Iran-China Player Ratings and Post Match Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran-China Player Ratings and Post Match Discussions

I was waiting for one of the usual suspects to make this thread but it took so long, so here it is...

1 - Absolutely flawless game plan from CQ. We didn't exhaust ourselves in the 2nd half and we didn't need to. We got the first goal early which is what we needed and from there the match was more or less sealed.

2 - Very hard fought match by the boys, especially in the 1st half and top marks to Sardar and Ashkan... Honorable mentions PAG, Ramin and Omid as always.

Other than that, I think this was one of the best matches we have played in the AFC for a very long time and we are definitely the favorites, I mean underdogs to win this tournament.

What a glorious way to make the semis once again and I really believe and hope this team will go all the way and CQ deserves nothing less than winning a major tittle with the boys and the nation he loves so much.

Iran good China bad

Comment

flawless games from ramin and sardar. really like hajsafi in MF too I say it all the time hes truly a beast in any MF role.

thank god taremi is missing the next match, idk what I'd do if he missed a chance like today's or one of his ones vs oman in our semi final vs Japan......gives ghoddos the chance to get back in the XI too who will 120% be needed in that kind of game.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

all players deserve a 9.5.

Dejagah deserves a 11. Jesus did this man hustle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          flawless games from ramin and sardar. really like hajsafi in MF too I say it all the time hes truly a beast in any MF role.

thank god taremi is missing the next match, idk what I'd do if he missed a chance like today's or one of his ones vs oman in our semi final vs Japan......gives ghoddos the chance to get back in the XI too who will 120% be needed in that kind of game.
          agreed with you, with haj safi in the middle it seems we have more control and better crosses as well

Comment

It's my birthday today and this was the best gift! Thank you TM and CQ!
            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Man of Match for me: Chinese defenders
              but caution: Japanese defenders are not this lousy
              we GOTTA find better ways to get to the goal

2- I'd have liked Azmoun to be taken out much much earlier, given his discomfort in 1st half. And the fact that with taromi out, we need a very fresh legged Azmoun

3- Omid & Dejagah were simply fantastic. controlling the middle and forming a shield in front of the CBs.

4- I feel (hope?) TM took its foot off the gas in 2nd half to preserve energy. Really hope this was the plan. Coz japan is a totally different beast

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                Happy Birthday, what a great gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                  Happy bday agha! Today is an easy day to enjoy
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    Man of Match for me: Chinese defenders

but caution: Japanese defenders are not this lousy
                    we GOTTA find better ways to get to the goal
                    We did! We just need to finish.

Comment

Bit of a dodgy stream at the start of both halves so may have missed a bit but from what I caught...

Excellent performance, definitely the best yet - we seem to be clicking into gear at just the right time. So smooth and co-ordinated today - CQ seems to have got them into a tournament frame of mind, getting stronger and more focussed as we progress. Our opponents should be worried.

Azmoun in that mood and form is the best striker in Asia, he needs to bully the Japanese in the same way

Milmo - class, yet again. Should be playing in a top league. I thought Rezaiean was very good too, incredible defending for China’s best chance.

Kanaani should keep his place now, given Hosseini’s unfortunate loss of form.

I think that midfield 3 is our best in the absence of Ezzatolahi. Hajsafi has grown into a very good central midfielder and CQ surely has to avoid playing him at lb again. Still moments of loss of concentration - e.g. not tracking his runner in that move towards the end where he ended up making up a great saving tackle but gives us a much better balance in midfield between too attacking (against Yemen) and too defensive (against Iraq) than we have had all tournament.

Concerned about Taremi’s suspension - I’m afraid those you criticising him for his missed chances will see how much more toothless our attack is without his constant physical pressure and excellent running off the ball.

I hope CQ brings in Torabi or Ghoddos against Japan as Ansarifard in that wide attacking role just doesn’t have the mobility to pressure the opposition in the same way. I suspect he will bring Amiri back in though to lead the press.

Still, the spine of our side is the best in Asia - best gk, best defence, Dejagah dominating things in the middle and Azmoun and so long as we keep our focus we should be winning this tournament.

Comment

Regardless of the great game and result today, it's all done and dusted. Going into Monday, it's VERY VERY important to remember that against the great robotic machine of Nihhon Army:

これを読んでいるすべての日本人にとって。 あなたのチームは優秀です、そして準決勝であなたを演じることは私たちにとって大きな名誉です。

私たちに憐れみを持ってください...私たちは下着です

Comment

Everyone played excellent today but the best for me was Azmoun. He hustled so much and had a hand in many plays and winning all 1-1 vs Chinese. Vaghean damesh garm. After him Kananizadegan played very good too. I really can't believe Taremi missed his pass. Ramin also was running a lot today.

Taremi combo will be missed despite him missing a lot of chances. Lets not forget CQ knows the team more than anyone and there is a reason he always uses him up there. For our tactic and game plan Taremi is a must. And its really too bad he will not be there. I know we have a deep bench but his connection to Sardar and how they perform is great.

Comment

Japan's fitness is very good, I'm glad we killed this game off early but we need to go all out against Japan. My feeling is that the other side of the bracket will be tired by next Friday's final.

Comment

I'm scared of Japan. Everybody is expecting them to win.

We are the underdogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X