RIP Stanko Poklepovic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Stanko Poklepovic

The man behind TM success in late 90 and specially 1996 AC,Stanko Poklepovic, passed away at the age of 80.
    https://www.croatiaweek.com/wp-conte...POKLEPOVIC.jpg

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    The man behind TM success in late 90 and specially 1996 AC,Stanko Poklepovic, passed away at the age of 80.

https://www.croatiaweek.com/wp-conte...POKLEPOVIC.jpg
    What success? He was a huge flop with TM leading us to a first round elimination in the 1994 Asian Games. The coach for the 1996 Asian Championship was Mayelikohan.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      What success? He was a huge flop with TM leading us to a first round elimination in the 1994 Asian Games. The coach for the 1996 Asian Championship was Mayelikohan.
      Yeah, taking over disaster of 1994 caused by Parvin, it was going few years to repair it, don't you think?
      The core and structure of 1996 team was based on his work and i never said he was the COACH OF 1996 TEAM, did i?!?!?!?!
      He was a great coach and his two titles in Persepolis is a good example...

Comment

RIP. the Engineer of the 1996/1998 TM

Comment

wasnt really following TM back then, but I've heard mostly good things about his work with us..!!

RIP..!

Comment

Comment

He was the key person in developping few Persepolis stars: Kia, Bezik, Minavand, Shahroudi and few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                He was the key person in developping few Persepolis stars: Kia, Bezik, Minavand, Shahroudi and few others.
                huh...!! yea many folks in-the-know on different iran football forum, credit him mostly with our good showing at WC98 as opposed to Talebi who sat on our bench during it..!!

btw
                didnt follow Minavand's early career much but damn he looked a very Rare quality and sophisticate winger/footballer..! even in that friendly of the TM peermards vs the played-out Ex World stars, he still oozed with class on the ball..!!

i'd have to put him as one of the most under-rated, ex tm players along with that other dude (can't remember his name?) who apparently went to Turkish league and wasted away his career with drugs etc?? he played with Karim a bit in the earlier STEEL Azin's money-pit Team..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  huh...!! yea many folks in-the-know on different iran football forum, credit him mostly with our good showing at WC98 as opposed to Talebi who sat on our bench during it..!!

btw
                  didnt follow Minavand's early career much but damn he looked a very Rare quality and sophisticate winger/footballer..! even in that friendly of the TM peermards vs the played-out Ex World stars, he still oozed with class on the ball..!!

i'd have to put him as one of the most under-rated, ex tm players along with that other dude (can't remember his name?) who apparently went to Turkish league and wasted away his career with drugs etc?? he played with Karim a bit in the earlier STEEL Azin's money-pit Team..!!
                  Kavianpour is the player you are talking about, but the biggest waste of talent in our football was Karimi (decent career could have been a world great), khaziravi, nikbakht and due to injuries navidkia and jabbari
                  Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                  http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                  [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                  Villa + Messi =

Comment

Khoda Biyamorzadesh!

Comment

Khoda biamorzatesh.. My condolences to his friends and his family..

Sad month for Team Melli fans. Danaeifard and Poklepovic. Rest In Peace..

Comment

Working...
                      X