World Cup 2018: These are the most likely winners according to UBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to UBS these teams are likely to lift the WC trophy.

The bank makes its predictions with tools normally used to assess investment opportunities

Iran is 16th way above all other Asian teams. Not bad!
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8355581.html
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Does the bank realize how crap our camp has been so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post

The bank makes its predictions with tools normally used to assess investment opportunities

According to the these, Iran has a 30% chance of advancing. Not great, but not too bad....Of course the only results that count are achieved on the field.

And the 8-0ers are second (from the bottom), with only Panama below them.
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
        Does the bank realize how crap our camp has been so far?
        One game won’t change that much. Queiroz and TM still had 8 good friendlies to prepare. No reason to expect getting destroyed all 3 games.

Comment

Iran should be the favorite to win the WC! 16th place is a sick joke!

This is fake news.

Comment

Whether we advance to the next stage or not (not unlikely as the ball is round and anything could happen and we are not that bad a team) and whether we lose all our games does not really matter. I take this prediction with a pinch of pride. We used to be regarded as minnows and a joke but not so much this time around. We have jumped up a step or two on the ladder. After our great show against Argentina that required the world best player to rescue their team in the last minute of the game, the world now takes us a bit more seriously than before. So let's enjoy this. Obviously we are still humble and know that advancing to the next stage is like our dream come true.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post

How can they rate Iran over Croatia?!!! Seriously? The manager of the bank must be Iranian, Lebanese or Syrian lol
              sigpic
              SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
              IRAN
              - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                One game won’t change that much. Queiroz and TM still had 8 good friendlies to prepare. No reason to expect getting destroyed all 3 games.
                Exactly. I think we had the most friendlies. However the quality of the friendlies except Algeria, Tunisia and Turkey were not that great.
                sigpic
                SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                IRAN
                - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
                  Iran should be the favorite to win the WC! 16th place is a sick joke!

This is fake news.
                  IRAN will win the cup if we qualify from our difficult group

We will beat every team after advancing to the next round!

Mark my words!
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                    According to the these, Iran has a 30% chance of advancing. Not great, but not too bad....Of course the only results that count are achieved on the field.

And the 8-0ers are second (from the bottom), with only Panama below them.
                    we beat panama and our chances will be like 50-60%

Comment

The actual thing is that they give us a 30% chance of advancing because we are 21st in the ELO rating (Portugal 6th, Spain 3rd, Morocco 42nd).

Everything after that is basically taking into consideration that
                      1. Our path is rather easy (if we advance, we play against teams from the weakest group A; Uruguay, Saudi-Arabia, Russia, Egypt) .
                      2. Our ELO ratings would be corrected after each match - so if we win against Morocco and Portugal (for example) then we probably climb up at least 5 spots and will simply be considered a top team.

So consider both things: if we advance to the knockout, it is very probable that we also at least make it to the quarters. There we will meet the best teams from groups C and D. Most probably France. That is kind of our limit.

Advancing ~30% -> Making quarters -> 15% (so basically still a 50:50 chance)
                      But after that:
                      Making semis -> 5% (only chance of 1/3rd to advance)

Comment

Remind me not to invest with UBS in the future.
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Of course here we talk about probabilities. I would say we have a good chance against Morocco. If we are also lucky and win that match then our game against Portugal is an exciting one. CQ has a bone to pick with Portuguese football authorities because they sacked him unjustifiably. CQ is also a professional coach. He would do his best for Iran because Iran doing well in the WC benefits his reputation more so than TM. All the sporting media will be banging on how CQ turned a minnows into a football team that cannot be regarded as tourists anymore. And also a win against morocco means huge incentive for our boys to put all they have against portugal and even spain. So considering these facts plus the fact that TM this time around is a more organised team with players who are very keen to do well on the world stage I would say the probabilities of TM going through to the next round is good.
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by val View Post
                            IRAN will win the cup if we qualify from our difficult group

We will beat every team after advancing to the next round!

Mark my words!
                            Ok, marked. I hope one of us can prove the other wrong!

Comment

some more predictions by the Telegraph.
                              https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cu...test-analysis/
                              No Teams from Asia!
                              And Russia is not going through according to this prediction?!
                              Russia will nuke the tournament if they don't go through to the next round!
                              Teams will go through:
                              Group A: Paraguay and Egypt
                              Group B: Spain and Portugal
                              Group C: France and Denmark
                              Group D: Argentina and Nigeria
                              Group E: Brazil and switzerland
                              Group F: Germany and Mexico
                              Group G: Belgium and England
                              Group H: Poland and Colombia
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X