Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkish Süper League: A good place for iranians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkish League is a very good league. In recent years safety and security in Turkey has been a major obstacle. If security is no longer an issue, then I say it is very good for Iranian players to play in Turkish League and from there transfer to bigger leagues like Serie A, Dutch League, French League or even teams from Bundesliga, Premier League, La Liga.

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoust View Post
      Joining a mid table Turkish team will probably guarantee a better financial life and will not be a lunching platform to better European clubs for any Iranian player. Joining one of their top 3 teams could perhaps be better however.
      could perhaps? No I think joining a top 3 team would be great for them, their coming out of iran remember...You also have to think about where these players would get playing time, its very unlikely for example that Majid Hosseini can slot into Besiktas starting 11 and start over say Pepe, or Domagoj Vida. So a team that is still very competetive (5th place), in Trabzonspor, that has top talents like Omur, Yazici, and Yokuslu(who just left for 7 mil EU to Celta Vigo), is an excellent choice. It gives bigger european leagues and clubs the opportunity to actually scout the players consistently vs strong and weak opposition, for longer than the 3 matches at the world cup. This would facilitate an easier and more realistic move into a top league, than a player coming straight out of iran.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        The biggest thing a good league/club can offer Iranian players is conditioning. Unfortunately, the Turkish league doesn't seem to emphasize good stamina much.
        Actually I think the best thing the league can offer is a MUCH higher level of competition than our domestic league, and thus the opportunity for interested scouts from big teams and leagues to look at suitable iranians for an extended period of time. It is unrealistic to expect a team like say Valencia to sign one of our defenders off 3 WC appearances, the management simply could not justify it. But if those performances are backed up by good performances vs widely accepted strong teams like Gala, Fener, Besiktas, even Istanbul BB, then they are a much more attractive option. The players will also become more comfortable and confident when playing against top international players that are in the turkish league.

Comment

No i prefer any team from Eredivisie , Belgian Div and if lucky Serie A or even any lowest ranked team from La Liga!

We had numerous talented players moving to Turkish Süper and failed miserably !

Comment

Working...
          X