Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Turkey - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (28.05.2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
    a good coach like Abdullah Avcı could make a huge impact if he was the head coach.
    He was previously our manager and I don't he got treated fairly in the same manner that Terim receives. He's done some good things in the league this season and I wouldn't be opposed to having him back at the helm. Lucescu needs sacking for losing 0-3 at home to Iceland.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
      All I'm saying is that they're stronger than Turkey. Turkey would have struggled to finish above Ivory Coast in group C.
      Ivory Coast isn’t really that strong this last year buT I see what you’re saying

Comment

Originally posted by Farbakhsh View Post
        Holy fuck, this is not going to be a friendly... someone could get hurt in this match... both teams won't want to lose to each other.
        Also, why did this take 44 years?!?!
        Someone could get hurt in this match lol??? What are you going to say when we face Greece and their defenders and they turn 300 on our asses and want to avenge their ancestors. It's going to be like Sokratis saying THIS IS SPARTA!!! Then kicks and injures one our players

Edit: IMO these are a bad choice of friendlies nearing so close to the WC, both teams (Turkey and Greece) are physically demanding *knocks on wood* could see some injuries :|

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
          Someone could get hurt in this match lol??? What are you going to say when we face Greece and their defenders and they turn 300 on our asses and want to avenge their ancestors. It's going to be like Sokratis saying THIS IS SPARTA!!! Then kicks and injures one our players

Edit: IMO these are a bad choice of friendlies nearing so close to the WC, both teams (Turkey and Greece) are physically demanding *knocks on wood* could see some injuries :|
          well we ask for challenging friendlies now we got them. This is part of challenging friendlies, opponents that at least partially represent world cup level physicality and intensity.

Comment

I've watched most of Turkey's qualifying matches and friendlies as I'm half Turkish. Most of our players are domestic based without much international experience mixed in with our experienced players who have failed to perform in the last couple years. We sacked the manager and nothing changed as we need to to through a transitional period.

Morocco and Egypt are definitely stronger atm. Trezeguet was the best winger in Turkey this season and he's better than our NT wingers like Potuk, Mor. Maybe only Under can compete but Trezeguet would have easily matched his numbers with Roma.
            I've watched enough of Morocco to know that they'd take Turkey apart with relative ease in 2018.

So moroco is brazil all of a sudden lol

Comment

Turkey are a solid European team but not top class. They are on the level of Ukraine, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Hungary, Norway, Czech, Wales, Austria, Montenegro, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Albania, Israel, Bosnia, Estonia, Slovenia.

All of these teams are troublesome for any non European country, but at the same time they can all be defeated because they aren't the best of the best.

Greece though I would rank on a higher tier but one just below the best of the best which are Spain/France/Portugal/Germany.

I couldn't be happier with these friendlies, we are going to be challenged in just the right amount to get ready for challenges such as Morocco, Portugal and Spain

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
                Exactly, they are a strong team but not a powerhouse like many are making them sound like. I would much rather have morocco than Nigeria.

Comment

I think the biggest weakness of Iranians overall in sports is that they think other countries are beasts and they are not. it is so bad for mental confidence.. all that comes back because the lack of proper preparation all year around.
                  TM has great potential only if the players belive in themselves, just look at Iran vs Argentina 2014, that is what will happen if they are confidence.. despite all the lack of preparation.. fit they have the mental readiness we will be superior to morocco.

Comment

We will either win 1-0 or it will end in a 1-1 draw.

Don’t have high expectations guys! Remember, this is a friendly game to prepare our team for the World Cup. So please try and be patient. Think before you post as whatever the result of this match will be is not a reflection of how we will do at the World Cup.

Comment

We really need to beat Turkey. Let it be revenge for them forcing their 1000+ episode-long soap operas into Iranian culture.

My parents binge watch that shit. They need help.

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
                        According to your logic, only a team of Brazil's quality can beat Turkey? I doubt you've watched much -if not any - of Morocco or Turkey. If Iceland can beat Turkey 3-0, what makes you think Morocco can't? I've definitely watched more of Morocco than anyone here as they're a CAF rival to Egypt. Underestimate them at your own risk. They're stronger than any team Iran will have faced in Asia.

Comment

According to your logic, only a team of Brazil's quality can beat Turkey? I doubt you've watched much -if not any - of Morocco or Turkey. If Iceland can beat Turkey 3-0, what makes you think Morocco can't? I've definitely watched more of Morocco than anyone here as they're a CAF rival to Egypt. Underestimate them at your own risk. They're stronger than any team Iran will have faced in Asia.
                          The use of "Brazil" here is figurative and not literal. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
                            The use of "Brazil" here is figurative and not literal. Thank you.
                            That still is a poor metaphor used in this case as Morocco is indeed a stronger NT than Turkey currently. If they play like 'Morocco'' of the ACN AND WCQ, Turkey would lose in most instances. Nigeria is of similar quality.

Where's that Moroccan Expert dude? He'll know all this already.

Comment

That still is a poor metaphor used in this case as Morocco is indeed a stronger NT than Turkey currently. If they play like 'Morocco'' of the ACN AND WCQ, Turkey would lose in most instances. Nigeria is of similar quality.

In my opinion Nigeria is stronger than Morocco. Either way, if turkey plays a strong line up, it will be a good test for TM. Especially because they pose a much stronger attacking threat than Morocco.

Comment

There is no doubting morocco is a good team, stronger than turkey. What we are getting at is that we need to stop this inferiority complex we have on the world stage. Iran has the talent and coaching to go toe to toe with these teams, at least give them a run for them money. Our u17 team when into WC fearless, because they played france and mexico in friendlies right before the tournament and beat them 4-0. Then they went into WC with a ton of confidence and a goal that they would reach semi finals. They smashed Germany 4-0, beat Costa Rica comfortably, beat zambia, and beat mexico, and only lost 3-1 to eventual finalists spain.

Comment

Working...
                                X