Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Turkey - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (28.05.2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jahanbaksh, Dejagah, Gucci and Saman must play from start

Comment

Gucci is

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        I'm confused - you jumped from 1985 to 1995...?

Your argument can be for most of Iran's team many of whom have only played "low-level soccer in Iran".

Fact is that MohammadKhani-Khakpour partnership and Golmohammad/Sohrab-Rezaei partnerships performed much better in WC than expected with average ages of ~34. Jalal Hosseini is fitter than these players.

We have had many defenders of advanced age who play much better in WC than expected because as I keep repeating, for a centre-back, experience is everything in world cups.

MohammadKhani, Bakhtiarizadeh, Golmohammadi may be only IPL players but they performed a lot better than expected in the cups. Passarrella, Baresi, Couto, Beckenbauer, Costacurta.... 36 and 34 aren't particularly different for a centre back if they are still reasonably fit, as we have seen from Maldini and numerous others. Jalal at 36 is still a calming influence.
        Yes I made a mistake reading his wiki profile.

There is two ways to be better than your opposition. You either have better physique or better technique. We know we don't have the technique of Spain or Argentina, but we can match them physically.

CQ and his coaches are choosing their players based on physicality.

Comment

Gucci, Ghoddos, AJB, and Dejagah over the rest of the scrubs that were playing up front today.

As for defense: Rezaeian is a bigger liability than Cheshmi.

Comment

Originally posted by metallica69 View Post
            Really possession against A team like Italy is not a big deal? It’s no like Italy is playing against Spain? I’ve been an Italy fan since 1990.
            Italy is the father of catenaccio. Their whole football is based on minimal possession, counters and letting opponents make mistakes.

Comment

This was an absolute embarrassment by TM. Probably the worst performance of TM in the last 3-4 years.

The 2nd part of the first half we looked decent but the remaining 3/4th of the match it was painful to watch. Worst part is that this was basically our main starting 11 for majority of the match.

If we struggle like this against a 2nd rate European team like Turkey, we are in for a very disappointing WC. I am officially very very worried.

Comment

Haha Wgat a ref. what happened to the injury time wasted in the penalty incident???
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

we have no hustle. when in possession everyone walks. NO BODY PLAYS OFF THE BALL!!!

Can we make a through pass up the middle to save our lives? Does TM only think we can only score off crosses?

Comment

Totally disapointing to loose against Turkey.
                    And two friendlies against Greece and Lithuania wont change much.

We should park the bus and hope that we not going to loose
                    5 or 6-0 to spain.

Comment

I don't think it's time to panic yet.

All of the team's problems can be solved.

- Shojaei out for Ghoddos.
                      - Cheshmi out for either Hosseini.
                      - Rezaeian out for Ghafouri.

I'm glad these players showed their weaknesses now so that CQ actively starts considering other options.
                      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

lol, wow really? boro dahaneto beshoor. hich Arab e az Iran strong tar nist.

Comment

what's this guy mohases smoking? this guy was watching another game
                          sigpic

Comment

Now the boys can go to the locker room and celebrate Real Madrid victory in peace

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
                              This was an absolute embarrassment by TM. Probably the worst performance of TM in the last 3-4 years.

The 2nd part of the first half we looked decent but the remaining 3/4th of the match it was painful to watch. Worst part is that this was basically our main starting 11 for majority of the match.

If we struggle like this against a 2nd rate European team like Turkey, we are in for a very disappointing WC. I am officially very very worried.
                              We never looked decent in any point of the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Amoo View Post
                                After 7 years with CQ, we are playing like sh... And he is asking for another 4 years contract. Really? with this performance?!!!
                                Wouldn't you Amoo?! We're the country were mediocrity is most rewarded with excess... look at our government! He hit a gold mine with Iran... smart guy, I would be doing the exact same thing and so would you... no other suckers in the world would renew a contract before the WC for someone to even ask for it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X