Whose star will shine in Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose star will shine in Asian Cup

I personally think the player that has the most to gain in this tournament is Azmoun. His shine has dimmed since 2 years ago. He has the chance to win the golden shoe. He needs to score in the first two games. Two short teams, if he gets good service he can score 3-4 goals in the first two games. I really am looking forward for him to score over 7 goals in the tournament.

Jahanbaksh needs to step it up, Fortunately I expect him fizzle.

Karim, I hope he can score a couple of goals. He had so much potential. I don;t see him making it to next world cup, it's his last opportunity to shine. I have always liked him, he has such nice personality. Wish him luck.

Biravand, he looks good here, he is going to Europe, no questions.

The defense, all of them, they need to man up and hold the forth without a lot of help from midfielders. They are studs. Would be orgasmic to finish the tournament with no goals given up.

Saman, Golizadeh, are 2 players I am looking forward to see play, I want to see them rip all those ultra defensive formations and send some good crosses to Azmoun.

Stars: Azmoun, Pouraliganji, Hoseini, Mohammadi, Ghoddos, Gholizadeh

Sardar & Samaan will shine offensively & Hossaini & PAG to pose as the most formidable defensive duo of the tournament..!

Quality of service & Finishing must improve vastly for us to put up big offensive stats..! Personally not so sure that’ll happen but if we can stay as compact & formidable defensively, we should still manage a deep run into AC, in order to allow Sardar more opportunities to pad to his scoring figures to be amongst top 2-3 ..!

Comment

karim, jb, and hajsafi are in a 3 way competition to see who can kick the ball to the farthest row, so neither of them will shine, especially karim.

if ghoddos gets more than 5 minutes of playing time, he will be our best player in the tournament and i feel that Torabi will be a dark horse for us.i trust his finishing over Taremi who scores one goal for every 15 chances he gets.

if azmoun can get his shit together, he can be top scorer of the tournament
      SHOW TIME!

Comment

Ghoddos !!!

Comment

ghoddos and arj, please step up. ARJ need to step up more.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
            I personally think the player that has the most to gain in this tournament is Azmoun. His shine has dimmed since 2 years ago. He has the chance to win the golden shoe. He needs to score in the first two games. Two short teams, if he gets good service he can score 3-4 goals in the first two games. I really am looking forward for him to score over 7 goals in the tournament.

Jahanbaksh needs to step it up, Fortunately I expect him fizzle.

Karim, I hope he can score a couple of goals. He had so much potential. I don;t see him making it to next world cup, it's his last opportunity to shine. I have always liked him, he has such nice personality. Wish him luck.

Biravand, he looks good here, he is going to Europe, no questions.

The defense, all of them, they need to man up and hold the forth without a lot of help from midfielders. They are studs. Would be orgasmic to finish the tournament with no goals given up.

Saman, Golizadeh, are 2 players I am looking forward to see play, I want to see them rip all those ultra defensive formations and send some good crosses to Azmoun.

Stars: Azmoun, Pouraliganji, Hoseini, Mohammadi, Ghoddos, Gholizadeh
            Beiranvand is 1000% not going to Europe. He will have a good tournament, talk about all his offers, throw out a bunch of European countries, and then resign a better contract with Persepolis. We’ve seen this before and I don’t blame him. It takes a lot to move your whole life to a cold new country whose language you don’t know when you can stay in your home country near family and be cherished by adoring fans.

Comment

Taremi and then Azmoun, this is their tournament to shine.
              I think one of them will become the top scorer.

Comment

I have sneaking suspicion that Taremi will have himself a great tournament..! Maybe not in scoring, but in general offensive enforcement & making things happen in the final 1/3 of the pitch for us ..!
                Sob is strong as ox in possession, recognizes & exploits defensive soft spots brilliantly & gets stuck-in & puts in a shift every match, knows his way in & around the box well, just that he has a nasty habit of taking one too many touches before unleashing a shot or making a killer pass..!
                Often wondered if CQ could adapt him to playing more of an CM/CAM position..!??

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                  If Sardar can emulate his recent club fitness & form & Hustle factor in TM, he could well get fed a bunch decent scoring opportunities from good work of Taremi ..!
                  If CQ trusts & afford Samaan significant minutes then he can easily grow into our offensive rhythm & well marshal the MF behind the 2 aforementioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                    They have started their engines with the Qatar match.
                    Let's hope they keep on trucking until the final.

Comment

Time for Ansarifard to finally shine in TM, same as JB if he is fit enough. This can be Ansarifard last major tournament though!

Comment

I can think of 3 players for Iran

Saman Ghodoos

Ahmad Nourollahi

Karim Ansarifard

Comment

Hopefully we will a tournament to remember and talk about for years to come. It would be so cool to go through the all games not giving up a goal. 2-0 3-0 and 4-0 every game.

Comment

I believe players who have experienced previous Asian Cups will shine. Here’s my list and why I chose these players:

1. Vahid Amiri - Vahid Amiri was great in the last Asian Cup. A new student of Carlos Queiroz. A player who had just started with the national team did a very good job for Team Melli in the Asian Cup. He should be proud of himself despite the ending.

Missing his final penalty kick has haunted him ever since and he will take this memory into consideration when he returns for this tournament. Despite his age Vahid Amiri has also progressed since then. Becoming a major key player in the success of Persepolis (don’t forget that you also need thick skin to play for Sorkhabi clubs and he did), he experienced the 2018 FIFA World Cup and proved he deserved to be there (another great performance), and he transfered abroad to the Turkish league and has been playing there since last summer.

In my honest opinion, Vahid Amiri will come with A LOT of motivation to the Asian Cup.

Irrelevant, but that beard though!👌🏼

2. Sardar Azmoun - Sardar experienced his first Asian Cup with Team Melli as a young player. His memories of that Asian Cup are both bitter and sweet. He said his favorite memory is the match vs Qatar where he scored and made Iranians happy.

Since the last Asian Cup, Sardar has experienced playing for Iran in crucial matches (including the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers and the 2018 World Cup) and he has been a regular invitee and a starter (not counting the short period after the World Cup). Sardar has also experienced the UEFA Champions League (doing a good job, helping his team, scoring vs Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich..) and has been playing in a decent European football league in Russia.

However, Sardar was also there when Iran exited the 2015 Asian Cup. He broke down in tears as we left the tournament losing to Ben Williams and 10 men Iraq.

Sardar has grown a lot since then and I believe he will come with HIGH motivation to help Iran win this Asian Cup.

Side note: He scored the winning goal of the last friendly vs Qatar. We won 2-1.

3. Karim Ansarifard - Karim was a part of 2 Asian Cups. The 2011 Asian Cup with Afshin Ghotbi and the 2015 Asian Cup with Carlos Queiroz. A young Karim Ansarifard scored the winning goal for Iran in their 2nd group stage match vs Korea DPR (just as young Sardar Azmoun did for Iran 4 years later in that 2nd group stage encounter). He was also a part of the 2015 Asian Cup squad but he was on the bench for Sardar Azmoun.

But Karim will come with high motivation saw our exit from the bench. Since the last tournament, Karim transferred from Osasuna to Panionios and becoming their star striker. Then earning a contract from Olympiacos and become their star striker (BARELY missing out on the Greek League Golden Boot). He also with Iran in the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers and the 2018 World Cup.

Karim is definitely a player to watch in this tournament.

4. Masoud Shojaei - This will be Masoud’s 4th Asian Cup. 2007, 2011, 2015, and now 2019. And in each Asian Cup he’s been he has felt the heartbreak and has left the tournament in the quarter-finals. Under Branko Ivankovic, Afshin Ghotbi and Carlos Queiroz. He is the oldest player and arguably the most experienced (besides Hajsafi and Ansarifard of course). There will be some pressure from within himself to really do whatever he can to help us achieve our goal. He knows what’s at stake. A golden generation under a brilliant head coach, under an islamic regime who wouldn’t give 2 💩s about our team if Carlos wasn’t around. So he is probably the most motivated. But he needs to put his temper aside and be careful with fouls and receiving ridiculous cards, as we know him too well. His technical ability is fantastic for the group stage. His comfort with ball possession and football IQ will come in handy.

So I believe Masoud can shine and he can do damage if his mind is at ease and his head is in the game.

5. Ehsan Hajsafi - Another veteran of Team Melli. You’re beginning to see a trend in the last 3 I chose Believe me when I tell you there’s a reason a senior soccer player in high school, who trains hard and who is responsible becomes a captain of his or her team their senior year. Experience is important and this is one of our most versatile players. Calm and composed with almost 0 break mentality. Shy off the pitch (from what I’ve seen and known from him in the last 12 years), a professional with his head straight and no hashieh. He is an example on and off the pitch for teammates like Sardar who may still have some growing up to do. A great left winger and a good left back who can go up and down to defend on the wing. This will be his 3rd Asian Cup and I think he will bring his experience to UAE and be a key player in our campaign.

Comment

Azmoun will be the player of the tournament and top goal scorer.
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Working...
                              X