Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC CHAMPION LEAGUE- QUARTER FINAL (PERSEPOLIS-AL DUHAIL / ESTEGHLAL VS AL SADD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    Esteghlal lucky to be winning. Al Saad is a very dangerous team with excellent foreign players.
    Football is often a game of luck. Iranian/TM teams are usually on the wrong side of luck...we'll take what we can get with lady luck any day!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      Esteghlal lucky to be winning. Al Saad is a very dangerous team with excellent foreign players.
      Vaghti hamle mikonan Al Sadd besyaar khatarnaak hastan va satheshoon bala ast, amma khate defaishoon va darvazebaneshon az khate miyane va

khate hamlashoon be nazar zaiftar mirese.
      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        He lost his dad few days a go, his mind is somewhere else.
        I am sorry to hear that. Bagheri was doing better near the end of the half. Hopefully he will continue to improve during the game.

Comment

First half done. My observations:

First of all fans were excellent throughout. Stadium packed and loud as expected. Def 100K in there, maybe more. Ferreira has ear plugs its so loud lol.

In terms of the game, Al sadd have been superior, creating many chances especially on quick breaks. SS look non existent in defensive midfield department, as Bagheri is playing there alone, and although the team shift to a 4-5-1 in defensive shape (bagheri deepest, neumayer and esmaili slightly ahead, with tabrizi going from forward to LM and Tariq at RM while defending), it is still way too easy for al sadd to break through the MF line and go straight to attacking defense. Their needs to be either a more coordinated press by SS on xavi and Co when they get the ball, or Neumayer and Esmaili need to get deeper quicker (unlikely as it is in neither of their skillsets), or a sub needs to be made.

In terms of individual performances, the new signing all look really good. Tariq is very fast and willing runner, who is composed on the ball and pretty technical. Neumayer is very composed in possession and has excellent set piece delivery. Gero is very strong but also pretty technical, and has great hold up and is able to draw a lot of fouls. I would say his hold up play is better than Thiam's but he is less of box player, and more of an all around forward. Tabrizi was good early on, but has been non existent since then, but I think thats because Al sadd have had a lot of the ball, and when that happens, he shift over to the left mid spot and therefore is struggling to impact the game. Esmaili has also been out of the game, and isnt good when he needs to come deeper, gave up some very dangerous turnovers. He may need to be subbed for a defensive midfielder.

The defense have been solid. Cheshmi in particular made some vital defensive plays and was good on the ball. Sohrabian has been a bit stressed out in possession but ok overall. Pejman and vouria solid.

Farshid Bagheri has been TERRIBLE. I dont think ive ever seen him this bad. Misplaced so many passes in key areas, looked stressed ASF, made dangerous fouls. Just overall looks like he could cost SS a goal. Shaeffer was berating him as well.

Second half, it might be smart to put in daneshgar for Esmaili, and then move Cheshmi up to CDM, so SS arent as vulnerable in defensive midfield area. They need to score another but if they concede one they are really screwed. Tabrizi needs to get more involved as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            He lost his dad few days a go, his mind is somewhere else.
            Damn now I feel bad for roasting him
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
              Vaghti hamle mikonan Al Sadd besyaar khatarnaak hastan va satheshoon bala ast, amma khate defaishoon va darvazebaneshon az khate miyane va

Harfet doroste. They definitely have defensive holes and the incoming crosses have been dangerous. They need to do more of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post

Yeah exactly I was shocked that after they saw the first time how fast and nicely they counter that Esteghlal wouldn’t leave one single plater in the back. Fortunately Esteghlal’s Iraqi player recovered well. That was a tactical blunder by Schafer he is up on his feet yelling so much and directing his team that clear hole was right in front of his face
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

second half started

Comment

Esteghlal is really missing Shojaeian. They lack a playmaker.

Comment

Daneshgar on for Neumayer. Cheshmi moves to defensive mid.

Comment

fckin hell! It was about to happen! Aweful performance since we took the lead.
                        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Al Saad scored.

Esteghlal really playing cowardly now. Already in the 50th minute and they are playing defensive. Al Saad giving them space and they are still holding back.

Pretty much over.

Comment

This team sucks soooo much. Wow. 0 happening ... they are scared. No skills. Nothing.

Comment

Bagheri shouldn't have been playing today (also because of his personal circumstances). He's totally off this game, but so is our entire midfield (actually the entire team).
                              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

1-1 rip

Comment

Working...
                                X