Day 1 [AFC Asian Cup 2019] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
    No problem, the saudied ref will get even more saudied($$$). One of our defenders will get a red card in the 5th minute. And Soosmars will get two penalties. Nothing is impossible for rich soosmars.
    Only way to beat them would be to score two early goals. UAE as a host country would never let Iran win against them or Saudis on their own soil. They would rather sell their mothers than lose to Iran.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Weren't Saudis already qualified for the next round? And what happened in the semifinal?

Comment

The defending in this first game reminded me of the defending at my Sunday league

Comment

Weren't Saudis already qualified for the next round? And what happened in the semifinal?
          We beat them with UAE as the host country.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            We beat them with UAE as the host country.
            Then let's hope we get a non-Arab ref at least when we play them because in the semifinals 1996 an Arab ref helped Saudis beating us.

Comment

Then let's hope we get a non-Arab ref at least when we play them because in the semifinals 1996 an Arab ref helped Saudis beating us.
              Let's hope we always get non arab refs for our games.

Comment

Asian Cup 2019 DAY 1 - Commentary
                Today's result could potentially places UAE as the second team in the final standing of Group A. That means UAE could potentially face China in the round of 16. If UAE is victorious against China, that means a quarter-final encounter with Iran. VAR will be in full use by that time.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                  Many thanks to the Mods for allowing me to make these threads in the main Football Forum over the course of the tournament. Here, we'll be able to watch and discuss all the non-Iran matches together. I'll be making a new thread each day to cover the various (non-Iran) matches. Enjoy!
                  hey dude, thx first, but it would be better to make 6 threads = 6 groups. and not every day a new thread. This should be Group A thread. Iran matches will have anyway own threads.

to the match: i did not watch in very good quality, but seems it was no hand ball. the decision to have VAR from knock out stage is strange, probably they want to make sure that UAE and other teams qualify at least to this phase. all in all, UAE was nothing, not even dangerous, and they scored a goal from nothing, bahrain was also not strong, but they had a plan to defend first, and later to strike, it was obvious and they had a nearly perfect match plan. to be honest, i think even both india and thailand can impress and surprise against these two nations, despite i do not know their current form and football. we will see tomorrow.
                  World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                  sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                  If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                  -

Comment

I agree with this "dude" here. Threads by Group are more useful and meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                      DAY 1 - Analysis

Today's result could potentially places UAE as the second team in the final standing of Group A. That means UAE could potentially face China in the round of 16. If UAE is victorious against China, that means a quarter-final encounter with Iran. VAR will be in full use by that time.
                      Good to know, though the use of VAR can still be decided by the ref (at his discretion). Thus, if the call is clearly botched, but the ref does not think so, then VAR will not be used. Thus, we're still the underdogs, as every VAR decision we've faced so far has gone against TM.

Comment

+1 for threads for each group.

As a reward for holding back over the last few days, can we allow our favourite disk jockey poll creator to open the six threads? He deserves some recognition for his self-control.

Comment

We do need to factor in refereeing and other external factors, the same we had to do it in the World Cup, however unlike the WC, we can do something about it by scoring lots of goals, neutralizing the fear of unjust penalties and what have you.
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Problem with group threads - and this was considered during the 2011 edition and 2015 edition - is that they become too politically charged. Even in 2015 (when there was a thread per game), several had to be closed since people would steer it away from non-footballing matters. With daily threads, they're made roughly 24h before the matches, which really limits the discussion to the matches themselves. If things go south after the matches, then it's easier for the Mods to just close a thread that has fulfilled it's function. If we have group threads, to keep them open for the next two weeks, some would probably end up being under serious moderation.

Comment

^
                              You are doing fine K Nader Jan. Your thread formats are fine as agreed by other forum staff too!
                              Thanks for your hard work!
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Good news is that the media is calling out the refereeing BS already:

AFC Asian Cup 2019: Fans cry foul as UAE awarded last minute penalty against Bahrain

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...ainst-bahrain/

Comment

Working...
                                X