Mehdi Bayat - Member of the selection committee for Belgium national team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mehdi Bayat - Member of the selection committee for Belgium national team

My apologies in advance, if this is an already known fact. But I was so curious after seeing Bayat jumping on Martinez and giving him a hug and greeting Hazard after the Brazil game.
    So I looked him up and found this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-manager-spain

I wasn't so sure about all Iranian players signing with Charleroi, but I guess with his connection to top European football elite, this could be an excellent opportunity for the boys.
    Belgium is my new favorite team now.
    Cheers to all.
    Attached Files

Mehdi bayat for TM.

Comment

Lol this is like Moshiri in Everton...everyone thought this will open the EPL transfer floodgates. The best we can hope for is players in Charleroi and AZ.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Lol this is like Moshiri in Everton...everyone thought this will open the EPL transfer floodgates. The best we can hope for is players in Charleroi and AZ.

I mean "Moshiri in Everton" wanted to bring Azmoun to the club, but Berdyev persuaded Azmoun not to go, according to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
          I mean "Moshiri in Everton" wanted to bring Azmoun to the club, but Berdyev persuaded Azmoun not to go, according to himself.
          So the prob is our players you say?

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Belgium is one country that we are connected to throughout history.

1. In the late Qajar period and early Pahlavi period, many Belgians were working in Iran as Financial Advisors, Tax Accountants, Financial Managers, etc. If I am not mistaken Iran's constitution was modeled on Belgium's as well.

2. Farsi language has many French words, I guess some of the French words entered our language through the Belgians.

3. Belgian Consulate staff in Tehran were among the first people to play Football in our country.

4. Khan Sardar brothers and Hossein Sadaghiani who were our first legionnaires played football in Belgium in late Qajar and early Pahlavi period respectively.

5. We had so many players in Belgium such as Asghar Sadri and Moslem Khani (1980s), Daryoosh Yazdani, Alireza Emamifar, Mohammad Reza Mahdavi, Mehrdad Minavand (after year 2000),
            now Kaveh Rezaei, Omid Nourafkan, Ali Gholizadeh.

6. Abbas Bayat (Mehdi's father) was in Charge of Charleroi for many years.

With so much history between Iran and Belgium, and Bayat Family's influence it is about time for Belgium to play a friendly with Team Melli. I truly hope such friendly match happens soon.
            Last edited by Rooyintan; 07-08-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              So the prob is our players you say?

Not the entire problem, but definitely a big part of it

Comment

Working...
              X