Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Turkey - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (28.05.2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every game is different guys and the playing style in the World Cup is always different. You can’t make generalizations, it’s good to get tested now and prepare for the games in the future
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
      In terms of Fifaranking we are placed 36 right before Turke (37). We are at WC
      Turkey is not at WC. So its very strange how these mathematical calculations
      predict a win for Turkey.
      However, as i have said befor; since the Sierra Leone game
      we have played very poor against Tunesia, Algeria (this game was ok)
      and Uzbek U23. The reason ehy Turky defeat us is not so much their
      quality but more our incapability to hold the ball for some mins
      and creat scoring chances with short passes.
      We all want the best for TM. Lets hope that CQ will take significant notes.
      Hopefully the greece game is going to happen.
      It's not strange that Turkey were considered favorites, as they arguably have better individual talent (at least on paper, being that their players play in better club teams), plus it's much harder to qualify from UEFA then it is from AFC. Many teams that don't qualify from Europe would have a much higher chance of getting out of AFC, playing against the likes of Qatar and China. Our FIFA ranking being close doesn't mean much as beating teams of higher quality yields the exact same number of points towards each nation's ranking compared to lower quality ones. They've beaten stronger teams to get their ranking basically.

Obviously the fact that they were playing at home was taken into account as well, but you can't be surprised that they're rated higher by the general public, is all I'm saying.
      Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

You stated your answer was simple, however it was not simple.

1 (Chile didn't even try my friend, that is the truth)

2) Fair enough But CQ is responsible for that

3) No you speak with opinion and not facts, i cannot use this argument for anything, a maximum of 1 or 2 changes will probably happens.

4) You quoted me, so i will tell you right away i wasn't being emotional but that i was being rational. Still think we can beat morocco to third.

5) Missing

6) We hope so but he probably won't be fit for full 90 min games.

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
        A simple answer to this :
        First of all, this is a friendly my friend. As you shouldn't believe we could really beat Chile 2-0; you shouldn't overestimate the result of the match. If we were lucky we could even be the winner.
        2- Team Melli did OK considering that CQ wasn't even playing the players in their own position. He was trying to do a stimulation for the last game against physical team of Portugal to see what plan B will look like if team falls behind and he brings all offence to try to comeback. Something we failed in 2014. This time around wasn't as bad considering that Turkey is way stronger than Bosnia and palyed at home.
        3- As mentioned before ; you won't see nothing similar to this formation in the world Cup. You will see a totally different squad and formation every match.
        4- Guys please refrain from emotional up and downs. Nowadays there are no superior or weak teams in the world Cup. Anyone can pull it out and qualify. Costa Rica was one we saw last world Cup. Don't be shocked if you'll be shocked. Relax guys. These are practices and results don't matter. As we didn't really beat Algeria. We just played them and we both practiced. Same goes with Turkey. Let our team to get used to play with the top teams without fear. Sit down and enjoy and leave the job to professionals to improve the team game by game. We didn't have much time for our team and now woke up. However honestly in such short time we are getting back on our feet to become the panther world expects us to be.
        6- one good news Dejagah will be back stronger cheers
        Thanks to Turkish team for providing this practice match with us. Right on. Thanks.

Comment

Of course the chances of Iran getting even a point at the WC are very slim but you never know what can happen on the big stage. I mean its like a Toyota Corolla going up against a Lamborghini in a drag race...maybe the Lamborghini will burst a tire or something haha..

The news of CQ leaving, combined with the shear vibe of the great footballing powers in the group means that TM will be there for experience and enjoyment...and why not...have fun...bang a few hot Russian girls and come back with a smile on your face...

What more do you want as a young guy playing at the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
            Azmoon’s is letting himyself down above all, strange?
            If you've seen his performances this season in Russia, you wouldn't be surprised....

Comment

Do Iranians always take friendlies so seriously?

I'm half-English, so if you want to see what happens to teams who take friendlies seriously, watch England choking in 2000, 2004, 2006, 2007 (didn't even make it to 2008), 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016...

He's experimenting in friendlies and seeing what works and what doesn't. This is very, very good.

Comment

Someone should make a thread about Tunisia vs Portugal
                The game was a 2-2 draw which gives us major hope that we can do well against both portugal and morroco

I have to add Ronaldo didn’t play
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                  I don't think it's time to panic yet.

All of the team's problems can be solved.

- Shojaei out for Ghoddos.
                  - Cheshmi out for either Hosseini.
                  - Rezaeian out for Ghafouri.

I'm glad these players showed their weaknesses now so that CQ actively starts considering other options.
                  We can keep Shojaie for his experience, I slso think rezaian can be a good sub for ghafuri but Cheshmi is not world cup material and has to be replaced by Hosseini asap
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I have to stand corrected!

I said before that I thought the cause of our first goal started by Milad Mohammadi who didn't reach the striker, but to be fair after watching the highlights again, I saw that it was rather Pouraliganji who wasn't fast enough to reach him! On a positive note, even though Cheshmi couldn't handle the tackle right before the first goal, he looked at least much faster than Pouraliganji and reached the striker. One on one tackles are also always very risky. So him getting dribbled, is not really completely his fault. I think we just need to have a better defensive tactic (like we had before) where 2 or several defenders help each other to get the ball.

However I put the fault for the second goal all on Cheshmi. That was a bad defending. He could have easily intercepted the ball before it reached the goal scorer.

So anyways, I will apologize to Milad Mohammadi. Even though he himself was so far away from his position, losing his spot (that's where the pass was made to the goal scorer) but I guess that also was rather due to our tactic in this game, pushing forward. I'm guessing CQ is trying to change our style to an attacking style compared to 4 years ago when we were mostly defending. It would of course be so much more entertaining to watch us but I do hope he knows what he's doing defensively, or else god forbid, we'll be reaching KSA's 8-0 record.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyOscy View Post
                      Do Iranians always take friendlies so seriously?

I'm half-English, so if you want to see what happens to teams who take friendlies seriously, watch England choking in 2000, 2004, 2006, 2007 (didn't even make it to 2008), 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016...

He's experimenting in friendlies and seeing what works and what doesn't. This is very, very good.
                      We rarely get good ones - so the concept of a friendly testing out formations, players etc. doesn't compute with us.

Comment

CQ has to let players play in their uncomfortable positions!
                        Anything can happen during WC, injuries, red cards during the game etc... he needs to let players get a taste of unfamiliar positions. Obviously todays formation is not what he has on mind as his main line-ups... and we are panicing! This was a “test game” testing new things, giving the team a new positive shock... thats all there is to it!
                        As I said earlier, after 7 years CQ didnt go bananas all of the sudden.
                        chill out people!
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          I have to stand corrected!

I said before that I thought the cause of our first goal started by Milad Mohammadi who didn't reach the striker, but to be fair after watching the highlights again, I saw that it was rather Pouraliganji who wasn't fast enough to reach him! On a positive note, even though Cheshmi couldn't handle the tackle right before the first goal, he looked at least much faster than Pouraliganji and reached the striker. One on one tackles are also always very risky. So him getting dribbled, is not really completely his fault. I think we just need to have a better defensive tactic (like we had before) where 2 or several defenders help each other to get the ball.

However I put the fault for the second goal all on Cheshmi. That was a bad defending. He could have easily intercepted the ball before it reached the goal scorer.

So anyways, I will apologize to Milad Mohammadi. Even though he himself was so far away from his position, losing his spot (that's where the pass was made to the goal scorer) but I guess that also was rather due to our tactic in this game, pushing forward. I'm guessing CQ is trying to change our style to an attacking style compared to 4 years ago when we were mostly defending. It would of course be so much more entertaining to watch us but I do hope he knows what he's doing defensively, or else god forbid, we'll be reaching KSA's 8-0 record.
                          Again, on the first goal, PAG had to cover for Cheshmi. He thought Cheshmi is running back, but he noticed he can't get their in time.
                          Goal one is mostly on Cheshmi.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Again, on the first goal, PAG had to cover for Cheshmi. He thought Cheshmi is running back, but he noticed he can't get their in time.
                            Goal one is mostly on Cheshmi.
                            PAG was on the same side the attack started. How was he covering for Cheshmi and why would he think Cheshmi ran back? Look at the sequence again at minute 04:34:

PAG ran back at the right time when the pass was made. He was just too slow to reach the striker. It was rather Cheshmi who had to run back fast to cover for PAG.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              PAG was on the same side the attack started. How was he covering for Cheshmi and why would he think Cheshmi ran back? Look at the sequence again at minute 04:34:
                              PAG ran back at the right time when the pass was made. He was just too slow to reach the striker. It was rather Cheshmi who had to run back fast to cover for PAG.
                              I shouldn't say PAG covered Cheshmi, really what I mean is he was running back but Cheshmi was too slow to break down the angle and he also got burned by Tosun.
                              The Tunisian forward did something similar to Cheshmi in the game we played as well.

In the end, we both agree - its Cheshmi who was caught out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                In the end, we both agree - its Cheshmi who was caught out.
                                That we do agree on but I think we need to calm down with blaming him completely for the first goal. It was a one on one situation and that can go either way. Specially when you face a striker from Everton, even Jalal Hosseini may have been dribbled away. If Cheshmi had messed up in a situation where our defense tactic was more like usual (with 2-3 man helping each other out to challenge the ball holder), it would have been much worse. and i still have to stand by what I said earlier that part of the blame goes to PAG.

However as said, for the second goal, it was all Cheshmi!

In anyways, this defense is only gonna give us 8-0 results, maybe even against Morocco. I think CQ only wanted to focus on training proper attacking strategies in this game which is only a sign that he's really gonna go for a win against Morocco and will not be the usual bus-parker against the 2 giants (hence it may explain the exclusion of Hosseini and Ghafouri who are better when TM is on all its defensive games). That gives me comfort. and I'm sure we will be defending properly once in the WC as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X