Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Factors that cost Iran the game and the championship (1 Internal and 1 external)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This pic sums up our players emotional breakdown and instability. And this started our performance collapse, followed by 2 more goals and several others we didn’t concede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The photo above sums it all. Iranian mentality breakdown. We lost to Iran and nothing else.

Comment

It annoys me because it appears the Japanese player dived and then got up to go get the ball and five of our guys were complaining

Comment

chi crossi ham ferestard yaroo bara gole avaleshoon..!! daYum.... pure perfection of a cross... landed precisely on the goal-scorers head .... !!
          now compare that to the constant bs aimless crosses our player service into box for sardar others? to latch on too..!!
          the difference in class of footballers between us and japanese is so stark ....its comic frankly..!!

Comment

Originally posted by H.Behzadi FAN View Post
            Dadash. We could have played an extra 45 minutes and wouldn't have scored. It just wasn't our day.
            “Dadash”, I actually agree but add that if we had played for another one day we wouldn’t have scored, doubt it’s due to not being our day. Our focus was missing. We missed Taremi too!
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Biggest factor: this isn’t IPL, Why go to complain for the ref when ball is still in play?!

Comment

Iran lost to Iran today. There was way too much pressure on Iran and everyone saying they are better than everyone and this and that. The whole thing about being an underdog when it comes to actually looking at the game philosophically came to be true. We were not tough enough mentally and we paid dearly. One stupid mistake cost us the whole thing because we looked too far ahead. CQ kept saying the whole time to just take it one game at a time but all of a sudden we have such a huge breakdown. At the end of the day this falls on the Iranian culture and mentality. How can 5 professional players start running after the ref like that and leave the goal. Even a free kick would have been much safer.

Look at the betting odds before the game and Iran being the cleared favorites. All this was just too much build up for us. Such a harsh game you are football!

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                  The handball was not a penalty. This was discussed before. In this tournament they were not calling unintended handballs penalties in the world cup they were. The only difference is in the world cup they were consistent while in lowly lowly AFC they were not. FIFA needs to amend this rule and make it clear that any handball is a penalty intentional or unintentional. This way it will; not be up to referee's interpretation. Quite unfortunate that this happened and completely killed our team. Everyone knew we were not going to comeback from 2-0 against Japan. 1-0 was still very doable even with aliasghari football.
                  The hand was away from his body. Clear penalty.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
                    Lets be realistic here of how the game went and what happened.

Iran was pretty much the better team up to the 55th minute. Having some corners and many more free kicks than Japan. Attacking and having some chances, and in my opinion overall SLIGHTLY better than Japan up to that point. Basically if Iran had continued in that manner there was a chance they could have scored. Now:

(Internal Error): Iranian player (Kanani) thinks a foul is called. Some are saying by whistle and some are saying the ref pointed his finger towards the spot. I have not seen a replay yet. Then after he starts going after the ref 3-4 other players go after the ref too while we had enough coverage to block the play. All of a sudden the ref says (Advantage) and the play goes on and Japan scores. A complete loss of concentration leads to a mental breakdown after the goal is conceded. I think Kanani caused the dillima and had he gone after the play the goal could have been prevented. That's what I think too place and he lead the other players into his error and amateurish actions which caused the goal and Iran losing focus and concentration and having the air punched out of you.

(External Error): The 2nd goal was a PK which after being reviewed for a few min by the VAR team was called for the ref to be viewed directly as well. In the replay you can see that PAG had hit ground a fraction of a second before the ball is kicked. Thus there was no way for him to purposely place his arm there to stop the ball. Plus his arm is behind him and his elbow hitting down in somewhat of a defensive position of him trying to defend his body. Clearly this was not a PK and we will need to wait and see other opinions but I have seen many many plays similar to this and even worse where the ball has hit he players hand and a PK is not called.

Now many of us are mad and first thoughts are to blame the coach tactic and that Iran just did not have it. Iran had a good tournament and even today in my opinion was controlling the game until that fluke happened. Plus we were missing Taremi and Karim was warming up already to come in right before the goal fluke happened. That caught CQ by surprise too and messed up his tactics. Really sad this had to go this way for Iran today. One error followed by a referee error 100% flattened us.
                    There was no error made by the referee. The player's hand in the ground changed the direction of the ball. That is a clear penalty. Please be realistic... if it was the other way around, would you be posting on the internet saying that the goal was not fair?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        The hand was away from his body. Clear penalty.
                        Same thing happened in Juve-Lazio yesterday and it wasn't a pk. The player's hand is in a natural position, and was planted before the ball was kicked. That's not a pk.

Comment

LOOK

Sometimes football is cruel.
                          Sometimes a Moroccan defender heads the ball in his own goal.
                          Sometimes TM doesn't realize the ball is still in play.
                          Sometimes the Chinese defenders make a mistake and we score.
                          Sometimes our defenders make a mistake and they score.

We can't both not take credit for the wins and then blame ourselves for the losses. This is football. There's so many things that happen. There was a mental lapse in this game. We are not 3-0 inferior to Japan on the pitch, it was a freak result. We will have brighter days yet..

Comment

Guys this crowding of the referee is something we see a lot both in our national team (is it fair to say we do it almost more than any other country), and IPL. It also seems in the national team that it has been getting worse over the years.

If we want to be positive, we can think of it as an important, though expensive, lesson. I hope we've learnt it now, that image should be etched in the mind of every current and future TM player/

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post

The best solution is to make a rule in IPL, mandatory yellow card to any player that complains to the Ref,
                              No exception.
                              They have to force the issue.

and that should include all youth leagues, lower leagues

Comment

Hope we learn to play to the whistle once and for all. We argue with the ref in every game no matter what. This behavior must change. Last time we lost to Iraq because of a player wanting to fool the ref.

Comment

Working...
                                X