Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Turkey - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (28.05.2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is our hardest friendly before the worldcup. Expect to see our best 11 for this match.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
      Is Turkey stronger than Morocco on paper?
      imo yes
      sigpic

Comment

In my opinion, Morocco has a much stronger defense but turkey has a stronger attack than morocco. If we can manage to avoid conceding versus turkey that is very good.

Comment

Here's my take: On paper, they are about even.. However, Morocco has a much better manager (Renard), and has managed a team with excellent chemistry. Turkey is unfortunately not very well coached right now and doesn't have the same chemistry as Morocco.

Advantage: Morocco

We really have a very very difficult group...

Comment

based on personnel turkey have upper hand. The attacking midfield three of Calhonoglu, Yazici, Under supporting Cenk Tosun is really formidable. And they have strong alternatives from bundesliga in Yunus Malli and Karaman. plus they have good young defender in Soyuncu (rumoured to be close to moving to arsenal), and top defensive midfielder Ozyagup. Their issue has always been chemistry and coaching. For that reason, Morocco is a way better team, bc they have blended talent with chemistry and coaching.

It will be a real test but if CQ plays the real lineup and not a bunch of idiots, then I expect us to hold our own and produce a good match. If not, it will probably be a tie or narrow loss, with the same lack of flow and choppy match that we have seen for most of our friendlies, which has been really dissapointing tbh, bc at this stage you expect the starters to be finding chemistry and the team to be developing confidence and flow.

Comment

Morocco is 100% stronger than Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                based on personnel turkey have upper hand. The attacking midfield three of Calhonoglu, Yazici, Under supporting Cenk Tosun is really formidable. And they have strong alternatives from bundesliga in Yunus Malli and Karaman. plus they have good young defender in Soyuncu (rumoured to be close to moving to arsenal), and top defensive midfielder Ozyagup. Their issue has always been chemistry and coaching. For that reason, Morocco is a way better team, bc they have blended talent with chemistry and coaching.
                It will be a real test but if CQ plays the real lineup and not a bunch of idiots, then I expect us to hold our own and produce a good match. If not, it will probably be a tie or narrow loss, with the same lack of flow and choppy match that we have seen for most of our friendlies, which has been really dissapointing tbh, bc at this stage you expect the starters to be finding chemistry and the team to be developing confidence and flow.
                Enough trying things. CQ needs to start a strong line up our players need to develop chemistry.

Comment

I just hope that our starting XI involve MiMo, Jahanbaksh, Azmoun, Taremi, PG,
                  Ghoddos and maybe even Dejagah.

I really dont want to loose to turks. But i think our hardest friendly will be against
                  our ancient rival Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                    Morocco is 100% stronger than Turkey.
                    Not really bro, they might have a better defence, but Morocco doesn't have such a great attacking line, overall Turkey is a strong team, but not well managed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      Thanks bro, referees are added to initial post.
                      Anytime brother! Keep it up with the fantastic match threads. Some good ones coming up

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
                        Not really bro, they might have a better defence, but Morocco doesn't have such a great attacking line, overall Turkey is a strong team, but not well managed.
                        I've watched most of Turkey's qualifying matches and friendlies as I'm half Turkish. Most of our players are domestic based without much international experience mixed in with our experienced players who have failed to perform in the last couple years. We sacked the manager and nothing changed as we need to to through a transitional period.

Morocco and Egypt are definitely stronger atm. Trezeguet was the best winger in Turkey this season and he's better than our NT wingers like Potuk, Mor. Maybe only Under can compete but Trezeguet would have easily matched his numbers with Roma.
                        I've watched enough of Morocco to know that they'd take Turkey apart with relative ease in 2018.

Comment

Will turkey even field a strong squad? Just read an article saying they will field an experimental squad

Comment

I've watched most of Turkey's qualifying matches and friendlies as I'm half Turkish. Most of our players are domestic based without much international experience mixed in with our experienced players who have failed to perform in the last couple years. We sacked the manager and nothing changed as we need to to through a transitional period.

Morocco and Egypt are definitely stronger atm. Trezeguet was the best winger in Turkey this season and he's better than our NT wingers like Potuk, Mor. Maybe only Under can compete but Trezeguet would have easily matched his numbers with Roma.
                            I've watched enough of Morocco to know that they'd take Turkey apart with relative ease in 2018.
                            Morocco is strong but I think you’re giving them too much credit; they aren’t a powerhouse team. Strong defense got them through African qualification

Comment

Morocco is definitely a better coached team and they have bigger names playing in bigger clubs such as Benatia and a young Hakimi. But potential wise i dont think Turkish national team is weaker than Morocco, a good coach like Abdullah Avcı could make a huge impact if he was the head coach.
                              Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
                                Morocco is strong but I think you’re giving them too much credit; they aren’t a powerhouse team. Strong defense got them through African qualification
                                All I'm saying is that they're stronger than Turkey. Turkey would have struggled to finish above Ivory Coast in group C.

Comment

Working...
                                X