No announcement yet.

Day 1 [AFC Asian Cup 2019] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UAE of today seemed like an overhyped team. That shady penalty call was unnecessary, and just like some other members pointed out, I was baffled by how and why Bahrain coach did not ask for VAR review. Isn't the coach allowed once in each match to ask for VAR?

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
      I am so glad that we are coming up with all of the excuses already. We are a nation full of excuses and blaming others for our own failures.
      Boro baba

Comment

Nothing to do with excuses. In life getting the right referee judge etc. Is so key. Everything we do in life is affected by who judges us especially sports.

Comment

For AC 2019, VAR is only available for the last seven games of the tournament starting with Quarter Finals hence Bahrainis did not have the chance to ask for VAR. Please see the link below.

http://www.the-afc.com/asiancup/news...s-centre-stage

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            UAE of today seemed like an overhyped team. That shady penalty call was unnecessary, and just like some other members pointed out, I was baffled by how and why Bahrain coach did not ask for VAR review. Isn't the coach allowed once in each match to ask for VAR?
            because of this ...

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
            If I'm not mistaken then the VAR can only be used from quarterfinals. Only AFC can come up with such a stupid rule.
            yea, i sorta forgot this either in my post..!!

the ref clearly wasnt fazed by the supposed handball and was playing on, then suddenly point to the spot..!!? i figured he musta heard voices telling to do so in his headphones..!?

Comment

50/50 call IMO with advantage going to the home team. Could be argued that his hand was in a natural position but not one of those infamous calls by AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovefootball View Post
                Nothing to do with excuses. In life getting the right referee judge etc. Is so key. Everything we do in life is affected by who judges us especially sports.
                How about getting the right cousin?
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

TBH I really hope that both UAE and Saudi finish as group winners because if this happens we'll avoid them until final. Of course TM also have to finish first but I expect that. So please hope for the sake of TM that these two soosmar nations beat everyone in their group.
                  LOL given their pathetic showing today, you really think they will make it to the final?
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    Here's me weeping for Bahrainis getting the shaft :

Neither am I susprised to see AFC refereeing living up to its reputation.

But Im just surprised the idiot bahrans didn't ask for VAR. That would make te ref's cheating more blatant & open to public (the few ignorant sods who weren't aware of AFC refereeing )
                    oh, it'll be there ..... they're waiting for us in the quarter finals. Can't wait to see the VAR in the hands of the super competent AFC refs.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

LOL the tournament opener featuring the host country and the arabs still couldn't fill up the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        LOL given their pathetic showing today, you really think they will make it to the final?
                        With their saudied refs, why not?

Comment

With their saudied refs, why not?
                          With a saudied ref they tied against the grass rollers. Iran, Japan, Australia and South Korea are a completely different monster. Even B Asian countries will give them trouble in spite of saudied refs.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            because of this ...

yea, i sorta forgot this either in my post..!!

the ref clearly wasnt fazed by the supposed handball and was playing on, then suddenly point to the spot..!!? i figured he musta heard voices telling to do so in his headphones..!?
                            Varzesh3 claims that AR called it, that could be reason for the pause. This was definitely soft, the Bahraini player had no chance moving his hand out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              With a saudied ref they tied against the grass rollers. Iran, Japan, Australia and South Korea are a completely different monster. Even B Asian countries will give them trouble in spite of saudied refs.
                              No problem, the saudied ref will get even more saudied($$$). One of our defenders will get a red card in the 5th minute. And Soosmars will get two penalties. Nothing is impossible for rich soosmars.
                              Only way to beat them would be to score two early goals. UAE as a host country would never let Iran win against them or Saudis on their own soil. They would rather sell their mothers than lose to Iran.

Comment

2019 opening ceremony (starts at 5:09):

2015 opening ceremony:

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                                X