Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Factors that cost Iran the game and the championship (1 Internal and 1 external)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
    The best solution is to make a rule in IPL, mandatory yellow card to any player that complains to the Ref,
    No exception.
    They have to force the issue.
    I agree we need to root this out of our football. Until now i thought of it as embarrassing when our players swarm around the ref, especially always seeing our most senior players at it now and before (Shojaei, Hajsafi, Nekounam).

Today it proved very costly.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
      The best solution is to make a rule in IPL, mandatory yellow card to any player that complains to the Ref,
      No exception.
      They have to force the issue.

and that should include all youth leagues, lower leagues
      Agreed. If you watch post game interviews and press conferences always try to blame their shortcomings and failure on the referees. Not to mention the ongoing players complaints to the refs on the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
        LOOK

Sometimes football is cruel.
        Sometimes a Moroccan defender heads the ball in his own goal.
        Sometimes TM doesn't realize the ball is still in play.
        Sometimes the Chinese defenders make a mistake and we score.
        Sometimes our defenders make a mistake and they score.

We can't both not take credit for the wins and then blame ourselves for the losses. This is football. There's so many things that happen. There was a mental lapse in this game. We are not 3-0 inferior to Japan on the pitch, it was a freak result. We will have brighter days yet..
        Exactly right. If we were to replay this game in a few days I can guarantee you that this wouldn't be the result again. That's just how it goes sometimes. We had time to come back after conceding the first goal but then we gave away the penalty , that pass could have gone a hundred other places but it hit PAG's hand and pretty much sealed the game for Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
          Same thing happened in Juve-Lazio yesterday and it wasn't a pk. The player's hand is in a natural position, and was planted before the ball was kicked. That's not a pk.

Then the ref made a mistake yesterday.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
            What a sad sight.. This is why we lost if you truly want to know the reason
            And we got the best defenders we are so good and this happend! They all together, there was no one who go after the japan player and all was empty

Comment

I think we lost today because we did not play any strong competition leading up to the Asian cup. So the players would learn how to play when we are behind in a game instead of playing weaker competition and winning the games I would of love to play strong sides so we would lose games or fall behind and come back so we can learn. But it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                Then the ref made a mistake yesterday.
                Call was confirmed by VAR.

Comment

The players hand was planted there before the ball was kicked. If you look at slow motion his hand gets placed there and the kicker kicks literally a fraction of a second later. Plus he had to put his hand there to protect his body. he was on the side of his arm on his back almost. The condition which he was in and how the ball was kicked after he landed makes this be not a PK. Many pundits indicated that this should of not been called a PK and the game could have gone on. The length of time it took him to listen to their advice and then walking there to look himself was indication that mixed messages were coming out.

VAR room can only give info to the ref and its the ref that makes the final decision. So the room has so many referees in there which discuss among themselves and then that room has a leader referee which provides the info to the ref on the pitch. And its the ref on the pitch which has the final say.

Comment

Call was confirmed by VAR.
                    So was Ronaldo's non red card elbow.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Agree,
                      But have to add the fact that Coaches are the cause. They do complain constantly. GN, Karimi, Daei, even Schaffer recentntly. The rule should be that only the captain can come within 5 meters of the referee to discuss anything. the linesmen should be educated more and they should help the referees and not follow them. 100 new professional referees need to be trained. Jalal Hosseini's leadership was missing at that moment in Japan game. he would have continued to play. anyway the damn BWS or Ben williams Syndrome was a factor in out loss. Australia should not sent shit to the games. adding Australia to Asia should be questioned and reexamined.

last note: Maybe some of our defenders are partially deaf. We need to review the video of the first goal and only look at the referee to see if he issued any hand signal before and during hand signal. Regardless of all these I would say the play was to psych up our team and make it lose. The Aussie ref instead of giving yellow card to japanese who had fouled he issues one to one of our players, and that was the beginning of fiasco. I do not want to blame everything on our players. The goals kept on coming and the team could not find peace. Psychologically was destroyed. I cannot forgive the Qatari jackass ugly ref the gave yellow to Taremi. that also affected the minds of everyone. we were not worried about Japan but the final regardless of what you hear. The players did not want to become another victim like Taremi.

Comment

Did anyone ask CQ for what reason and how this happened? He had so much confidence in his players as he stated. it would be nice to hear his expert opinion. I watched Heshmat Mohajerani interviews. He said a lot of good things but when he said a mihani coach can do the job and named several people. At that moment I had to say I have to disagree.
                        One thing for sure was that Azmoon's great move in China game made him look like Ibrahimovich and that was unfortunately not good for deciding a solo player against japan
                        I wonder why Beiranvand did not shout at his players in front of the goal. in fact he should have jumpd out and picked up the ball over the head of the jap. one on one should have been easy. I think he was also looking first at the referee. damn aussie ref with his Nixonian nose

Comment

Looking at it again, for the first goal, does anyone else feel that despite the mix-up and going to the ref - that there was actually still more than enough time to defend the cross coming?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            So was Ronaldo's non red card elbow.
                            You say it as if it strengthens you're position. By the same token, if VAR got the Ronaldo elbow wrong, they could've gotten the Japan penalty wrong.

In Italy the handball rule has always been like that. England and some other leagues (Australia i guess) interpret the rule a little differently. I've seen different refs from different countries call it differently in the Champions league. It's definitely something that needs to be more cleared up pre tournament and emphasized for consistency's sake in international tournaments.

Comment

You say it as if it strengthens you're position. By the same token, if VAR got the Ronaldo elbow wrong, they could've gotten the Japan penalty wrong.

In Italy the handball rule has always been like that. England and some other leagues (Australia i guess) interpret the rule a little differently. I've seen different refs from different countries call it differently in the Champions league. It's definitely something that needs to be more cleared up pre tournament and emphasized for consistency's sake in international tournaments.
                              My point was that VAR can be wrong just as it was for Ronaldo's elbow and the non pk you referred to in Serie A.

Comment

In addition to all the reasons everyone mentioned here, i have one more.
                                I would not paly my star player such as Taremi , in every game until he gets two yellows and unable to play in semi final against Japan.

Stragedy and planning was poor. Why do we have to throw in all of best players in every single match? Why do we need to keep a clean sheet until semi final? We have a good team and i believe in them . Japan was not the better team and they were scared of Iran. That is why in many occasions they were defending with 9 men in front of the Goal. If we play with them again we can beat them. I am expecting that next time they will park the bus in front of goal as Iran will not make defence mistake like this again. Iran almost always wins when they score the first goal. They need to learn to come back from a goal down. Or even 2 goals. They have to work on their confidence when they are behind. We lost cause we gave up, that is why we lost.
                                Last edited by leviathan; 01-30-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X