Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC Asian Cup 2019 Quarter Final: China-Iran; Info, Updates & Live Updates (24.01.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC Asian Cup 2019 Quarter Final: China-Iran; Info, Updates & Live Updates (24.01.19)

Match Information

Game: China PR - Iran
    Venue: Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
    Date: Thursday 24 January 2019
    Local Time: 20:00 GST
    Tournament: AFC Asian Cup 2019
    Stage: Quarter Final

Match Report
    Eurosport
    AFC

Officials
    Referee: Abdulrahman Al-Jassim (QAT)

Latest head-to-head results

Facts and figures

Time Zones

Broadcasters
    TV Channels list

Trailer

i cant wait to hear some racist commentary about this Chinese team on Iranian TV.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Ghorboonet Kia!

Comment

What's your guys' lineup predicition? Here's mine:

---Beiro---
        Ramin--PAG--Hosseini--Milad
        ---Ashkan--Omid--Ehsan
        --JB------Sardar-----Taremi

I don't think there's a huge gap in quality between our bench players and our starters, and the only real untouchable players are Beiro and Sardar. Considering we just played a few days ago, and if we win, inshallah, we will play again on Monday, perhaps CQ will use a rotation for this match, such as:

Vouria for Ramin
        Kanani for Hosseini
        Torabi for JB
        Saman for Taremi

I have been constantly thinking about the Kanani vs Hosseini dilemma and who CQ will go with. I estimate CQ will go with Majid since he's the better player. However, Kanani might give our team the best chance to win right now as each game is a final for us, we need to field our best team. Majid has had some errors that could have cost us dearly in two of his three starts, I think that counts for something.

As for JB vs Torabi, I still think Torabi can contribute more to our team currently than JB can, and I hope JB doesnt play so he isn't rushed back from his long injury. Starting 3 matches in a row in such a short timeframe isn't easy on a recovering body.

Comment

Last three games between Iran-China

World Cup Qualifiers 2018 in Tehran 1-0 (28 march, 2017):

Well deserved win but shaky goalie they had then.

World Cup Qualifiers 2018 in China 0-0 (6 September, 2016):

Iran should have won this game. Azmoun and JB missed many half chances.

Friendly in 2010 under Afshin Ghotbi 2-0 Iran in China

Not gonna say much about this however i'm happy we don't have someone like Ghotbi at the moment.

Regarding the last 2 games, you can see both China and Iran line ups have half of the same players if not more. Both teams and coaching staff know each other well. It's gonna be a tough and hard game.

PS: we are the underdogs

Comment

I'm driving to the game tomorrow in a rental car from Dubai. Did anyone here drive to the Mohammed Bin Zayed stadium for the Iran vs Oman match? I'm curious as to if parking at the stadium is easy and what the cost is if anyone has info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

I can tell you that Marcello Lippi is a tactical mastermind, he will have the Chinese players well prepared for this match, In china we must look at them and admire their facilities and their organization of the federation. Lei Wu is a top international player and we must focus . We focus 100% on this match, we thank god everyday for the opportunity to be here to show case our talent and hope to have a good match against this very strong discipline Chinese team. We are the under dogs
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

China should be a winnable match but they are a pesky tough team to deal with as always. They won't make anything easy at all for us.

Great thread again Kiarash. Always put amazing info and details with every thread. Your posts are appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                    I'm driving to the game tomorrow in a rental car from Dubai. Did anyone here drive to the Mohammed Bin Zayed stadium for the Iran vs Oman match? I'm curious as to if parking at the stadium is easy and what the cost is if anyone has info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I parked at Dusit Thani Hotel Valet which is 50AED or $15 and the hotel is right in front of the stadium. Very easy to get to the stadium. 2 min walk

Comment

Team melli should watch this video before our players set their foot on the pitch. God we had a sloppy goal keeper and referee robbed us with his cards.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RGGsdeJ6N2Y

Comment

My only request to our fans is that please be seated in your own allocated seats according to your ticket. If you're not happy with your seat, at least wait 10 minutes after the game starts and then move.

Comment

It'll be a really tough first 30 minutes, then we will be score before the half, and second half they will come out attacking, and we will score 2 more.

3-0 Iran, goals by Azmoun, Ghoddos, and Torabi.

I hope we see Ghoddos start on the right, and Jahanbaksh on the left!
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

This will be our toughest match yet - well coaches side that has improved over the years. I am not sure if we will have as many chances vs them as we did vs Oman, I'd be willing to bet we won't. That being said we will need to be A LOT sharper up front and finish our chances. Ghoddos is a MUST for me in the starting XI a quick start here is key.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
                              My only request to our fans is that please be seated in your own allocated seats according to your ticket. If you're not happy with your seat, at least wait 10 minutes after the game starts and then move.
                              HAHAHA thats like telling Iranians to stand in line or to drive in their own lane.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                              X