibles like experience and leadership. Truly shocking he is not included.

The Kaveh snub is not that bad in my opinion. We have a glut of striking options and although Gucci has in recent times played poorly for TM, he seems to show up for important matches. Gucci also has far more experience. A legit argument can be made for either guy making the cut but its not that shocking or disappointing to see Gucci make it over Kaveh.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                      Why is there 24 names though? It makes no sense and means there is guaranteed to be a change to the list before 4th June because at least one name will have to be crossed off so this is not a final list for sure.

Comment

The only thing I see is that seyyed jalal has defenitly lost an step as far as speed and he is also 36 and injury prone

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          Why is there 24 names though? It makes no sense and means there is guaranteed to be a change to the list before 4th June because at least one name will have to be crossed off so this is not a final list for sure.
                          Agreed, i may be wrong, but sometimes off about it. It's fishy. We will wait and see.

Comment

Guys, here look at this:"The final 23-man squad will have to be announced by June 4."

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...s-squad-to-24/

This being said DON'T EXPECT ANY BIG CHANGES. I think he's just going to cut the one extra player!

Comment

As many as football fans are here, there might be equal number of variance in the list of NT players if we were to be the head coach of NT. All I have to say is to trust CQ and respect his experience and knowledge and support the NT.

Comment

Average age of the squad is 26.5 btw and average height 1.84m (6 ft 3 in).
                                Last edited by Martin-Reza; 05-20-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X