Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Factors that cost Iran the game and the championship (1 Internal and 1 external)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Factors that cost Iran the game and the championship (1 Internal and 1 external)?

Lets be realistic here of how the game went and what happened.

Iran was pretty much the better team up to the 55th minute. Having some corners and many more free kicks than Japan. Attacking and having some chances, and in my opinion overall SLIGHTLY better than Japan up to that point. Basically if Iran had continued in that manner there was a chance they could have scored. Now:

(Internal Error): Iranian player (Kanani) thinks a foul is called. Some are saying by whistle and some are saying the ref pointed his finger towards the spot. I have not seen a replay yet. Then after he starts going after the ref 3-4 other players go after the ref too while we had enough coverage to block the play. All of a sudden the ref says (Advantage) and the play goes on and Japan scores. A complete loss of concentration leads to a mental breakdown after the goal is conceded. I think Kanani caused the dillima and had he gone after the play the goal could have been prevented. That's what I think too place and he lead the other players into his error and amateurish actions which caused the goal and Iran losing focus and concentration and having the air punched out of you.

(External Error): The 2nd goal was a PK which after being reviewed for a few min by the VAR team was called for the ref to be viewed directly as well. In the replay you can see that PAG had hit ground a fraction of a second before the ball is kicked. Thus there was no way for him to purposely place his arm there to stop the ball. Plus his arm is behind him and his elbow hitting down in somewhat of a defensive position of him trying to defend his body. Clearly this was not a PK and we will need to wait and see other opinions but I have seen many many plays similar to this and even worse where the ball has hit he players hand and a PK is not called.

Now many of us are mad and first thoughts are to blame the coach tactic and that Iran just did not have it. Iran had a good tournament and even today in my opinion was controlling the game until that fluke happened. Plus we were missing Taremi and Karim was warming up already to come in right before the goal fluke happened. That caught CQ by surprise too and messed up his tactics. Really sad this had to go this way for Iran today. One error followed by a referee error 100% flattened us.

What a sad sight.. This is why we lost if you truly want to know the reason
    Attached Files

Comment

i feel ashamed for these players, did they want to win the cup by complaining ? How many times ?

Comment

Only VAR took 4 minutes to restart the game, what about the rest of the injury time??
        4 minutes extra time played during injury time!??

Let’s face it, Japan was the better team. In a game that we should have excelled we ran out of ideas and steam?

Yes unusually a team full of composure, lost it in the second half. Perhaps we had an eye on the final rather than the game at hand?
        sigpic
        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

dont talk to the F ING REFEREE
          JESUS CHRIST WHEN WILL WE LEARN????????????????????////
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
            Lets be realistic here of how the game went and what happened.

Iran was pretty much the better team up to the 55th minute. Having some corners and many more free kicks than Japan. Attacking and having some chances, and in my opinion overall SLIGHTLY better than Japan up to that point. Basically if Iran had continued in that manner there was a chance they could have scored. AGREED

Now:

(Internal Error): Iranian player (Kanani) thinks a foul is called. Some are saying by whistle and some are saying the ref pointed his finger towards the spot. I have not seen a replay yet. Then after he starts going after the ref 3-4 other players go after the ref too while we had enough coverage to block the play. All of a sudden the ref says (Advantage) and the play goes on and Japan scores. A complete loss of concentration leads to a mental breakdown after the goal is conceded. I think Kanani caused the dillima and had he gone after the play the goal could have been prevented. That's what I think too place and he lead the other players into his error and amateurish actions which caused the goal and Iran losing focus and concentration and having the air punched out of you.

KANANI is not the one to blame. Watch it again. It's the players who ran towards the Ref asking for a Yellow card on the Japanese player who DIVED. The Ref didn't blow a whistle. That's why play continued. Nobody ran towards the ref a longer distance than Pouraliganji. He left his position entirely. The Japanese player who scored the goas stopped too. But he was also watching the ball and saw the opportunity and ran in the box. IBRAHIMI, REZAIAN, HAJSAFI and PAG all ran towards the ref. The Japanese player never looked back. He jumped up immediately and
            KNOWING he was the last to touch the ball, chased it down so we don't get a goal kick. By the time the corss came in we had a player unmarked but still had a chance to stop the goal if BEIRAVAND and MOHAMMADI had taken better positions.

(External Error): The 2nd goal was a PK which after being reviewed for a few min by the VAR team was called for the ref to be viewed directly as well. In the replay you can see that PAG had hit ground a fraction of a second before the ball is kicked. Thus there was no way for him to purposely place his arm there to stop the ball. Plus his arm is behind him and his elbow hitting down in somewhat of a defensive position of him trying to defend his body. Clearly this was not a PK and we will need to wait and see other opinions but I have seen many many plays similar to this and even worse where the ball has hit he players hand and a PK is not called.

It WAS a penalty. Unlucky one. But it was. If that was on the other end and not given we would be complaining about a conspiracy. He didn't do it intentionally. But his hand was out there and the ball could have gone into a dangerous position if it never hit his hand.

Now many of us are mad and first thoughts are to blame the coach tactic and that Iran just did not have it. Iran had a good tournament and even today in my opinion was controlling the game until that fluke happened. Plus we were missing Taremi and Karim was warming up already to come in right before the goal fluke happened. That caught CQ by surprise too and messed up his tactics. Really sad this had to go this way for Iran today. One error followed by a referee error 100% flattened us.

We were slightly the better team til their 1st goal. After that we were controlled by Japan and lacked the dangerousness that would be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
              Only VAR took 4 minutes to restart the game, what about the rest of the injury time??

4 minutes extra time played during injury time!??

Let’s face Japan was the better team. In a game that we should have excelled we ran out of ideas and steam?
              Yes unusually a team full of composure, lost it in the second half. Perhaps we had an eye on the final rather than the game at hand?
              Dadash. We could have played an extra 45 minutes and wouldn't have scored. It just wasn't our day.

Comment

We culturally lost to Japan... Iranian culture of that breakdown mentally took place. That's what brought down Iran today. If those players hadn't rushed the ref a different outcome would have been in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Behzadi FAN View Post
                  We were slightly the better team til their 1st goal. After that we were controlled by Japan and lacked the dangerousness that would be needed.

Thank you for your points..... I agree with point 1 about the players running at the ref but the PK portion it could have been not called. The ref talked and listened to the room for too long and then viewed it himself. I saw his arm being on the ground first and before the ball was shot. By a multi fraction of a second. I think based on that its the ball that played his hand. Not his hand playing the ball and thus should of not been a PK. At the end of the day its such a sad day that we lost the access to the final and lost our great coach in CQ.

Comment

australian referees aren't good for us. This guy was definitely better than ben williams, but did favor japan. I don't think Amiri deserved a yellow. I think azmoun was fouled but foul was called against him. the linesman made up for it when jb fell and we got a free kick. Very unfortunate that we lost due to a lapse of concentration and. Iran lost to Iran. unfortunately Japan will get credit and move on. Thank you carlos for 8 wonderful years and the best of luck to you wherever you go. Once again it wasn't our day. Maybe if we had more friendlies and better opposition these errors won't happen. This tournament we had several errors that nearly cost us. first minute penalty against oman. This error was weird because it happened in the second half. These show mental unpreparedness which only comes with time and practice. It is amazing that we came this close despite the lack of preparation and friendlies. This shows the genius of carlos, the unity of the team and how hard our boys worked. I wish they had more to show for their efforts. Thank you all coaches, players and staff.

Comment

The handball was not a penalty. This was discussed before. In this tournament they were not calling unintended handballs penalties in the world cup they were. The only difference is in the world cup they were consistent while in lowly lowly AFC they were not. FIFA needs to amend this rule and make it clear that any handball is a penalty intentional or unintentional. This way it will; not be up to referee's interpretation. Quite unfortunate that this happened and completely killed our team. Everyone knew we were not going to comeback from 2-0 against Japan. 1-0 was still very doable even with aliasghari football.

Comment

The handball was a "handball" (ie, yes, it hit his arm), but the arm was in a natural position to brace PAG body as he was falling/going for the deflection with his leg. If PAG did not place his hand where he did, he would have been asking for a concussion after his head met the ground. Any simpleton could look at that and say, "Yes, it hit his hand but he had his hand there to protect his body, not to stop the ball". The same is true when players in a wall place their arms in front of their testicles. If the ball hits their hands during this action, it is NOT considered a hand ball. The ref was too literal in his interpretation of a "hand ball".

Comment

IT HAPPENS in football over and over again ....
                          The way the players RAN towards the ref to protest a call ...

BUT .... the difference this time was .... the Ref didn't even blow the whistle.
                          players have to learn .. PLAY UNTIL YOU HEAR A WHISTLE..... fundamental things like this should be taught from an early age.

That has to be the cheapest goal we have given away since the corner from the Saudis that beat us in Iran and cost Daei the head coaching job.

Comment

Lesson number one any 5 year old learns when starting soccer

“Play to the whistle”

Second lesson, reminded every game, “don’t argue with the ref”

That was one of the most depressingly idiotic moments in our football. I can’t even watch the highlight. So disappointed.
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

This ref was another redneck SOB an not as bad as williams, but he only was fair for 25 minutes.
                              He helped the japanese. he has worked in J league and has japanese yen in his rear end.

He gave us yellows. He did not call two serious fouls by japanese. for one yellow the japanese was at fault but our player got the card.

we played as in one world cup with Bronko as the coach and Daei in khate hamleh alone. This was totally wrong decision by CQ. In fact this is what Qotbi inherited from Bronko and played and lost.

Players looked nervous but played some good minutes but the minute the referee started giving yellows our players started to remember Williams. The fear of getting red card crippled them. The Damn AFC should not bring a 32 year olf gigolo to ref an important game.

So part of the blame goes to Williams the other sob.

And regarding Taremi , he was kicked by chinese player and he card card by the qatari jerk who looks so evil. He was mean to our players. Taremi would have made a difference

JB was work out after so many matches. Ghodos should have started to get the result we wanted.
                              Jalal Hosseini would have been a savior but some thought he was old.

Our midfield lost the ball so many times,

If we had pressed hard with two in Noke hamleh we could have done it. The japanese knew how to surround Sardar and get those long passes and start a counter.

We did not deserve to lose and I think the fear of getting red card by another Asutralian redneck axxhole cripped us.

Qatari ref knew well that disabling Taremi would make Iran suffer and give a chance to Qatar. The referee for the match should have been Uzbek or Korean.
                              AFC has saved Faghani because they knew Iran would not be in Final so he will be used for final. coincidence?...

Comment

Working...
                              X