No announcement yet.

Sardar Azmoun retires from TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a knee jerk reaction from Sardar, he is just mentally and physically drained.

He will be back.

Comment

Let him go
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Once again, my reaction is, “adios compadre.” Only those who truly want it deserve the shirt.

It has to be said though that some members here who are now interpreting this move as immature were calling for the guy’s head during the WC. So what are all the complaints about?

Comment

This guy spends way too much time on social media. The Iranian people on instagram are the worst trolls known to man.

Comment

This news has been varified.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44643853

Comment

great now foreign media are picking up on this embarassment

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                great now foreign media are picking up on this embarassment
                What an idiot. He wants to make sure clubs do not pursue him now - in the summer transfer period! All the excuse he needs to stay with Baba Berdy!

What an embarrassment. Unfortunately, our most naturally talented players ever - Ali Karimi, Sardar Azmoun, Khodadad Azizi are all self-saboteurs.

Comment

tbh Im over this guy. I think he had a great WC, and would love to see him stay in TM (which I still think will happen), but I really doubt any player with such a weak mentality can make it to the top of his profession.

Comment

The reality with Sardar:

- scores and shines at the highest club level (Champions League) - instead of moving forward to a great European club from Rostov, goes back to Rubin because of the terrible, idiotic and illegal transfer he did from Rubin. So he owns Rubin and agrees to transfer back.
                    - he does his job perfectly at World Cup and his acclaimed by a lot of analysts (was listening to the Total Soccer Show - popular footballing podcast here - one of the guys was so in love with Sardar he said he would be his personal agent!) Instead of embracing this, he quits the place where he helped cement his name.

I don't even know if Ali Karimi did more idiotic things.

Comment

Iranians players just have thin skin, sorry to say.
                      A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

Comment

Is there more info re: Sardar's father other than his previous sporty background?

It's clear as a day that this man has lacked a strong father character in his upbringing. That could be the cause of many of his insecurities, including his weird emotional attachment to Berdiev.

I may sound pessimistic, but I no longer have any high hopes for him. No team with a sane director of football or manager will pursue a player who's so mentally weak. Mental strength is every bit as important as talent in football, if not more.

Give me a mentally strong and determined player with 5/10 talent, over a mentally weak and sensitive player with 8/10 talent any day of the week.

Comment

I think these behaviors should be taken seriously in TM. If we are going to foster a professional environment in our football then Azmoun's decision should be final and he should never be invited to TM again. No one is above TM and once you turn your back on you are done.
                          That being said I love Azmoun and his style of football and I think he could have served TM for years to come but his actions in the past have proven that he doesn't have the mindset or the tough skin if you will to be an exceptional player like Daei.

Comment

*** edited ***

BYE BYE!
                            Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 06-28-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                              Is there more info re: Sardar's father other than his previous sporty background?

It's clear as a day that this man has lacked a strong father character in his upbringing. That could be the cause of many of his insecurities, including his weird emotional attachment to Berdiev.

I may sound pessimistic, but I no longer have any high hopes for him. No team with a sane director of football or manager will pursue a player who's so mentally weak. Mental strength is every bit as important as talent in football, if not more.

Give me a mentally strong and determined player with 5/10 talent, over a mentally weak and sensitive player with 8/10 talent any day of the week.
                              \

His dad is also a former athlete and very strong dude... they just seem to really like Berdyev and they deal only within the Turkmen community.

Comment

If you are earning millions as a football player you must be able to deal with harsh criticism regarding your performance on the field. It says a lot about the mentality and resilience of players like Azmoun who threaten with departure once they face negative opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X