Iran will no longer be the #1 ranked AFC nation in the next FIFA rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
    if we stop funding terror, sanctions will disappear? did I just read that correctly?

The United States has never funded terror? i wonder would would happen if the United States was held accountable for all its support of regime change, civilian deaths, and illegal drone strikes it continues to carry out. It's not about us funding terror.

The U.S. knows it devastating sanctions only impact the well-being of the iranian people and continue to implement them knowing that. they also are the biggest weapons exporter to the most backwards country in the world.

yeah, our government is filled with the most vile, vicious humans, but don't use that to deflect from these horrible sanctions at the hands of western powers that are taking away from the very dignity and humanity of our own people.
    Exactly. I don’t know how spurring massive inflation, making food and basic necessities unattainable, while making it difficult for Iranian citizens to have access to basic medical needs (many Iranians have to buy their cancer medication on the black market, expired!) would EVER have a ripple effect in a country. /s just in case it wasn’t clear!

Comment

Will we hit top 20 this time around ?...

Comment

My calculations tell me we would hit 26 or 27 in the rankings.

Comment

If fifa uses the old system we be 25th but if they use the new system we be 35th

Comment

we are 35th i believe but we are still first in asia

Comment

Where are ranking? Wtf is 19th and??

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                Sanctions don’t impact our football? Lol! Ok, firstly, we know the current Islamic regime is shady as hell and doesn’t fund our football, for god’s sake, during Ahmadinutjob’s presidency an entire oil rig went missing, so yes, corruption I rampant. Secondly, your funding terrorism stuff is political so I don’t know why mods haven’t said shit to you but they came down on me when I said political stuff in my previous posts. Third, if you don’t think sanctions have impacted our football then I simply have nothing else to say to you in the future, because you either don’t understand how sanctions work, or your thought process is...different. All I can say is it’s a ridiculous and laughable assertion, and I’m putting that mildly..

many ppl hide the systems deficiencies & incompetence behind this 'sanctions excuse. Sanctions don't have such a major impact on our football quality.

Simply said, if we list the most impactful of issues, sanctions lie near lower half of a top 10 list.

IR uses sanctions as an excuse to cover their mismanagement in EVERYTHING. Football is no different

We shd think for ourselves a little bit, before merely echoing some shady, inconsistent cooked up propaganda

Comment

For example;
                  How is sanctions influencing the decision of clubs to resist investing in our own youth, and instead spend 100 times more to bring 3rd rate spent foreign players .... more than half of whom are inconsequential in the quality or even outcome of the games?

Not to mention how many of these contracts end up in disciplinary committee resulting in Iran forking out even more money in fines?

Did sanctions decide that clubs refuse to invest in decent infrastructure while they spend more on such useless ventures?

We're a very rich country that is extremely mismanaged. Each of our top 2 divisions clubs can have their own stadia, training grounds, facilities, ... if it wasn't for "Iran spending over $20-20 BILLION in sending arms & supplies to terrorist groups & dictators in the region.

And that's only 1 example.
                  If you think a little bit, all by yourself, you'd discover many many reasons for our football's woes, far more detrimental than sanctions

Comment

Originally posted by ilovefootball View Post
                    Where are ranking? Wtf is 19th and??
                    FIFA is moving to the new calculation method. They skipped July. August rankings will use the new method. I believe the date is August 16th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Rankings

Comment

The new system is basically the Elo rankings with a few tweaks

Comment

Iran climbed up to #32 in FIFA ranking and is again the number 1 of Asia (Aussies are #43 now).

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...ing-table/men/

Maybe somebody can change the thread title

Comment

Working...
                        X