AFC Issues a Statement on Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC Issues a Statement on Iran

Kuala Lumpur: The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) is closely monitoring the current issues faced by the Football Federation Islamic Republic of Iran (FFIRI) with regard to the announcement of a Law by the Republic Parliament designating the FFIRI as a Non Government public body and prohibiting the engagement of retired personnel.
    The FFIRI stresses that it is a non governmental Organisation and the AFC state that all Member Associations must fulfil their duties without any third party interference either from the Government or the Parliament.

The AFC is closely working with the FFIRI, whose current board was elected for four years in May 2016, to prevent any outside interference.

The AFC has a zero tolerance policy towards any third party interference in their Member Associations and hopes that, with less than two months to the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019, the FFIRI can maintain its independence and avoid any sanctions.

This is all because the parliament is trying to force some IFF staff including Taj to retire due to age or having more than one job.

Comment

This is on their main page of AFC:

http://www.the-afc.com/news/afcsecti...ent-on-ir-iran
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

This is really bad, I'm glad the AFC caught it. You have to remove politics from Sports. I'm sure that Iran is going to walk back on this (I hope). Do we have the most dysfunctional Football Federation in Asia???

Comment

Originally posted by Stmaserati View Post
          This is really bad, I'm glad the AFC caught it. You have to remove politics from Sports. I'm sure that Iran is going to walk back on this (I hope). Do we have the most dysfunctional Football Federation in Asia???
          Not even close.
          It is stupidity from the Iranian parliament though.

Comment

iran has history of political interference in football,even before the revolution we had this problem

Comment

This has to do with "Ghanoon-eh Bazneshastegan" basically stating that people who have retired from government posts (includes Taj and Kafashian) could not hold a post at the Federation. FIFA and AFC are saying that the football federation is an independent entity and the government could not impose such laws on it. There is a back and forth on this and I am not sure what is going on behind the scene. Taj has been an effective head of the IFF (relatively speaking) and forcing him out doesn't make any sense especially with FIFA and AFC moving to censor/sanction the Federation if the move is deemed as governmental/political interference in the affairs of the Federation.

Comment

This ain't it chief

Comment

utter nonsense from AFC.

AFC itself is an incompetent and corrupt body.

No doubt that politics and football in Iran are intertwined and no doubt that this is WRONG.

BUT in this particular case, Iranian government has every right to ban people passed the age of retirement to serve as IFF officials. Afterall, IFF is a fully government funded entity from tax payers money and if the country's law is that NO RETIRED PERSON CAN DRAW SALARY FROM THE STATE, then that's the law and should be respected.

Comment

since Monday, many Team Melli players also deactivated their instagram accounts. As I follow so many of their instagram accounts, I was really taken off guard and can't help but feel disappointed. I don't know what is going on but....deactivating their accounts means they are also cutting themselves off their fans like us. no offense to anyone but I feel disappointed cos I cannot see the latest from them anymore....
                    A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Originally posted by eliz3p View Post
                      since Monday, many Team Melli players also deactivated their instagram accounts. As I follow so many of their instagram accounts, I was really taken off guard and can't help but feel disappointed. I don't know what is going on but....deactivating their accounts means they are also cutting themselves off their fans like us. no offense to anyone but I feel disappointed cos I cannot see the latest from them anymore....
                      Deactivation of the Instagram accounts seems to be unrelated to the back and forth issue on the independence of IFF. In addition to the Instagram account deactivations, CQ and the team have not given any interviews during this current camp and they did not attend the Iran-Trinidad&Tobago (to be held tomorrow in Tehran) pregame news conference either. Reporters could attend the training sessions within the guidelines yet head coach, his staff and players are not talking to the press. I am not sure what the reason is. Unconfirmed reports in Iranian media have mentioned dissatisfaction over several topics including unpaid World Cup rewards, planning for AC 2019 and overall attitude of the press toward TM. To tell you the truth, this could be a good thing since TM could focus on its preparation rather than dealing with the press and social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        Deactivation of the Instagram accounts seems to be unrelated to the back and forth issue on the independence of IFF. In addition to the Instagram account deactivations, CQ and the team have not given any interviews during this current camp and they did not attend the Iran-Trinidad&Tobago (to be held tomorrow in Tehran) pregame news conference either. Reporters could attend the training sessions within the guidelines yet head coach, his staff and players are not talking to the press. I am not sure what the reason is. Unconfirmed reports in Iranian media have mentioned dissatisfaction over several topics including unpaid World Cup rewards, planning for AC 2019 and overall attitude of the press toward TM. To tell you the truth, this could be a good thing since TM could focus on its preparation rather than dealing with the press and social media.
                        i like what you said about focusing on preparation. hope this will translate into a good win for our next two friendly matches.
                        A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

مهدی تاج،رییس فدراسیون فوتبال طی نامه ای به دکتر لاریجانی، ریاست مجلس شورای اسلامی مستنداتی از جمله نامه های رسمی معاون حقوقی،امور مجلس و هماهنگی امور استان های وزارت ورزش و جوانان و نامه معاون توسعه ورزش قهرمانی و حرفه ای که مجموعا تصریح کرده اند فدراسیون فوتبال جمهوری اسلامی ایران نهادی غیردولتی،دارای شخصیت حقوقی و اساسنامه مستقل بوده و این اساسنامه مورد تایید و پذیرش جمهوری اسلامی ایران قرار دارد را ارسال کرد.

بر این اساس،در این نامه ها،تاکید شده که براساس ماده 14 و ماده 19 اساسنامه فیفا فدراسیون فوتبال مستقل بوده و نباید تحت تاثیر غیر ضروری هیچ نهاد یا شخص سومی قرار بگیرد.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqKv8Byn9Wk/

Comment

Working...
                          X