This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
    Hopefully this time CQ will come with an explanation unlike in 2014 where he didn't comment anything on Khalatbari.
    Why do you think he should explain himself ??
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Hopefully this time CQ will come with an explanation unlike in 2014 where he didn't comment anything on Khalatbari.
      I think he did comment on Khalatbari. From what I remember he said something in the lines that it's been very difficult for him to exclude very good players but at the end of the day he could only select 23 players bla bla bla, etc.

Comment

Really miss Noorafkan on the list. should have been our CDM beside Hajsafi in the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
          Why do you think he should explain himself ??
          He needs to explain to millions of angry Iranian fans why he didn't include the best CB & RB in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            I think he did comment on Khalatbari. From what I remember he said something in the lines that it's been very difficult for him to exclude very good players but at the end of the day he could only select 23 players bla bla bla, etc.
            I remember that he said about Khalatbari that he was physically small and a liability against strong European and African teams. It was the biggest mistake CQ did last cycle. I blamed him for 3 things. 1. Crossing Khalatbari from team 2. Not taking Azmoun 3. Taking injured defenders over quality creative midfielders to WC and emphasizing too much on physicality instead of creativity and intelligence. I didn't mind him kicking out Rahmati and Aghili or even his shenanigans with Jabbari. I even held him less accountable in not including Ali Karimi in middle of WCQs but many of his decisions came back to hunt us later. I can see the same cycle happening all over again.

Comment

He needs to explain to millions of angry Iranian fans why he didn't include the best CB & RB in the team.

Iranian fans shouldn't be angry, we haven't even played a single world cup match yet! If anything we should be appreciative that this guy has included us in the last 2 wc's.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                Jalal has been old for a long time, this isnt a new thing. He started all of our WCQ games except like 2, and started all recent major friendlies. It just dawned on CQ now that he might be too old and slow?
                He had such a strong presence that it seems so, but actually he has been used less by CQ in recent matches. In last 15 TM matches, he started in just 3.
                Read this Navad article to see how he has been slowly phased out by CQ :
                http://90tv.ir/news/454593/حذف-تدریج...ار-نبود

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                  I remember that he said about Khalatbari that he was physically small and a liability against strong European and African teams.
                  I did not agree with CQ for not bringing Khalatbari to the WC. In fact, I was more shocked about it then than I was shocked about Hosseini and Ghafouri now. But CQ never said that about Khalatbari. He was talking in general and some people in different forums rather referred that to Khalatbari.

Comment

At least CQ had the balls to cut an ageing player from the roster, something Branko lagged (big balls) when he included an ageing and slow Ali Daei in the main roster in WC2006.
                    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                    >-----------------<
                    Marg bar dictator
                    >-----------------<

Comment

Question

So I am confused

Are we allowed 24 players for the Final WC roster or 23 ????

Comment

I'm not angry and I think if you are angry you are part of the problem not the solution
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                          So I am confused
                          It's 23, he's going to cut a player by June 4th or 6th can't remember the exact date!

Comment

For me Vouria is the only sad exclusion. How many minutes did Seyed Jallal get to play in the last 5 games? A great player and a totally dedicated servant to the country but I just Can’t see him keep up with Ronaldo and the likes.

At the end of the day CQ chooses the team and he is responsible for results not us, so he will continue to have my support.
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              So I am confused

23, 1 more player to be omitted
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Realist

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X