X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran got robbed and here is why

First Goal:

[What people say] -
    • "Iran was unprofessional and mentally weak for running towards the ref and constantly complaining".

• "They deserved to be scored on and it was a fair goal for Japan".

• "The ref didn't blow the whistle and yet Iranian players complained instead of playing".

• "You don't stop playing when the ref hasn't blown the whistle".

[The Incident] -
    • Minamino runs towards the ball after his teammate Osako does a pass.

• The pass is never reaching Minamino first and Kanaani does a clean clearrance of the ball without touching or physically battling with Minamino.

• Minamino decides to bump into Kanaani and theatrically goes down with a diving figure, seeking for a freekick.

• This is punishable and in most cases a yellow and sometimes red. VAR was available but not used.

[What Actually Happened] -

The Iranian players didn't surround the ref to convince the ref of their innocence.

They weren't asking the ref to allow the game to be played on as if they caused the tackle, no.

They were trying to explain how Minamino dived and that the ref should be blowing the whistle to punish the player for unsportsmanlike behavior.

The ref acted as if Kanaani tackled Minamino, but allowed the game to be played on since Japan got hold of the ball and scored.

Also, Minamino looked back, noticed the Iranian team gathering around the ref, which motivated him to get up and take advantage of the free ball since the ref never blew the whistle.

Even the goalscorer, Osako, raised his arms to express his opinion that Japan should have a freekick which is another reason why the game should've stopped.

KEY INFORMATION FOR VAR!! -
    • Everyone stopped playing besides the diver, including Japan.

• This is equivalent to when players grab the ball with their hands when they go down, which leaves the ref with no choice but to blow the whistle.

Basically, yes,

Iran should've kept playing since the ref never blew the whistle, however, that's really irrelevant because even if Japan would score in that case, it would still be from the build up after the dive.

Here is where people say, "you don't stop playing when the ref hasn't blown the whistle", blaming Iranian players for conceding the goal.

FACTS:
    • The ref should've used VAR and realized that it was a dive which led to the goal, meaning that the goal should not stand.

• It basically didn't matter whether the Iranian players kept playing or not.

JUDGEMENT:
    • The commentators explained how the ref had a good look and decided it wasn't a faul.

• If it was a faul then the ref should allow the advantage as he did, however he decided it wasn't a faul.

• The only options remaining are 1) dive or 2) advantage is allowed to be played.

• If it was an advantage, then he needed to use VAR to see if there was any contact which there wasn't, meaning there was no foul and the goal should be disallowed.

• If it was a dive (which it was), then he still needed to use VAR to see the incident, considering that many players notified him of this during the incident.

• Yet, it's punishable to make the VAR sign with your hands as a manager or player. In this case, the players behaved legally to communicate with the ref instead of bending the rules, even though they should've played.

Even players from the top leagues in the world rush to the ref when a player dives, and they even make the VAR sign with their hands.

The ref always blows the whistle. It is either a foul or a card for diving.

If the ref is unsure then VAR is used when available.

In this specific case, it's biased, cheating, and a corrupt judgement.

Another example of video editing decisions being biased against Iran is how the highlights shown on AFC's youtube channel edits the videos to make the opponents that got dominated by Iran look stronger than they were.

Even neutral fans commented about this actually happening on the youtube clip highlights.

One that hasn't been mentioned however, is when China almost scored in the beginning of the game, when it was an offside.

They didn't show the offside flag on the highlight.

I have never seen a highlight video cutting off the offside moment from an offside, or not showing the replay where the pass itself was offside.

• Iran got robbed by a team that is favorised for its sponsorship revenues.

• Iran got robbed by a team that is legally eligible to become South American Champions over money.

• This proves that money means more than the sport itself by those who make the rules.

• This proves that favorism is real, on paper.

• This goes against the laws of football.
    #BanNoorafkan

My man I know it hurts, but Iran did not play good football that day............................

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
      My man I know it hurts, but Iran did not play good football that day............................
      The first goal changed the whole game. This is why it matters. Players collapse mentally.
      #BanNoorafkan

Comment

iran played good up until that moment. but i have never ever in my years of watching football seen a ref give a player that was on the ground the advantage to play on. especially when they were taken down so close to the 18. it was an obvious blunder by ben williams' protege, but at the end of the day our players knew that the ref was out to get us and should have just played on. it just sucks knowing that everything TM worked for over these past 8 years was destroyed within 3 seconds... not only that but our recovery was terrible. even tho its not beiros fault for that goal, i just wanna know what the hell he was doing on that exit smh

and don't even et me started with that PK it was worse than the PK we got vs portugal
        SHOW TIME!

Comment

Iran was doing enough to win the natch if that forst goal never happened but then again if not that goal it wouodve been another b/s reason. Fact is, we had a game plan to win but not good enough to defeat the system so we lost another tournament as usual.
          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

for god sake, the ref didn't stop the game, he didnt see a foul or anything close to that, so the game was not disrupted! The only mongols who didn't realize this fact were our defenders who chose to verbally attack the ref..... the Japanese guy realized the ref didnt stop the match and he run towards the ball. That's it, no need of VAR, no need to stop the match, absolutely nothing!

Why on earth are Iranians trying to refuse responsibility and admit their clumsy behaviour....instead looking to blame somebody else....
            TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Lesson number one every 5 year old starting football is taught “Play to the whistle”

We shot our selves into the foot and have no one to blame but ourselves and should truly be ashamed for making such an amateur mistake at a professional level in the semi finals! Not by one but 5? 6? Players.

All that happened is our players were stupid in that incidence and ruined their chances and let us all down as fans. Then self destructed.

End of story in my opinion. We didn’t get robbed. We got punished for being stupid.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

No robbing. We didn't play the whistle. It's on us.
                Also VAR is only used in 4 cases: goals, penalties, red card offenses, mistaken identities for cards. This was none of those.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  No robbing. We didn't play the whistle. It's on us.
                  Also VAR is only used in 4 cases: goals, penalties, red card offenses, mistaken identities for cards. This was none of those.
                  The player who dived, created the goal. This is a VAR case and a potential card case. 2 out of 4.
                  #BanNoorafkan

Comment

I believe in Samans explanation. The ref should have given a card to the player from Japan but we should have been more professional than running after the ref.
                    With all due respect to CQ he is to blame too. Kananizadeh was too unprofessional for this game. Montazeri or Seyed Jalal were available. But i don't doubt that
                    the ref was in favor of Japan.

Comment

Always some excuse every asian cup. Lets get creative and stop blaming the ref.
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
                        The player who dived, created the goal. This is a VAR case and a potential card case. 2 out of 4.
                        It was neither.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

You are not allowed to dive!! Guy took a olympic style dive! Players demanded actions against the player and rightfully so.

I just expected them to still be able to cover for lost ground but they didn't. Disappointing but they had the right to demand action to be taken. The players knew this ref was not on their side as usual and this is how the get things, they have to be vocal otherwise you will never see calls made in our favour.
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

The mentality of players was that they would advance. They should have been more careful in their plays. Japanese surprise me for not being fair.
                            for me the game is over. The preparation should stop and no local coach, including Branko should be permitted by fans to get close to Team-e Melli.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

The ref was favoring Japanese because our players especially Hajsafei constantly nagging at him resulting in his frestratation. It's a bad idia to frestratate the ref because he may return the favor. Obviously the first goal was TM fault because they stop playing allowing the Japanese player to create an easy goal for Japan while Five of our players were busy nagging at the ref. That killed the spirit of our players and the game for TM.

Comment

Working...
                              X